Otterbein Retirement Living Community - Lebanon, OH

Love Otterbein!

My family is so pleased with the choice of Otterbein Center for our 92 year old mother. She loves it there! She feels safe and loved. I only wish we had made the decision of moving her there years ago.

Love Otterbein!

No one was there. We drove around the community and we liked the outside of the patio homes and ranches, but do not have any additional information. The inside of the area where the nursing/assisted living had odors. A few staff around that were friendly enough; we saw very few residents.

Options for care

We toured this community for care. We did not like the room would have been on a higher level. They did not have the care that was needed for my mom.The staff were nice and answered the questions. We wanted another lever of care for mom. We would recommend that others tour the community for the options of care that are available.

My new home

I am very happy that I moved into this community for care. I like that they are keeping the environment clean and offer a lot of activities. they offer me healthy meals and the staff are willing to be very helpful to my needs. I would recommend others to this community for care.

So far feels the least like a nursing home. No move in scheduled yet. With the "rule" plan seems to be the best deal financially too. Have your own washer and dryer.

Very nice. Prices seem doable for mom & dad

Took a while for someone to return my call. They have no 1 bedroom apartments for Assisted Living, they are all studio style.

I have already recommended this community

Mom likes the availability of everything on site. They have a large dining room, country store and a bank. The independent accommodations are wonderful and the maintenance is quick to respond. They have a large variety of activities. Mom's apartment is beautiful and the memory care unit staff are fantastic. The entire staff is positive and upbeat. The nurses take good care of my parents. They kept all their promises and the value is better than at any other community we looked at.

Sorry Aid

There is a aid on nights on Newcomers Hall that is very round and heavy ([Removed]) is her name I think, She talks to the residents like [Removed], I was in there friday night 4-07-17 and she was screaming at a resident awful. She has been reported a number of times and they just don't care. Half of the time my mother n law never had an aid. You are better off putting your family some where else.

Samantha Burnett

Thank you for your feedback. The care and quality of life of our residents is of up most importance. Your feedback has been shared with our administrator and will be addressed.

Outstanding Care

I really like this community. the staff are nice and treat you with respect and kindness. The attitude here is very positive and cheerful. I like that They serve really good meals. They have excellent activities for everyone. they have everything you could need. They had a great dance on New year's eve that everyone really enjoyed. I highly recommend this for great care and a great value to other families.

happy place

They have a patio home and they come in and clean their home. Haven't had any complaints regarding that. They seem to be very happy here. Everything was fine until last week, when they were provided with a golf cart to move around. Anyone that has a patio home will get a golf cart to move around. It did not want to stop when they were in it. Other than that, no complaints.

Bed bugs

BED BUGS........
the staff confirmed it was our room, but didn't come treat it for three days...

They will let you go with sponge bathes for weeks. Hygiene is not a priority here.

The kind of place I would go if I were looking for me.

I can not say enough about Otterbein Retirement Living Community. Plenty of trips and activities. My parents are not quite ready to move yet, but I will definitely consider this community when the time comes. If I were looking for this kind of home for me I would definitely move here.

Review of Otterbein Retirement Living Community Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Lebanon, OH

I was very impressed by the Otterbein tour. I have a lot of information to give to my parents about this community.

Very impressed with patio h...

Very impressed with patio homes and ranch houses. Utilities (except phone and internet) included. Location is the only downside. There is another blind individual living at Otterbein, so the staff have already solved many of the issues my husband would have adjusting to the campus.

Nice place, and good follow-up

This was a very nice looking community. It was attractive, clean, and the staff seemed very friendly. It was also recommended to us by a friend. Unfortunately it was a bit too far to be an option we could consider.
Even though we didn't end up selecting this community they've been very friendly and good with follow-up, staying in touch, sending a card over the holidays, etc.

Exemplary Staff

Otterbein is a really nice community and the staff has been great. The staff has really just been exemplary. A key factor when choosing Otterbein was the location, it is convenient located for our family so that really made a difference. The quality and amenities they offer are also very good. We are pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

A possibility. Being A not -for-prof...

A possibility. Being A not -for-profit, it's close to where I want to be.

Our tour went well everyone there is ...

Our tour went well everyone there is so kind....and gives a big warm feeling....high consideration

Otterbein Lebanon is located on 1200 acres between Dayton and Cincinnati on SR 741. Enjoy historic downtown Lebanon, famous for its Golden Lamb restaurant and antique shops. Theatre, shopping, sporting events, parks and more are all conveniently located within a 30-minute drive.

Otterbein offers a variety of living options. Neighborhood living in ranch homes, patio homes and apartments, assisted living in cozy suites and transitional care for rehabilitation and health services depending on desires and needs. For independent living residents seeking an active lifestyle, it's nirvana, with an entrance to Warren County Park and it 18-hole golf course, a 110-acre lake, and walking paths. On campus, there's shuffle board, bocce ball, and a brand new life enrichment center with pool, gym, reading room, and activity rooms. When the day is done, an apartment, cottage, or ranch-style house beckons. Adult day services are also available.

As a not-for-profit organization, Otterbein has earned a solid reputation as a trusted and valuable resource in the community. Established in 1912, Otterbein enjoys a rich heritage and dedication to quality services. In keeping with its United Methodist tradition, Otterbein seeks to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons. Visit Otterbein and see why Life is About Living.