Paramount Senior Living of Peters Township - McMurray, PA

Paramount Senior Living of Peters Township - McMurray, PA has yet not published prices.

Everything is going well

I am pleased with the care my mom is getting here, she is joining in the activities and likes going to the special events they hold as well. Mom enjoys going to the dining room and visiting with the other residents. The community is very nice with a courtyard and my mom is doing great here.

Need to put more effort into the dementia area.

All of the nurses that I love have either left in the past couple of months or are retiring in a few months. They are the main reason that I have left my Mother at Paramount. There have been some senior staff changes in the last few months (and they opened the skilled nursing section about the same time) and the place is not as nice as it was when my Mom moved in over a year ago. There are seldom any activities for the residents in the dementia area - they are often short-staffed so most of the staff are merely trying to get the residents fed and to the bathroom. They used to do more crafts, manicures, have monthly entertainment come in, went out to lunch at a restaurant monthly, and had snacks on Saturday afternoons. Now they barely manage bingo. It's depressing to see the residents just sitting in the halls looking at each other, especially when Paramount has raised the rates twice this year and there is no improvement in the level of care to justify the increase. I feel like the dementia residents are treated much differently than the other residents.

This community is head and shoulders above the rest.

The entire staff at this community are friendly and accommodating. They are willing to do anything mom asks and they are happy to help; you never feel like you are putting anyone out when you make a request. The community is only 5 years old and is just beautiful, with pretty carpeting, furniture and art work. The building is in a U-shape with a courtyard with a fountain, and some wild turkeys roaming the adjacent hillside that are fun to watch. The admissions nurse Sandra is very caring, and still speaks to me every time I see her.
The front desk is very efficient, scheduling hair salon and doctor appointments, visitor meals, residents leaving, guests coming & going, and so on. The food is good and they offer a beautiful private dining room without charge, serving their food or you can bring your own. There are daily exercise classes, bingo, ice cream socials and frequent entertainers that come in.
Paramount Peters networks with other local providers (pharmacy, doctors, dentist, podiatrist, etc.) that share their kindly views toward helping the residents. Whatever outside service mom has needed, Paramount is able to help her. Mom is in her second month at Paramount. She, and the family, are very pleased and would highly recommend this community.

Loved this place as well but found one I likely equally as well much closer to home and my work place. I all works out this will be the place, otherwise I will go back to Paramount.