Pelican Pointe Assisted Living & Memory Care - Klamath Falls, OR

Review of Pelican Pointe

Thank you staff and admin for your always smiling welcoming presence. You have made this transition feel like "coming home"! You quickly put our minds at ease with any problems we might have and keep mom busy and active thru-out the day! A big thank you!!

Attractive facility but feels instatutionalized

I toured this facility when we were looking for a facility for my dad and unfortunately decided against this place because it just felt too big. I don’t have anything negative to say about this community besides it was really big and it felt more institutionalized. However, the facility itself is very attractive and looks nice. There are a lot of activities and they have a calendar full of things to do. The staff members were really friendly and answered all of the questions I had pretty well. The person who gave me the tour was really informative. From what I say, I would recommend this facility.

Frontier Management

Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation of our community. If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please feel free to drop by or give us a call!

Very, Very Happy

So far, we are very, very happy with Pelican Pointe. The people there are very attentive, and seem very knowledgeable. We are also thrilled that they are part of the Marquis Group, which has their own Medicare sup insurance plan that is cost effective with good coverage

Frontier Management

We are delighted to hear you are happy with us here at Pelican Pointe! Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We hope you continue to be happy here with us at Pelican Pointe!

Very Welcoming

My mom is really enjoying her stay at this community she is clean and healthy looking which is a great change. She enjoys the activities such as clogging and playing the piano herself. They have a beautiful garden area. She loves watching [Removed] with the gang she calls them so she's making friends. The staff is very friendly and attentive to her needs. The food is great also and would recommend to my friends and family. Something else I love is they have a support group for family member to educate us on dementia and helps us understand what mom is going through. The grounds are kept very nice and they decorate for the different seasons I give them 4 stars for sure.

Frontier Management

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care to all of our residents. We are happy to hear that we have provided your mom with great care, as well as provided you with helpful resources. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

so far so good

Pelican Point is a very nice, pretty and , warm place. They have daily activities for their clients and according to my family member who is living there in memory care---they are very clean. The dining room in memory care is rather glum, but there is an outdoor garden area with umbrella they can access. At this point (two weeks in), I am pleased. Every Monday they get an outing in the bus....go to get coffee, and the park or whatever. The staff is very accommodating, So far so good.

Met with [Removed] on June 28. Very helpful, gave me lots of information, took time to answer all my questions. Toured both parts of the facility and 3 different types of rooms.

Not as Impressed as I was lead to believe

At first this organization was very friendly and helpful with signing us up into the place. Right afterwards, we noticed that the employees were not fully qualified in some areas. One night a staff member got upset with my husband and walked out on him while they were helping him go the the restroom. My husband is a fall risk and has trouble going to the restroom at night due to his medications. The second day that he was there, he decided that he wanted his meals in his room rather than going to the dining room. One day they came in to take his order for breakfast but never show up with the meal. Lunch came around that the same thing happened again. When his blood pressure rose to high levels, they contacted me to bring him his meds. I advise that I lived in another state and that they should be contacting his doctor with these concerns. One night the fires alarm went off and it appears that no-one knew what to do. Luckily it was just a toaster in a patient room that was smoking but it could have been more serious. My husband will not be staying any longer than the initial month. This is truly a bad experience for him and me as the one who thought that this place would help both of our needs. We are back to square one.

The Staff Was So Caring

We really liked it at Pelican Pointe Assisted Living & Memory Care. Mom went to church there, she played bingo, etc. The staff was so caring. They visited her at the hospital when she got sick and even fed her lunch to her. It was just a wonderful experience at this facility. I loved it and mom loved it too.

very welcome and comfortable

They have really gone above and beyond to help us figure out what we need to do with our aunt. They made us feel very welcome and comfortable.

Comparing it to my last experience at another place, I do notice that they sometimes are not as available as much at the front desk.

But overall everything with Pelican Pointe Assisted Living & Memory Care has really been great and I would highly recommend them.

Best thing we could have done for Mom

We moved my mother into Pelican Pointe in June 2014. That was one of the best things we could have done for her.
The staff is friendly and very caring. We have not meet anyone there that we have not liked. The staff really cares about the residents. Someone is always available to answer questions or lend a helping hand when one is needed.
Mom is happier than she has been in a long while. She has much more socialization than she was getting when she was living at home alone. She even seems to be healthier and is more active.
Mom, has started going to church again. She plays Bingo several time a week. Participates in the exercise programs that are offered to the residents. Goes to the musical events that are offered throughout the week.
The cost is comparable to the other Assisted Living facilities here in our area. We feel it is worth every penny for the peace of mind we have knowing that someone is looking after Mom at all times and that she is not home alone.

Also nice & friendly.

Also nice & friendly.

Pelican Pointe Assisted Living and Memory Care Community feels just like home. We have created a balance of privacy and community, filled with loving staff and wonderful residents. Our assisted living community offers a total of 64 spacious studios and one-bedroom apartments for singles and couples. Our memory care community consists of 24 private suites and a higher level of care for seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia related illnesses. Our goal at Pelican Pointe is to create a great place to live and work. We believe happy well-trained caregivers take better care of your loved one. We care about the whole life experience. Our dining services are the best, hands down. The dietary team has an open relationship with the residents and work together to create a superior dining experience. Our life enrichment program recognizes that seniors lose some of their identity as time goes on; many lose physical and cognitive ability. Our life enrichment directors are committed to reconnect each resident with those things that fulfill lifestyle, interests, and past history. Doing good feels good, and our staff is the best at what they do, this is what makes for a great place to live. Simply the best.