• Medical Director on Staff

Dishonest

Sales person is worse than used car salesman. She lied about the insurance they accept; story changed to that they hope to accept the insurance in 18 months.

Satisfied

The staff here is nice and friendly. My sister enjoyed her stay here but wished she was allowed to take her walks by herself when she wanted. Besides that though the facility was kept clean and the community seemed to be happy and well.

More care then needed.

I toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff were nice and able to answer the questions we had on te care that is offered here. The community was clean and they offered a good variety of healthy meals. We liked that the menu was appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Loved the way this location showed. Grounds were not as beautiful as some other locations but the feel was much more homey. The staff was nice and the residents seemed happy and well adjusted. The price was average and the option for medicaid after a few months was a plus.

I'm not so good at rating.

I'm not so good at rating things but what I can say is that the experience I've had with Pathways has been great! My Dad is still trying to adjust but in the process he has participated in some activities and maybe made a friend or two. He really enjoys the food and the cooking is the only odor you'll smell when you go to Pathways. I'd absolutely recommend them to a friend!

Great Alternative

We are very happy with my mother's move into Pathways things are going great for her here. My mother has been a clean and neat freak all her life and one thing she always says to me is how clean the community is and how nice it looks . The staff here has been wonderful and nothing but very helpful and kind to us. One thing my mother seems to enjoy a lot is the food here she loves it and has never said one bad thing about it. She just loves it here so far they have good activities for her to do if she feels like it and she has made some new friends as well so that is really nice to. I have all ready recommended this community to a neighbor who's husband has been showing some early signs of dementia I told her this is a very good alternative for us and helped us out very much.

Review of Pathways Assisted Living & Memory Care Neighborhood- Goodyear, AZ

Visited the community of homes and found the grounds welcoming the staff very helpful and supportive in answering our families many questions to place my parents in assisted living or memory care. Very clean facilities and protected yet very open

Pathways - Make it your new home

I interviewed with several communities and decided on Pathways. My decision was easily made because of the staff and the facilities. My mother needed to go to a place that felt like home. The layout of the homes is perfect for anyone thinking about moving to this type of living situation. The bedrooms are huge, the living room area and kitchen is huge, the central bathroom with shower is perfect and the laundry room where each person's clothes are washed individually is the perfect setup. My mother needs food available to her 24/7 and that is no problem here. The "roommates" have all made her feel comfortable and accepted. I can't say enough about the staff. They are all great. I would highly recommend Pathways to anyone.

Pathways - Make it your new home

High Ratings

I am real happy with it and everything. They go out of their way to do whatever they can to accommodate you and make things work. And they have helped us with the insurance and everything. I rate them very highly.

It has been a good fit

Overall I think it has been a good fit for my loved one. However, I would like to see more encouragement for participating in the activities and also more encouragement for keeping up with personal hygiene.

A Home-like Atmosphere

Pathways is wonderful. Living in a different state than our father who had advanced cancer and COPD at the age of 67, we wanted to find a place that felt as close to home as possible while still offering the necessary medical care we simply couldn't provide. The nursing homes and assisted living facilities we had looked at prior to learning of Pathways felt sterile and cold like hospitals. Even our dad who wasn't super social benefitted from the close-community style of living. When our father passed away, Pathways was very human about the whole thing and supplied post-death services like returning Oxygen and medical rentals, removing the burden from our already full plate. We were very happy with our decision and glad to know there are places out there like this.

good overall

Overall everything with Pathways Assisted Living and Memory Care has been really good. They do seem to be a bit understaffed at the present time as far as caregivers go.

Pathways Started as a great place for mom

Pathways Started off as a great place for Mom.vBut in the last 3 months the director turnover and Care giver turnover is becoming an Issue. It was stated when I moved mom in that there would be two caregivers per house 8am -7 pm one during over night. That has changed now that other homes on the property have opened. Appears only one per shift. I have had to wait 7-9 min for access into house when I arrive to vist more than once. Also staff are permitted to wear Vulgar id layards in plain site.

Pathways in Goodyear, AZ

Mom is enjoying her stay at Pathway. It took a couple of weeks for her to join in with the activities, but she likes it. Mom likes the food and says that there is lots of variety, plus she can ask for specific items too (peanut butter sandwiches, Activia yogure, Gatorade, etc). We are able to have open conversations with the staff about Mom, her medicine, her eating habits, any activities that she likes, and her personal care. We are very satisfied with Mom's care.

At Pathways, our approach is quite different from other communities. We are not a large multiple story facility…we’re a neighborhood. We could choose to follow the typical industry model to reduce costs or maximize staff efficiency; but we don’t. Our primary focus is and always will be our residents. Providing them with exceptional care in a true home setting while preserving their individual dignity drives everything we do.
Each of our six neighborhood homes are spacious at over 6500 square feet. All private rooms ranging in size from 280 - 382 square feet surround a warm and well appointed living room, dining room, and beautiful kitchen. A cozy study and special amenity room in each home complete the true home-setting our residents call home.
Assisted Living
Assisted Living at Pathways is designed to provide assistance to our residents who need some help in their daily living. Our nurse supervised, certified caregivers are available 24/7 and provide assistance with a variety of tasks including:
•Medication administration & management
•Bathing/showering
•Dressing
•Personal hygiene (brushing teeth, combing hair etc.)
•Going to the bathroom/Continence Management
•Vital sign monitoring
•Transferring (in & out of bed, bathroom, wheelchair etc.)
•Coordination of physician appointments, home health services & other specialties.
•Daily housekeeping
•Laundry service
We know that quality of life is measured not just by the completion of daily tasks. Active social interaction, good food and enriching activities are critical to maintaining a strong mind and healthy body.
We prepare three delicious home cooked meals each day and snacks are always available from the kitchen in every home. Our full-time Life Enrichment Director creates a variety of activities which are designed to be fun and engaging while promoting social interaction, cognitive stimulation and physical wellbeing. We know pets can play such an important role in our lives…at Pathways, we welcome small pets to the neighborhood.

Memory Care
At Pathways, we have dedicated homes for our residents with Alzheimer’s, other types of dementia or other forms of memory loss. Our memory care program focuses on getting to know our residents and their histories – the details of their lives - so we can help create the most pleasant environment possible for them as individuals. Our clinical team is dedicated to maintaining the dignity and individuality of every resident who has chosen to call Pathways home.

Ongoing dementia-specific training by our Clinical Director and other certified dementia specialists keeps our staff on top of current best practices and allows them to provide personalized care that is best suited for each resident’s needs.

Our homes are relaxing and comforting with just the right amount of stimulation provided to increase alertness and maintain quality of life. Each home features a spacious living room for activities and socializing throughout the day, with an additional quiet study for those who would like to relax on their own or visit with friends and family. The dining area features family-style dining where residents gather for mealtimes with soft music for an enjoyable dining experience. This intimate small home design helps our memory care residents retain a feeling of familiarity with their surroundings and enjoy a “sense of place” – something particularly important for those with dementia. Recent research has shown that a smaller home setting along with specific caregiving techniques and methods can lower rates of depression and anxiety in those with dementia.