Orchard Park of Permian Basin - Odessa, TX

Really state of the art

The staff was very friendly. The aids are probably not paid as much as they should be and I think there are some turnover issues but they were extremely friendly and very easy to work with. They always greeted me and knew who I was. In fact, I don’t know how many times while I was there at lunch or dinner that they would ask if they could get a plate for me at no extra charge. The food was extremely good and there was plenty of it. I think if I were the one doing it, I wouldn’t have served as much but there were plenty of options as to how the food was served depending on the residents’ individual needs. The facility itself was kept very clean. They had a man with a guitar come in and sing, someone would come in to play the piano, and they provided a calendar each month with all of the different activities available so there was always something going on. Overall, it was a good experience.

friendly experience!!

I have no complaints about the experience I had at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. It was just no the right fit in the end decision.

Not the same place we started at

The staff at this community are excellent. The residents, however do not seem to communicate much with each other. The food seemed to be ok and they do take good care of the community. Things were great the first year we were there, unfortunately they have had some staffing changes and things declined. They have hired some new staff so we are hoping things will improve.

Not very organized!!

I am not very pleased with my experience with this community and the staff that work there. I had spoke with a lady who gave us the tour who had promised us things on two different occasions and failed to follow through. I just thought if they where already breaking promises now how would they work if my wife actually made the move in there. I was not happy or impressed with there work ethic and would not recommend them.

Very unimpressive

We put my dad in this facility around a year ago. Upon arriving we were very very impressed from the look of things. It is a very beautiful environment and very inviting. The staff were very friendly. Unfortunately that is all that is good about this place. There are no nurses or doctors on staff. The residents are also not watched carefully as some of them require this. We ended up moving him to a different facility. And for me having nursing experience in the past I have been totally against nursing homes but it ended up being a nursing home where he went. Still not sure if I'm a big fan of nursing homes but this one has changed my outlook. Orchard Park is a pretty place but your love ones don't need a pretty place they need good care.
Also when we get ready to move him he had nothing that he started with they had messed up his furniture that was there that even lost his glasses and his dentures. I would not recommend putting your loved one here.

Mother's Excellent Care

I am very happy with this community. My mom is doing good. The staff is wonderful at all times. My mom is happy with the meals that are being served. They are offering her a lot great activities that she in being involved in. You can see that this community is great because of the other residents. always seem so happy here. I highly recommend this community for other families who want a loved one to get excellent care and the great value.

Terrible Place!!

While my father was at the Orchard, they wouldn't change him. If he was asleep they wouldn't wake him up to feed him. The way they treated the residents is why so many of them had fallen and passed away. We wound not recommend this place to anyone! Also, while my father was there, a lot of his things were getting stolen and we never got them back.

When My Daughter Took A Visit

From what my daughter tell me they run a great program. Nothing was wrong and she enjoyed the visit with everybody. They treated her very well. She got to look at the room and take pictures. The location is the main reason we did not pick, it was not as close to our family.

Excellent Care

The community here is outstanding. The staff is helpful and caring. The food is wonderful. The activities are very helpful to stay active. I highly recommend this for other families for great care.

Very nice, new, and clean. Very knowledgeable marketing director. When I checked them out on social media, ALL my friends (except one) said emphatically DO NOT put your mother there!

Nice Nurses

My wife has been doing well and adjusting good with her move into Orchard Park. The community is very clean and nice looking my wife has a room of her own with her own bathroom and the room is nice and big. All the nurses and staff around here are always smiling and very kind to me and her. The food is good she enjoys the breakfast. Overall it has been a great experience for us and I would recommend this community.

Really, A Good Facility

The care is great, I just think they are understaffed. I don't know anything they can improve on. The man who took me on the tour was a super nice guy and very knowledgeable and friendly, so I was impressed by that. Everything they told me about it was true, and it was a good facility.

We were disappointed

We had a bad experience at this facility. My loved one fell from the bed. He was in a coma. They mixed up his laundry. They had him wearing someone else's clothes. They only cleaned the room once a week. They did not ever bathe him. They didn't use any of the towels. The nurses were very nice. We were over charged. We were very disappointed. I can't believe they didn't give him a sponge bath. I wouldn't recommend.

Very nice facility. Mitchell and other staff were very cordial and welcoming.

I am pleased with their efforts so far.

Management is very efficient about communicating with us. The community is clean and the staff is very friendly. They were initially understaffed, and we were in memory care. They were good with general care, but memory care could use some specific training with. They were very attentive to our concerns and willing to make the improvements, and already seem to be. Everyone there was wearing multiple hats, until they could get properly staffed, and the activities director was stretched really thin. They have handled unique challenges in a remarkable fashion, they are great at emergency response. They had a flood during a really bad rainstorm and they handled it remarkably well.

Very good!

I think they’re very good! They keep it very neat and clean. They’ve had some concerns with leaks and things, but I’m not sure that’s their thing. IT’s been a fairly easy transition for my loved one. I’ve eaten a there a couple of times and the food is very good. They have a patio area for residents to enjoy. There is plenty of parking.

Very pleased with Orchard Park of Odessa

The staff in the Orchard Park Memory Care section are wonderful with my mother. She feels very comfortable there which is important to adding stability in the life of an individual with moderate dementia. The food is very good and the rooms are large. They have numerous activities geared to help those with dementia. They also hold family events on a regular basis. I have never come to visit that she wasn't clean. Her room and bathroom is always clean when I visit. If there is a problem, as soon as you tell them they are very quick to correct it.

Working out some bugs

Actually, they aids they have there are the ones that do the cleaning and personally, I think they should have a cleaning service. We're in a town that's booming economically so it's hard to find people to work.
It's a new facility, so it's very nice because it's new and it's not a full nursing home. It's assisted living and our situation is an Alzheimer's situation so they're in the memory care part and even the memory care is not full nrusing so they serve the purpose that they're there for. They're pretty reasonably priced in comparison to other places. They are a new facility so they're trying to staff and things like that that come with being new, they're trying to work out the bugs.

Too new

The rooms were a little smaller than emeritus. This had only been open since may so there are very few residents there and its further out, my mother was afraid no one would drop by and see her. We tried the food there and the meal we had was good.

At Orchard Park of Odessa, revolutionary care combines state-of-the-art support services and wellness programs, superior amenities and a gracious family atmosphere for unparalleled peace of mind. Situated at the corner of Highway 191 and Faudree Road on Dr. Emmitt Headlee St. behind the MCH Wellness Center.

Orchard Park serves residents in both assisted living and memory care (Alzheimer’s) in spacious private apartments and suites; plus residents have access to a wide variety of first-class services and amenities. Orchard Park also offers companion living suites at the lowest monthly rate offered in Odessa/Midland.
Orchard Park features three interior landscaped courtyards, private dining amenities, special events venue, fitness and wellness areas, therapy rooms and a spa/salon. Additional services include transportation, wellness programs, weekly linen and housekeeping services and assistance with activities of daily living.

Assisted Living provides a little extra help with daily activities and includes respite, or short-term stay, accommodations.

Memory Support is available for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia in a secured setting and offers a beautifully landscaped interior courtyard.