Oakwood Senior Living - Knoxville, TN

Oakwood Senior Living - Knoxville, TN has yet not published prices.

Very nice new facility. Used to be a school so they have nice high ceilings. This is an all-inclusive with video camera's outside and inside (very important) If you're interested in studio units only this is a "Must Visit" facility.

We DEF made the right choice

We moved our mom here last year. She VERY MUCH wanted to remain in our home but we felt she could no longer be left alone. SHE LOVES OAKWOOD. She's eating better, seems healthier. It was the right choice and the RIGHT PLACE for her. The staff really do care about the residents.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that your mom is so happy! We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations!

Charming, lovely old building that has been converted into a comfortable facility. Its nice that the rate is all inclusive and does not fluctuate with level of care, so you know what you are dealing with.Reasonable rates. Clean and beautifully appointed. Suites a a bit small, no 2 bedroom available but they were willing to convert 2 1 bedrooms into a 2 with a door in between. I took off one star because they have set dining times, not so flexible.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review our charming community. We are glad that you noticed our reasonable all-inclusive pricing and how well maintained our community is. We are glad that you visited and would love to help you!

No complaints!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff have been wonderful and I am comfortable with the quality of care he has been receiving. He has had no issues with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that you are happy with our lovely community. We are honored that you chose us to take care of your loved on. Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work hard to make you and your family happy!

Care for mom

We toured this community for a certain type of care for my mom. We liked the environment and the good staff that was able to assist us. The community was clean and the staff was very nice and able to answer the questions that we had. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one depending on the care needs

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for coming to tour Oakwood. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience. We take a lot of pride in making sure our community is clean and beautiful for our residents. We would love the chance to take care of your mother.

My Experience with Oakwood Senior Living in Knoxville

Professional, kind staff offering real workable solutions to assisted living challenges. Large resident rooms, clean facility in a beautifully restored school house. Nursing staff knowledgeable and compassionate.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood. We are extremely proud of our wonderful community and glad that you came to visit!

Very Nice Large Community

This is a very nice community, and I would even move here myself. The room they showed us was very nice, it was very large. The community looked great, they have very high nice ceilings. This is a large community, and with my mother mobile restrictions, I didn't feel this was the right fit for my mother.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you so much for coming to visit our beautiful Oakwood community. We are very proud of our homey atmosphere and I promise, your mother would be happy here.

I took a tour!

When I was searching for a place for my friend, I toured Oakwood Senior Living. They took me around the kitchen area, hallways, in common areas and everything seemed pretty clean. The person that took me around was friendly and helpful, but it was not what we were looking for.

A Fancy and Nice Place

They were on time for our apartment and gave a good tour of the community. It was very nice, fancy, and pretty. It was not what my cousin was looking for, she wanted a place like home.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for visiting Oakwood Senior Living. We assure you that our residents and staff will make your cousin feel right at home here!

Care for mom

I like the care from this community for my mom. The staff are great and the community is clean, They have a nice variety of the meals that are served to my mom. We would recommend this commuity for the care and the value of a love one.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that you are pleased with our community. It is an honor to have your mom as one of our residents and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations!

Not the best area...

The Oakwood Senior Living is a converted school. I used to go to church in that neighborhood and I was not a fan of the area. The inside was beautiful, though. They had a lot of activities available and were fully staffed. It would be a great choice for someone but it was not what we were looking for.

Beautiful place!

This place was absolutely beautiful. The staff was great and they answered all of our questions. My only reservation was that it was brand new, did not have full staff and that they did not have a lot of residents. Also dad did not like the building.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate any feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our service to our residents, families, employees, and the community. We hope you will visit again, as our community family has grown and we would love to share our home with you and your father.

My Mother in Law Likes It Here, We Are Pleased

My mother is doing very well here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and she likes it. We know she is safe and in good hands here. They have good staff, and they have been helpful and courteous. I would say they need more aids to help out around the community. They do have nice activities daily for the residents. She isn't very pleased with the food, there is some room for improvements with the meals. Overall she is being cared for well here. I would recommend this place.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood Senior Living. We are so glad that your Mother in law is adjusting and most importantly that you feel she is safe and in good hands. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will look into your concerns, as we want to ensure our residents our happy. Thank you for allowing us the privilege to make Oakwood Senior Living her home away from home.

Very Pleased With All They Have Done for Us

Overall this is a very good community, everything is working out pretty well. My father is doing well, and he seems to have adjusted well to it. The staff have been great, they are caring for him well. He is safe and in good hands here. I'am comfortable with the care he is getting. This is a nice community.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood Senior Living. We are so glad to hear that your Father is adjusting, and we are honored that you choose us to be his home away from home.

Wonderful residence.

Oakwood is new, fresh, and beautifully designed. It has wide hallways to facilitate two wheelchairs side-by-side. The resident rooms are large, have tall ceilings, and plenty of windows to bring in light.

As you would expect, the bathrooms are spacious with nice vanities and tiled showers.

The food is well prepared and appetizing. The dining rooms are elegant and spacious for wheelchair access in addition to regular seating.

But best of all, the staff is caring and attentive. They are genuinely concerned about the welfare of their residents.

Beautiful Community

I am very impressed with this community and everything they have done from my mother and I.It is a beautiful community and everything is nice and clean. This community can accommodate your loved one's care from assisted living to memory care. She has adjusted pretty well to this community. They do offer great activities for the residents. The food is excellent, her friends that have come to visit her are very impressed by the food. I would highly recommend this community.

Excellent Community

This is an excellent community and we couldn't be happier with all they have done for us. This is a brand new facility so everything is new and very clean. The staff is excellent, they are very attentive and helpful when we need them. They are great with communicating any problems with me. My brother now more social and making new friends with the move to this community. He loves the food and the meals are excellent. The price and location and the amazing care. You get the reason why I would recommend this community.

Going well so far

Overall our experience with Oakwood Senior Living has been a good one. My loved one has settled in well and seem to be enjoying herself!

pleased with the personnel

I like that Oakwood Senior Living reused an old building. I'm all about up-cycling and recycling. It's got nice tall windows and ceilings, and wide hallways. It is easy to move around in as she is using a walker. They do not have any call buttons yet. I understand that they have ordered some that they can wear around their necks. I am wondering what's the hold up because they haven't gotten them in yet. My mother is getting tired of the food. It is a little bland. It could definitely be improved on. They may make changes as they get at full occupancy. I don't want to be too critical I am pleased with the personnel there. They are really nice to my mother. They encourage her to go eat and get out of her room. l of them because I know it's in the beginning stages. I am satisfied overall and have already made some recommendations to them.