Our Home At Ware's Creek - Bradenton, FL

We already know that Our Home At Ware's Creek is going to be the home for Dad. I really wasn't expecting to find one so quickly, it was like an act of God. Honestly, it feels like home.
Thank you for reaching out to me. A Place For Mom is an incredible service.

Truly a home setting

Our Home At Ware's Creek offered everything we were looking for except location. It was a perfect fit, so perfect in fact, that I would be happy living there. It was just too long a drive to stay in close contact.

Lovely grounds. Buildings are older and in process of needed upgrades. Assisted Living bedrooms are decent size, but Memory Care rooms are tiny and there are no private bathrooms. This doesn't fit the needs of my father at present, but would for a person at an advanced MC stage.

Took tour 6/7. Nice small atmosphere. Liked that higher functioning residents were on a separate floor. My Mom is legally blind so felt it would be difficult for her to navigate. Took off my list.

A very caring place with caring employees

Due to Alzheimer's I had to place my husband for care. My daughter and I found "Our Home" at Ware's Creek and I couldn't be happier with the care and cleanliness of Our Home. They treat my husband just like their own father or grandfather. He is always clean and seems content which is the best I can ask with this tragic disease. Laranne & Jennifer oversee a group of caring employees which truly take excellent care of him.
I had first placed him in a "beautiful" place in Bradenton only to have to move him in 6 months due to lack of care, cleanliness & noise. Finding "Our Home" was a blessing He has been there now for over 2 years. I couldn't be more pleased
I highly recommend Our Home at Ware's Creek.

Wonderful Place

My mother is currently residing at our home at wares creek. I have never seen her so happy. Everyone is so nice to her which is what I really, really wanted for her. The residents receive a lot of attention and care. They are wonderful.

disappointed!

Short after my wife Sally moved into Our Home I wrote a review about this place. Today, I have decided to write a very different review again. That perfect and caring place mentioned in my first review has turned into a less than perfect place.
With the change of owners and a new administration, Our Home today is a very sad example of mismanagement and economic irresponsibility. The lack of resources and attention to basic needs is more than obvious. I could not recall the number of times I had to go and buy such essential things as milk, butter, coffee, pizza, toilet paper, sugar, etc. because the place was out of them. I heard that vendors will not deliver goods any longer without cash up front.
It should looks to me like the place is going bankrupt. After Sally passed away on April 12th, I was supposed to have gotten a refund for the remaining days in April (her room was cleared the following morning by 10.00 am) Today, June 25, 2015, I am still waiting for that refund. I have repeatedly tried to get an explanation for the delay without any success. The check is on the mail is always the same litany.
The workers are underpaid and overworked and they still don’t have any form of health insurance or other benefits to my knowledge. This lack of liquidity results, of course, in a lower standard of living for the residents.
Please be careful before you choose a place for your loved one and also make sure that this place does not owe you any money at any time.

Sherry claimed that about all she did was sit most of the
time and didn't do any activities. I was not able to see if
all she claimed happened and can't be sure because of
her alzheimer;s but I know that Laranne and Donna were
very helpful when I was there. Anyway I was satisfied with
everyone I met there and was glad to have them help us
out at the time.

Caring and attentive staff is far better than luxury features

My siblings and I moved our mother here after a nightmare experience at one of the large chain facilities. After more than a year, we continue to feel lucky to have found Ware's Creek. As of this writing, the facility has completed a significant remodeling and has changed ownership and management while there were few residents. Now things have settled down, the staff seems stable, and my siblings and I are more than satisfied with the responsiveness of the house manager and staff. I often visit at very odd hours and have observed all shifts at work. For a small facility, I think they do a very good job and the staff knows the patients much better than is possible in a large institutional setting. Meals are home cooked, the nursing is consistently attentive, the maintenance is good for an older building, and it is a quiet setting, although very close to a busy downtown Bradenton street, but very convenient to me.

Why I chose Our Home

I moved my husband there about 6 months ago. It is so peaceful and more like our own home than I had experienced before. He had been an author before Alzheimer's stole his mind and our home during the day was quiet as he worked at his computer.
'Our Home' has 2 floors and they segregate those that are more functional from those suffering late stages of Alzheimer's seems to work to keep the 'home' more like home and quiet. The living room is a nice place to sit and read.
The meals are done well, he's enjoying them, they look good and they're done with out a lot of fuss. All of that has let him calm down and reduced his agitation due to extra noises at the first memory care residence where I had moved him.