Pines Village Retirement Communities - Valparaiso, IN

Best Decision Yet!

My mother moved to The Pines in February and it has been a wonderful experience. Living out of state, I now know that there is an extra set of eyes keeping tabs on her. The facility is immaculate, the staff is friendly and very accommodating. While she makes her own breakfast and lunch in her apartment (in her full kitchen!) I also know she is getting a good meal at dinner by eating in the dining room. After six months at The Pines my mother even made the decision, on her own, that she no longer needed her car as they have a wonderful bus service for residents to take them to the store, doctor appointments, etc. It was her own decision!

Excellent care.

My mother is very happy here and loves the community. It is very clean and well taken care. She likes to participate in all the activities that are offered. They offergood food for my mom to choose from. The staff is the outstanding and wonderful care for my mom. We recommend this to others for loving care.

Excellent facility. No gar...

Excellent facility. No garage, Would not rule out this facility.

Pines Village Retirement communities Valparaiso, IN

My mother lived there for two years in the assisted living area & the staff is wonderful! Every staff member is very personable & treat the residents with respect & dignity, even the teens that serve the food know each person by name. They have tons of activities , & outings for every interest immaginable and they make an effort to get each resident involved in them. They also have concerts, speakers , church services, a free bus service for those non-driving residents. The building is very well maintained & very cheerful. with sitting areas , outdoor courtyards, & a bistro area for the residents to have coffee & visit. The meals are also excellent!
They have made a few changes recently that are not necessarily for the better. 2 years ago they had an independent living wing & an assisted living wing. They have since intermingled the residents, & in my perspective it is not for the better. It stretches the staff too thin as the building is quite large & the nursing staff has to run all over the building to take care of the assisted living residents. The addition of a second nursing station & or additional staff would help aleviate the problem, but , I can't say wether this is something that will happen. Although they do not have a full memory care unit my mother moved in with early dementia, my only complaint is that when her dementia had progressed beyond their care capabilities they were not clear about communicating this to me & so I didn't have a lot of time before we had to move her to a full memory care facility . & as a result had to move her to a facility that was not my first choice.
All in all the experience was positive & again the staff is wonderful and very caring!

We Celebrate Life. At Pines Village Retirement Communities exceptional housing choices and a host of special amenities let you design your own life. Establish a lifestyle free from household chores, fewer worries and greater security. Discover what we are known for . . . our top notch amenities and services. From assistive services to oil painting classes, from our art gallery and computer center to fine dining, cultural events and walking clubs - well, let’s just say you certainly won’t be bored. You will be joining a community of people who are busy living, laughing and learning. It’s all about individuality and the choices you make for day to day living, personal service and healthcare options. As a non-profit, we put people before profits and are dedicated to excellence in retirement living. For 30 years, Pines Village has been the only independent living retirement community in Porter County, Indiana. Governed by a Board of community leaders who live and work locally and staffed by dedicated professionals, our entire focus is serving you.

Located in the university town of Valparaiso, Indiana, Pines Village Retirement Communities are just minutes away from restaurants, shopping, theatre, cultural events, golf, parks, Lake Michigan beaches and quality medical care. Chicago is just a 60 minute drive away.

Make your home with us . . . and delight in new friends, beautiful surroundings and great activities. Select the apartment size and location and then sit back and enjoy all the amenities included in your monthly rent.

* Dining
* Housekeeping
* Transportation
* Fitness Center
* Security and Emergency Response

Other Community features:
* Beautifully landscaped grounds, courtyard, walking trails, ponds & fountains
* Smoke free building & grounds
* Areas for entertainment, socializing and relaxation
* Active resident Council with multiple committee opportunities