Park Vista Retirement & Assisted Living Community - Port Orchard, WA

Park Vista Retirement & Assisted Living Community - Port Orchard, WA has yet not published prices.

Recommend Highly Park Vista Memory care Unit

As my father's age, health, and dementia grew we looked for an assisted living facility that could meet his needs. Park Vista's Memory Care Unit in Port Orchard met all of our needs and they treated my father with compassion, patience, and professionalism. They took personal interest in caring for my father and ensured his clothing and room were clean. I recommend park Vista's Memory Care Unit.

NICE PLACE, POOR CARE

We were looking for a place for Dad. He needed some help. Everyone was friendly and smiling. When we came in to fill out the paperwork they even had a sign on the desk welcoming us. They even took $1000.00 off the cost of entry fee to give to Dad's church. they had a giant check that was displayed in the foyer with dad's church name for a $1000.00. We only found out later it was a sham. They never received the money. Everything was goo to start with. But when they gave his meds to him at 10:30 pm. We spoke to them and they fixed that. He got the flu and they had a quarantine. Dad fell and was injured. SKFR was called and checked him out and did not transport for unknown reasons. The staff checked on him during the night 3 times, leaving him bleeding in bed and very lethargic. They didn't call us for 12 hours. Later we arrived and took him to the hospital. He was very weak and not able to communicate. He is now in a nursing home. I'm sorry I didn't check the comments before placing him there.

It's a pretty good place.

I am a regular visitor and find that everyone is very kind and willing to help. They have some wonderful events they offer a lot of activities. There is a lot of turnover but the changes in the staff seem to be for the better. I would recommend the place...even on a bad day this is a great place! I've heard some people complain but when I ask why they don't leave they say that they love it there. It must be pretty good!

The staff are lovely!!

My main concern with this community is that I do not think the staff is qualified for the positions they are in. They do have a lot of staffing turnover. My parents like the food. They offer a lot of activities and the activities director is trying to get them more involved. It is pretty clean, however I think the hallways could be vacuumed more often.

Keep looking

I was ready to move out after two weeks, but I hated the thought of moving. I only managed to stay two months before I decided it was time to leave. Bad food, unpleasant (unhappy) staff, very high turnover (at least 4 servers in one month). Management smiles and says "you're right" then does nothing. Looks nice if you don't look too closely.

Dad is happy here

This location is great. My father is happy in this community. The grounds and the rooms are very clean. He said that the meals are good and he likes them alot. My father is happy with the fact that they will have activities for him to participate. Dad was a little confused on the facility and where things were, but staff was on top of things when needed. He is being taken care of and and dad seems to like it there alot. t

It's a relatively small community. For the amount of time my mom has been there, I've gotten to know most of the staff, and they know me. There hasn't been any turnover yet. We're still relatively new, but right now, this place is working out!

4/30/16

Very satisfied with all the services. The staff is very friendly and responsive.

Keep looking

Mom has been there about two years and has seen continual staff turnover. Managers, cooks, servers, caregivers, housekeepers, so many good people get fed up and quit. Food is fair at best, often out of things. Cleaning has gotten pretty bad as well. Mom is independent and paying a lot for a nice apartment, but poor food, slow service, minimal housekeeping.

Dad is Well

My father is doing fine and we are really pleased with everything that Park Vista has done for us. The community is nice and clean and he has housekeeping for him. We haven't had any bad experiences with the staff they have been good with everything. We are very happy with this community my dad seems happy and doing well here. I would recommend this community for someone to take a look at.

Adequate at best

Beware. Nice building but poorly managed. Food service is adequate at best. Frequently run out of food before end of service. Most "activities" are on the schedule for show, couple of board games left on a table is "game night". Management took away chairs and most of the donated paperback books so "library" is mostly cold and bare. Get everything in writting, managers change every couple months so what one says is ignored by the next.

I Am Very Impressed

They are so personable. It seems like every time something happens, they go out of their way to do the little tiny extra stuff and it is a great help. They have been so exceptional about everything. They are amazing, there is no other around it. I cannot get over how amazing this place is. I am very impressed with them.

They Do Well

I think they do everything pretty well over at Park Vista Retirement. The only complaint I have about the place is that there accounting system and the people who take care of the financial stuff are not top-notch.

I have heard many stories from various places about all the staff turnover in the past few years. Staff stability is something that elders need. I do not recommend this facility for this reason.

I would reccommend this facility.

My mom moved into Park Vista almost 2 weeks ago and we have found the staff to be wonderful. They are friendly, and seem to be sincerely interested in making this enormous adjustment in life style as easy as possible. They have gone out of their way to be obliging to her needs and wants. The only thing that Mom has complained about is that the food is not that good. This too may be a matter of adjustment, but improvement could be made in this area.

This was a beautiful community with all the bells and whistles- many activities and services available. My concern about this was since it is so large a community how long of wait times would there be for my Dad to get the assistance needed for getting up and dressed and help using the restroom etc..

This community has so much to offer. I love that my mom can live here in Retirement and then as she needs more help later on she can move to assisted living and even memory care if needed. I looked at other places that offered this same thing but they have to move to a totally different building and that worried by mom. She loves the staff and I see great care here every time when I visit. The smiles from the staff and the attention that is given to everyone is wonderful. I want to thank everyone there for making this a great place for my mom and her friends that live there.

Poor choice. They have bee...

Poor choice. They have been in non=compliance often.

It's disorganized and everybody quits just as soon as you get used to them.

It's disorganized and everybody quits just as soon as you get used to them. They tried to serve salad to a resident with no teeth. Until they are able to hire decent people here I wouldn't refer people to them. I wouldn't send them here.

I took my 91 year old father to see a...

I took my 91 year old father to see a couple of assisted living facilities in preparation for moving him into one. His preference was for a one bedroom without a balcony. The "apartment" is spacious, less expensive, and more than adequate, although he doesn't understand why he can't bring everything from his 4 bedroom home up there, or why he can't stay in the house he has lived in for 70 years. My sisters and I feel the "open" dining room throughout the day is a great accommodation for his eating routine. As he settles in, we hope he will find some of the activities in which he is willing to participate on a regular basis.

Likes room sizes especially...

Likes room sizes especially mid-sized one bedroom. Open dining room service is also an advantage, as is new woodworking shop. Did not get full info regarding any add-on costs.

First visit. Nice greeting, eager to...

First visit. Nice greeting, eager to please and answer any ?'s. Studios are spacious, full size shower, fridge, bath basin & small kitchenette sink too. Three stories Two "sides" , no speakers/ announcements. No nursing section, no in-house therapists. Free shuttle to area Dr appts. Pea soup with the director, small gift bag! :-)

Park Vista have established a reputation of exceptional service, friendly well-trained staff, excellent food with choice and seasonal variety, and pleasant surroundings, that all come together to make this the right choice for so many. The most rewarding reflection of this has been our overall, 95% customer satisfaction rating. This is a big decision with a lot of details to consider.

We provide choices for either Retirement Living or Assisted Living. We promote physical activity, and social interaction for our residents. Enjoy a beautiful community that our residents are proud to invite their friends and family to visit. Our community’s location is specifically chosen to take advantage of parks, shopping, and other local areas of interest.

<b>Assisted Living: </b> We take pride in respecting the individuality of every resident. Whatever your needs may be, providing a helping hand to assist with those needs while supporting independence within a safe, secure environment is what we do. Our dedicated and caring staff goes above and beyond to make sure residents are respected, happy and content. Customize your suite to reflect your personality and have services tailored to your needs. We offer assisted living based upon five principles: choice, independence, dignity, privacy, and environment. We encourage each resident to define their own personal care needs within each principle. What sets us apart from other communities is passion and devotion to quality senior living.

<b>Retirement Living: </b> We make living well, simple. Enjoy a community that supports an active lifestyle for each and every resident. Experience independence and carefree retirement living through on and off site events and activities to suit everyone’s interests. Select the perfect suite to match your personality. All suites are beautifully designed and can be custom decorated to suit your tastes, plus individually controlled thermostats to suit your comforts. C