The Atrium Assisted Living - Metairie, LA

Very nice place I loved the courtyard which provided an open airy space! I was able to speak with a resident who was so nice and really loved living here.

Toured on Saturday. Everyone seemed very happy and the staff seemed very nice. Will definitely keep as an option for my father in law to look at.

tour was tailored for our needs.

Nice Place

They advertise that they go and check on the residents every 2 hours and that wasn't happening. This is a nice place if you are more independent, if you need any assistance at all this isn't a good place for them. They have lots of activities like the music and they let you bring in your pets. They have restaurant style dining. The gal in the salon was nice while my Aunt got her hair done. It is really close to family so we could go visit often.I would recommend this place only if you can get around.

Not the right fit

When we toured the Atrium Assisted Living we met only one person who gave us the tour. As soon as I walked in I knew it was not the right place for my loved one. I felt it was depressing and not as clean as I expected.

Father Receiving Good Care

I do feel comfortable with my fathers move to this community. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. The staff have been good to work with. He is in the memory care portion of the community. I know he is being provided with good care, and is safe. It is a pretty mellow scene whenever I visit. He is doing well since his move to this community, and I would recommend it.

Pleasant Tour Of This Community

We had a nice tour of this community. It is a nice looking community, everything looked great. Our tour was kind, and helpful. Everything went well overall, but I did find another community that met our needs better.

Never Got To Move In

My brother was very excited to be moving here.We had invested time moving his furnishings in however right before he was scheduled to move in he fell and broke his hip. He had to spend time in the hospital then onto the rehab place for an additional time. The staff at The Atrium were extremely understanding and nice at the time.

Loves Being Here

We were very excited to find this community we knew it was going to be a good match to mom. She loves interacting with the residents which she has made some very good friends. The staff is wonderful very friendly and attentive they show a guanine concern for all the residents. Mom participates in activities and is loving them. The food is great well prepared. The community is clean and well maintained.

Looks Older Than Most Other Properties

The location appeared to be an older building than others we had previously toured. I think an investment in some area is warranted. The inside looked as old as the outside. The staff was very nice and friendly but because of the appearance of the decor, it just gave a feeling of an old time nursing home.

I Was Not Impressed

They were not newer, and not as appealing to me. They were not a good fit for my mom. The representative was knowledgeable about they community for an assisted living facility. There was nothing that was really negative about the community from what I saw.

Great Activities and meals!!

I have no complaints about the care my mother has been receiving at this community. The staff have been friendly and helpful to her and have helped her make a smooth transition. The meals and activities have also been wonderful and helping her interact with the other residents a little more. Overall we are pleased and are looking forward to how things will go in the future.

The Atrium

The facility and employees are very nice. My mother is happy there.

Things are going well

The staff at The Atrium is attentive. They have enough staff to care for the residents. They keep the community clean and the food is good. They offer daily activities and I have already recommended this community

Not a bad community

The community is clean and well taken care of. The main issue we have is that there is only a nurse on duty twice a day to give out medications and mom requires some treatments more than this. The staff are nice, however I do not think mom is being reminded to take care of her personal needs. They offer activities for her to enjoy and the food is good.

Comfortable Living Environment!!

I am very pleased with my new living environment, the staff have all been so friendly and welcoming on helping me make the transition into the community. I have no complaints about the meals and my room is very comfortable. I do recommend they have more organization on handling my mail.

We like the Atrium

My mom moved in on August 4. So far, the Atrium has been a pleasant experience with a few hiccups. A new Executive Director came on board a few weeks ago and began changing the hours of the workers. As a result, 5 of her staff quit. They are beginning to hire new people, but in the meantime, the service has fallen due to the short staff. My Mom was not receiving the 24/7 level of care we are paying for and we are keeping a close look to see if it improves. The food is very good and they have very nice activities for the people there. Also, my mom is African American and the current hairdresser does not know how to give her a relaxer for her hair. I talked to her and she has offered to help me find one in the area, which I appreciate. I am confident that all will work out in a satisfactory manner.

Stop lying

This place is a complete lie no of this Therapist
Visiting Podiatrist
Medication care managers / Medication Technicians
Nutritionist / Dietician
IADL Assistance
Full time activity director
is right don't none of these people come here the Director of the atrium is a complete clueless about this building they work they employee to hard and don't pay them enough money the people at the front desk don't no nothing and the bookkeeper don't no nothing but how to ask for money I ask them about the Internet for my mom they told me they don't supply Internet for my mom I'm paying 3000 damn dollars and I can't get no internet for me I love the nurses if I need to no anything ask them because the people in the front don't no nothing don't bring your love ones to this place the cna and pca are the ones who need to be paid more then the people in the office thanks to the pca who took care of my mom I would pay y'all millions of dollars to you y'all but I don't have this place lie get rid of the receptionist and the two women in the office they don't make this place feel good

Review of The Atrium Assisted Living - Metairie, LA

We were not terribly impressed with The Atrium. Though the staff was warm and receptive they didn instill confidence regarding their capabilities. Also there was a strong smell of urine in the lobby reception area and the decor was dated and drab--some chairs were tattered with upholstery requiring repair. My husband noted a glass coffee table that may present a hazard to residents should they fall. Regretfully based on our visit I don’t feel this is the place for our loved one who has Alzheimer’s dementia.

They Try Hard To Pleas You

All of the staff members at The Atrium Assisted Living really try hard to please you the best they can and anything you ask them about they can answer and anything that I ask for they usually get for me.

Everything is good

Everything is good at The Atrium Assisted Living. They keep her pretty busy with activities. Mom has adjusted really well. The staff are very friendly at this facility. I have no complaints except the price could definitely be more reasonable. It has been a good experience overall.

I have mixed reviews about this place. My aunt lived there and recently passed away. My issues were with certain aspects of this facility. The first is the bookkeeper, she has NO clue how to balance funds. At the beginning of every month there was always a billing issue, my aunt would send me to the office to pay her rent. The bookkeeper would NEVER leave her office to speak with me, she would converse with me through the receptionist who looked completely overwhelmed at times. The last time i went to pay the rent, there was a questionable charge so i went to the front desk and the receptionist went into the bookkeepers officr and told her that I wanted to speak to her concerning the rent, I HEARD the bookkeeper say to her FIND OUT WHAT SHE WANTS IM BUSY. So the receptionist had to walk back and forth between us passing messages for about 10 mins with my financial information being broadcasted.
None of the caregivers stood out.
The administration is really nice, i feel like she is there because she truly loves doing what she does. She's compassionate and caring and always walking around assisting residents.

Seems like a nice place

Overall things I have gone well with The Atrium. It is a nice looking place, the staff are friendly, and they take good care of the people who live here. I appreciate the extra effort they put into integrating my loved one into the community. However, they could have offered a bit more help with the actual move-in process, we were essentially on our own.

Review of The Atrium Assisted Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Metairie, LA

40 yr building, not much outside scenery, however rooms are large, bathrooms were outdated cast iron tub would need a cut out for a walk in tub. Sitting & dinning area cozy with sunlight coming through like a natural court yard. Cost not to bad, however, only a 30 day term so price could rise every 30 days if they wanted. Friendly staff, fairly clean,central air/heat,emergency pull chord, stove/oven range and refridgerator. Room could use afresh up on paint. All & all not to bad.

Long response times

It took a long time for them to get back to me so if that’s how they potential residents, I can’t even imagine how long it would take for a resident. They couldn’t answer any questions on even things like when the food was served.

For value I want to rate them a ten!

For value I want to rate them a ten! I love it over there! I think the director is there 24 hours a day – she’s so involved! I think the food is excellent. It’s really clean. Everyone is helpful. Whatever services you need they get them for you. They followed up with everything. They were so helpful when I brought my loved one here.

I knew my dad was in a safe place.

They were very I find that it is a very close knit community and very positive environment for my dad. Staff is extremely respectful of the residents. The residents were all very happy. I knew my dad was in a safe place. They could do better on the food, but the laundry was fine.

I like it. It's an excellent place.

I like it. It's an excellent place. The food has been good, no complaints. There have been no suprises, what we saw on tour was what we got. They were very up-front with us. It's got enough people to have a variety of personalities to interact with.

NOT RECOMMENDED; POOR CARE

The Atrium quoted me a price of $3000 as a a flat rate for care for my mom being fully aware that she needed assistance will all daily needs. Then after 3 wks thy decided I needed to pay $1000 more because hey hired an overnight sitter for her without my consent or approval. They suddenly decided that the prescribed CPAP for her sleep apnea, which she has used with no issues for 3 years, required an overnight sitter. When I fought it, she was sent a discharge notice. So I complied because it was too much trouble to move her after our cross country move and new job. Then last night one if the workers at the Atrium put the CPAP mask on my mother and thee was no air flowing through it. Thankfully I checked it and they corrected the problem. I am looking for a new facility!!! I do not recommend this facility at all! Always seem short on staff for memory care unit! Another time I went and my mother was in her room throwing up and I had to go room to room to find a worker to help her. Another time a worker let her slip out of her wheelchair into the floor while the worker was holding a puppy in one hand instead of using two hands to assist my mother. Sketchy administration and poor patient care!!!

everyone here has been very helpful a...

everyone here has been very helpful and nice. activitys could have more options for all residents. food is very good. more desserts would help.

It had a clean smell and it was nice.

It had a clean smell and it was nice. He seems to be enjoying it, and he was telling us he was going on their bus, and getting out again. If they haven't seen him out and about they will come check on him. Those things alone make me feel better. They have a cleaning staff to come and clean up for residents as well as the common areas. The staff knows him by name.

satifsfied overalli

after arriving to the atrium I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk clerk I had been speaking with over the phone. she was very nice and greeted me warmly. the other staff was very helpful and willing to help in any way. I felt relieved because i was traveling from Houston Texas to New Orleans and was prepared for something to be out of line however it wasn't the case. I am sure my mother in law will be comfortable here and felt at ease leaving her here. I can tell by the friendly staff that she will be looked after with the exact same care that I have given her over the years. thanks to a place for mom I wouldn't have been able to find A BETTER PLACE..SO FAR SO GOOD.

Clean and Nice

I think that they don't really have anyone in charge to make sure that things that are getting done. Everyone is very, very nice but normal things that should get done are not always done. I think they do exercises and birthday parties in terms of activities. It is an older community, and very affordable. Not as fancy, but very clean and the rooms are nice. My aunt is very happy.

Facility is old and shows i...

Facility is old and shows its age completely. Staff was very friendly and approachable. There were almost no residents out at the time I went.

liked facility, very clean....

liked facility, very clean. It is still on my list.

Atrium Assisted Living facilities provide services for Assisted Living, Alzheimers & Dementia Care, and Independent Living. They feature free family video conferencing and free wireless Internet. "Our residents come first, then we focus on our staff, our belief is that success will follow."