Peristyle Residence Lakeview House - New Orleans, LA

Lakeview House

My mother was recently a resident @ Lakeview House. The facility was extremely clean & my mother was kept very clean & dry (depends changed frequently). I agree w/ another reviewer that the meals were rather skimpy. There were no activities other than watching TV. I think they were understaffed & they were not well-trained in how to deal w/ advanced dementia pt's. Thank you.

We have been beyond thrilled with our experience at Peristyle House New Orleans. After visiting facilities in Houston and New Orleans, we are at peace that we made the right choice. Peristyle House is a home, with 4-5 residents. The residents are able to have their own things and their own rooms, though my mother shares a room. It is so much better than a nursing facility, which is so impersonal and depressing.
There are 2-3 caregivers during the day. They play games, watch tv in their recliners, eat meals together in the dining room and get very personalized care.
Families of residents are constantly in and out and a doctor visits once a week or as needed.
It is the perfect environment for my mom. She is happy, well cared for and never feels neglected or lonely.

They aren't bad, but they could do a little better.

They are very clean, and the staff is friendly. They are pretty good in price compared to everything else around. I think they could do a little better with the meals, the portions are a little small, and sometimes they are a little skimpy. I've seen them with a bologna or ham sandwich for lunch. I think we are just used to hot meals for every meal. They aren't bad, but they could do a little better.

Peristyle Residence is a retirement community located in New Orleans providing quality care for senior citizens. We are known for our caring professional staff and services catered to meet the needs of the elderly and their families. We work hard to handle every concern and to provide the senior care that is needed. The services and resources that we offer saves families time and the energy that they are faced with in suiting the needs of their loved one. Our private or semi private rooms are accommodated with bay windows, state of the art furnishings, flowers and patio furniture on a deck, and house keeping services. Bathing and bath linens are provided with laundry service. With four locations, we offer services in different demographics such as New Orleans LA, Metairie LA, Gretna LA, and Hattiesburg MS. We have a highly trained staff with over thirty years of experience in healthcare, senior living, and hospice care. Offering a wide range of services that include, assistance with daily living, bathing and dressing, cooking meals, twenty four hour supervision, grooming assistance, activities and entertainment, nutritious meals and snacks, ambulation/transferring supervision housekeeping, medication management, and spiritual services. Families can enjoy the facility by taking their loved ones on walks or drives along the sea wall enjoying and exploring the warm scenery that we have. By helping others provide their own identity and independence, Peristyle offers a relaxed, safe environment that families can trust.