Park Provence - Slidell, LA

We toured this community

We loved this community so much we are on the waiting list. We had some good word of mouth reviews about this being a great place. It was a good tour they answered all of our question and they promised to do right by my mom. It was nice and clean. And have a calendar of activities to do daily. I can't wait to have here here.

Very nice place. Grounds are gorgeous. Some the apts we looked at are large enough for two people. Even though they provide all meals I still would like a little stove not just a hot plate.

This is a beautiful facility with many wooded areas surrounding a pond with a walking area. Staff interactions with residents seemed more like family members than clients. Lively activities with many residents in attendance. Great tour.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I just wasn't impressed by what I saw at Park Provence compared to some of the other places I'd seen. Things just felt a little chaotic during my tour, and I also didn't feel like it had much in the way of common areas for the residents.

A Place that's like family

My Mother and Father-in-law moved to Camellia Gardens, now Park Provence, a little over two years ago when they were no longer able to take care of themselves and their home. It was the best decision we've ever made as a family. The staff treat them like they are their own family. They do so many little acts of kindness that I am sure are not a part of their job description. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is very community oriented. The staff knows everyone by name and greets them with smiles every day. Their first holiday spent at the community was a difficult one, as they were not able to attend the family gathering in our home. One of the kitchen staff, Ms. Johnnie Mae went on her own time and bought my Mother-in -law a can of Petit Pois Peas, her favorite holiday side dish. Who does that? The staff at Park Provence. They ROCK! The Director Susan [removed] worked with our family to get them services when they needed it. She has been there since the building was built and has such a big heart. My Father-in-law passed the Christmas Eve but my Mother-in-law will still reside there. It's a safe, happy comfortable place with lots of love and hugs to go around for all of the residents. I recommend highly.

wonderful

My aunt and uncle are living at Park Provence and they just love it there! There was one instance where my uncle had to go to the hospital, and they were very helpful throughout the whole process. They have just really been wonderful. The food is great, and all the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Excellent!

Park Provence has been great. My dad is adjusting. It's very comfortable and the people are so helpful with helping dad get adjusted. The facility is safe. They are willing to work with you. My dad has established some friends. He is able to go out for walks. There is a lot of things to do. The staff is responsive. They are working with him. We appreciate them taking care of our dad. They give us a lot of counseling.

Satisfaction

up to now--everything fine--all personnell have been excellent--kind, thoughtful, helpfull.etc.especially Audrey
Baker (Director) . She has been most helpful and professional in dealing with me during this trying time in my life. You are very fortunate to have such an outstanding employee

Overall, I'm happy with this place. M...

Overall, I'm happy with this place. My loved one can be a challenge, but they have dealt with it really well! They offer lots of activities, and I see people in the different rooms participating in them. I really have no areas of improvement. We really liked this place because of the facility's condition, as well as the friendliness of the staff! That, combined with the ideal overall costs made this a good value!

A BIG Thank You to "A Place for Mom"

Our family was at a loss till we heard about "A Place for Mom". Their representative sent us many very nice referrals of assisted living facilities to check out. We decided on the jewel, Camellia Gardens in Slidell, La. It was everything we were looking for! A beautiful & safe place where we felt that she would be happy. Audrey & Susan & all the people there were so very helpful walking us through everything & they are still working with us to get my Mom settled in. All of us send a very big thank you for your careful thoughtfulness...

They Treat My Dad Like Family

I have such a great relationship with them. I just love them! My dad has been there over a year and I have no complaints at all. My dad is in the memory care and doesn't participate in the activities but I do see that they have a lot of activities. They just treat my dad the best - they treat him like family.