The Ponderosa Assisted Living Community - Yakima, WA

The Ponderosa Assisted Living Community - Yakima, WA has yet not published prices.

When looking for a new place to live, I was really drawn to Ponderosa. I heard great things about it. My move in process was really fast and was made easy for me. I would recommend Ponderosa to anyone; everyone is happy here and the staff is really great. I love our menu here. It has the best food and that is saying something because I am a picky eater! Being active was one of the main reasons to moving and Ponderosa does not disappoint. My favorite is jewelry making and manicures!

Before I was looking for assisted living, I visited the Ponderosa with a friend. When I came for a visit, I saw how well the staff took care of her friend and how friendly everyone was. Since making the move to Ponderosa, I can confidently say the care is great and everyone is very friendly. Ponderosa also has a great menu with a nice variety. I really love that the menu changes monthly. The kitchen is able to fix meals so that there is something for everyone.

My husband and I were first looking at assisted living because he needed more care with his increasing health problems. We found the Ponderosa and quickly made the move. The Ponderosa has a good menu, with a variety of options. I enjoy the activities but my favorite would be knitting because we get to sit and visit with each other. I love that I can have my dog here, since it has been hard since my husband passed away.

I would recommend Ponderosa to anyone. The residents and staff here are great. It is the second best next to being in my own home. The move in process was easy; everyone was nice, pleasant, and helpful throughout. Being at the Ponderosa makes me feel like I am at home and I am very happy to be here. Ponderosa has a great menu! It changes each month but there is always familiar food. The kitchen staff does a great job and are always willing to adjust any meal to a personal preference.

Care staff was very rude and neglectful. My loved ones apartment always was filthy. I do not feel this is a safe place for seniors.

Not a good choice

After 9.5 years of excellent service for my parents, it is sad to say that for the last 6 months the service, friendliness, and value has been horrible. I would not recommend anyone have a family member at this facility until there is significant changes.

Price Kept Going Up

My mom was there and their care was really good but the building was older. The cleanliness might not have been as good because the building was older. A month after we moved her in they raised the prices and they never told us that that was going to happen. Less than a year later they raised them again and then they raised them a third time and so we had to move her. The main reason we moved was financial.