Pleasant Hill Manor - Pleasant Hill, CA

Chris Ullmanns treatmemt

Pleasant Hill Manor is a making its residents give up their refrigerators. I moved in at least 8 years ago under the guidance it would teach me independent living. Now they call it assisted living and senior care. I have had a fridge since for over 8 years and now they say they do not accept the residents owning a fridge. I also own a microwave. They want them removed because they say they are dangerous. They say they are a fire hazzard. I have owned a microwave for over 7 years now and I am a responsible person. I never need assistance. I really take good care of myself. The owner singles me out this morning and says to me I have to give up my microwave and my fridge and I tell her I have rights and she says I just rent a bed in the facility. She says she makes the rules as the owner of what we can keep in our rooms. I am not moving out I tell her and I tell her if she removes anything from my room I will sue her. She says she going to report my bad behavior. I am in compliance I unplugged the microwave and the fridge. I reported that to her. And now I sit waiting for more to protest with me. No one in the house wants to have to give up our refrigerators. She told me two weeks in a row on 3 occasions I only rent a bed and she has the right to do what she wants. I rent more than a bed and I have rights and she purposely singles me out and I put up a argument saying she is just a landlord and she can not do a thing with my possessions. Am I right she has no right to judge what I keep as possessions. A repeat reminder she singled me out 3 times in two weeks to report a rule change without telling the others in the house. It feel confrontational at times. I am keeping to myself and just relaxing in my room today. I have no real fight to fight today. I am completely in compliance I unplugged the fridge and microwave. I take offense when she says I just rent a bed. It's over 2200 dollars a month to live in Pleasant Hill Manor. I think I rent a little more than just a bed.

They have a shared room for...

They have a shared room for a woman available. Looks nice and is close to BART (1.5 miles). Don't have fees yet. Near cafes/shops/movie theater.

Convalescent Style

That was much more convalescent style. There were full - I was impressed with that but it wouldn't have been the right environment for my great aunt anyway. It was two to a room. I don't even think one to a room was an option and if it was it would have been way out of budget because two to a room was expensive. It was very much a convalescent style home.