Wittenberg Lutheran Village - Crown Point, IN

Not The One For My Mother, But Tour Went Well

This is a nice community, and I had a good tour of it. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. Everyone was friendly, and nice. The community looked good, everything was nice, and clean. The staff was polite, and helpful. The experience went well. It was not the right fit for my mother, but my tour went well.

I felt uncomfortable here. It was very quiet. They were showing a movie and only two residents were attending (movie was from 70s, would have liked to see a more current movie). The rooms are nice, but I was told that the current residents prefer to stay in their rooms most of the day. There is nothing "wrong" with this place, but I'm looking for somewhere my parents can have social interactions, not just housing.

Great staff

Mom likes the food at Wittenberg. She does wish there was a little more variety of options. The staff have been great. They were fantastic to work with when mom moved in and they introduced her to many of the residents. They are very accommodating. They do offer daily activities and the community is very clean. I would recommend this community.