The Woodlands of Middletown - Middletown, OH

visitor

a nice place , however the front desk girl is very rude and [Removed], understaffed, needs more discipline and better-trained personnel

Care and options

We toured this community. We did like the staff who were friendly. The community was being remodeled. The menu was nice and activities are offered. This community did not have the feeling that I wanted for my mom.We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very attentive

My wife seems to be settling in here at The Woodlands of Middletown. It is a clean and well-kept community. I chose this community because it looked more spacious and was not so confining as some of the other we visited. The food is good, I have dined with my wife here on occasion and enjoyed the meals provided. They offer activities that they try to engage the residents to participate in. The staff is excellent and they are very attentive to the needs of the residents. They do have a small area in the memory care unit that has an area outside where residents with an aide escorting them can enjoy the greenery. I would also like to acknowledge A Place For Mom's senior advisor [Removed] for all of her help, even sending me information late into the night when I had to hurry and complete the paperwork to get my wife moved in.

It looks good

This community does require a thirty day notice if you are going to leave. They offer two areas for memory care. One is for early stages and the other is for the final stages. The second one is a locked area. They did try to offer some activities and the community is kept clean.

Pleasant Experience

My mother is doing well here at this community. She is receiving good care, and I'am pleased. The community is well maintained, everything looks good. It has been pleasant experience for us at this facility.

Thankful mom is here

They welcomed mom into this community in an organized friendly manor. She was able to bring her dog which helped with the seamless transition. They offer twenty four hour nursing care and the communication between the shifts is wonderful. The management and sales department are connected and on the same page. The staff are caring, supportive, attentive and it feels like a family. The community is clean and beautiful. Mom like the food and they offer a variety of activities. This community is close to the hospital, in a beautiful neighborhood and I would recommend it.

It Doesn't Seem Like A Great Fit

My husband is not doing very good here. The care is not the best with how he is doing. The cost is more than I thought and there has not been much help financially. he just wants to go home. They have activities for participation and he has tried a few but still is not comfortable here.

A friendly tour for care

We were not happy with this community. We did not see the other residents being a active by the staff. The staff was nice and friendly. This community did not seem clean and I noticed a odor. I had recommended that the community have a different way of cleaning. They appeared to have a good menu for the residents.I would suggest that other families see if this might be a good environment for the care of a family member.

Variety of Activities !!

This community offers a large variety of activities including different board games, bingo , and off campus field trips. The staff have made my loved ones living arrangements very convenient. They put her in a room right next to the lobby and dinning hall since she cannot walk to well. I am very pleased with this facility and would recommend it to anyone.

The food smelled good!

The staff that conducted our tour of The Woodlands was nice. They are in the middle of remodeling but the community was clean. They offered various activities for the residents.

I would recommend The Woodlands!!

My wife has been at this community for about a month and so far things are going fine. The staff are friendly, nice and helpful. She likes the food and they offer a good variety. The community is clean. She does also enjoy participating in many of the activities.

See it for Yourself!

They are just starting a huge remodel project which is going to be great for the people who live there. The care is amazing, this is a very small place which gives them the ability to offer very individualized care. You can go from almost independent to hospice care. The food is great and there ARE options if you don't like the daily feature. The kitchen is very flexible. Management is helpful and go out of their way to make sure we are happy.

Very poor experience

Our experience with The Woodlands has not been a good one, and it is not somewhere I would recommend to other families.

This place was very clean and friendly

My husband toured The Woodlands of Middletown, and he liked it, even though there was renovations going on at the time its very clean and friendly. We did not ultimately go with this facility due to other circumstances but it was nice.

overall a good experience

The Woodlands of Middletown was overall a good experience. The facility is really clean. The staff are very friendly. I know they offered a lot of activities but the patient did not participate in them. I cant find anything specific to complain about here.

Overall I am pleased

I wish the staff would check on mom a little more often at The Woodlands of Middletown. They aren't quite as consistent as I would like to see them being. Some staff on the first shift will be better and then you get new staff coming in that aren't quite as thorough. They do offer a pretty good amount of activities there however I would like to see more offered on the weekends. Overall I am pleased with this facility.

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with The Woodlands of Middletown has been a good one! The facility itself isn't quite as new and fancy looking as some others we have seen in the area, but the care and services they provide here are incredible! Everyone on the staff is friendly and professional, and they have so much to offer the people that live here. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area!

I think its great.

My aunt lives there and I think she is okay with it. I am no where near to this location, but I have spoken to some of the employees there and I think they are really friendly.

BLESSED BY THE WOODLANDS

Love The Woodlands of Middletown. This is the perfect place for my loved one. The staff is fantastic, very open and friendly. I love the setting of the Woodlands in a family friendly neighborhood. The apartments are roomy and accommodating. There is a daycare across the street and the children come to The Woodlands for Halloween in costumes and also at Christmas to sing songs. There is music every week, Devotions daily, and other weekly activities. The facility itself is immaculate and cheery. My loved one likes the food and the staff. There is a nice smoking area with rocking chairs and heaters and is partially enclosed. The staff checks on residents every two hours 24 hrs/day. Feeling very blessed we found The Woodlands.

DON'T LIVE HERE. HIRE SOMEONE TO COME TO YOUR HOME JUST AS EXPENSIVE

DO NOT MOVE HERE. THERE IS ONLY ONE HOUSE DOCTOR WHO COMES THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH A FOOY DOCTOR COMES EVERY 9 WEEKS. THE ONLY ACTIVITIES ARE BINDO AND WATCHING MOVIES AND WHEEL OF FORTUNE OR FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL
THE MENU IS AWFUL AND IF YOU DON'T EAT WHAT THEY HAVE TOO BAD THEY DO NOT CATER TO DIABETICS AND OTHERDIET ISSUES SINCE THRY ARE AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY,KE EP SNACKS IN YOUR ROOM KITCHEN NOT AVAILABLE AFTER 7 p.m. THE KITCHEN MANAGER LOOKS LIKE SHE JUST ROLLED OUT OF BED THEY WILL TRANSPORT YOU TO WHATEVER PLACE YOU NEED TO GO IF WITHIN 5 MILES OF HERE
YOU PAY ACCORDING TO YOUR LEVEL OF CARE AS WELL AS THE RENTTHERE ARE 6 LEVELS AND IT CAN BE AS HIGH AS 300 DOLLARS ON TOP OF TTHE RENT
MY ADVISE TO YOU IS LOOK ELSEWHERE. THE EMPLOYEES ARE FINE, NANAGEMEBT BEEDS IMPROVEMENT OR RELACED

No warm fuzzies

I went in there was no one to show me around, the location is where the old hospital was torn down, in old neighborhood, I didn't get warm fuzzies, a janitor showed me a room. I was very early and had not made an appt, so I don't fault them for that.

Unsure of care services

Room sizes were satisfactory, only exposed to Bingo and Movies, two-story and there was an elevator, difficult top maneuver

The residents that I saw in...

The residents that I saw in the Assisted Living seemed happy and smiling! The facility itself had a couple of issues. Although it seemed as clean as the others I visited, I saw two 'Out of Order' signs during the tour (one on a facet in the physical/occupation therapy room; the second on a paper towel dispenser next to a sink). It also seemed in the Memory Care Unit that some of the residents were helping each other during lunch...not enough aides? The unit itself was pleasant and homey. I just did not feel a bond with The Woodlands at all compared to the other two facilities I visited.

Very impressed with the sta...

Very impressed with the staff, living quarters and overall condition of the building. Cost is reasonable. Close to home. I believe I will look at other places just for comparison. If other homes are comparable I would choose this one just because of the surrounding neighborhood. Love it.

All of the nice places are expensive,...

All of the nice places are expensive, and this is a nice place, so it's up there. However, there is 24 hour care, so the value is good. My loved one's room is always clean, and their clothes are always clean. My loved one is eating well, and sleeping well, so we really can't see any negetive aspects. Our loved one is in good hands here, and is enjoying the other residents' company.

Woodlands of Middletown - a great option/choice

The best thing about Woodlands of Middletown is the staff, from the Director of Marketing (Paula) to the folks who clean the rooms, they are consistently up beat, courteous, helpful and most of all attentive to my mother.

My mom seems to like The Woodlands. T...

My mom seems to like The Woodlands. They have been very helpful in giving us contact information for expediting getting help from the VA for mom. They've helped mom get acquainted with other residents. They've made a special effort to let her know of things going on so that she can join in. We are happy with all their efforts.

This is the Place

The entire staff here has been very helpful and accommodating. Of course everyone is very nice. I love how this building sits in a residential neighborhood, is very quiet, yet convenient. The tower is such a bright spot. I love the outdoor area that's so accessible to the tenants. I love the ease of entry to the memory care unit. My Mother's apartment is spacious and nice. The common areas are nice as well. I think my Mom will be comfortable here. I know I am. The cost was just about what I expected. If you don't see a 5 star rating on a category, it's because I will need more time to assess those areas.

We really liked the facility, especia...

We really liked the facility, especially the Alzheimer's unit. We liked the Dutch doors and the activities designed for the seniors. We could see my mom enjoying these things. The staff was friendly and the Director was very welcoming. We may very well pursue this placement.

Liked the place very much, although i...

Liked the place very much, although it seemed a bit dark. Staff was great. Price was good.

Is Private Pay only.

Is Private Pay only.

Surround yourself in a warm, intimate environment at The Woodlands of Middletown. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Middletown, OH, features thoughtfully designed floor plans and convenient services so residents have the freedom to live a vibrant lifestyle without the typical day-to-day worries. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Imagine an apartment home with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. That’s what you get from The Woodlands of Middletown with three restaurant-style meals served daily, available housekeeping and laundry services and on-site maintenance. Residents can make new friends while doing arts and crafts or playing card or board games in the activity center. The Woodlands campus provides residents with resort-style living, and all of the daily chores are attended to by staff members.The facility's selection of spacious, light-filled floor plans offer en-suite bathrooms, and the comfortable studio, one-bedroom and companion suite apartment homes feature security call buttons, wall-to-wall carpet, mini blinds, and complimentary cable television. Our community is right around the corner from the senior center and offers an array of casual and upscale restaurants that are all within reach. Just like the city itself, our community has a bright past with an even brighter future.