Oakmont Healthcare And Rehabilitation Center Of Katy - Katy, TX

Oakmont Healthcare And Rehabilitation Center Of Katy - Katy, TX has yet not published prices.

NO MEDICAL ATTENTION

My mother died because of lack of medical attention at this facility. My mother was given Mylanta for her heart attack for 4 days. It was documented in her patient records that she complained of extreme chest pains, but the nurse failed to call for an ambulance. The hospital is only 10 minutes from this facility. I gave instructions to the staff at Oakmont to take her to the hospital but they did not do so. By the time my mother was not responsive they finally called for an ambulance and transported her to the hospital who immediately put her on life support. The 5 heart surgeons at Katy Memorial hospital diagnosed her condition as hopeless because of the time delay (4 days) in getting her professional care. I contacted Diversicare about my outrage but there has been absolutely no response.

Never would have made it without God and Oakmont of Katy

I loved Oakmont of Katy. My Mother was here and the staff was amazing. Now every place have its ups and downs and that's because no one is perfect,but the staff treated my mother and family like ROYALTY. I would recommend OAKMONT OF KATY to anyone.

Oakmont loved my Mother and me too

My Mother was at Oakmont for 9 years before her passing this April. The love and care received at Oakmont was a true godsend. No nursing home will be perfect because it is staffed by human beings but anytime I had concerns they were addressed, discussed and solutions worked out. Many of the staff have been there for 10 years and some even more. That is very unusual. The one piece of advice I can give someone looking for a place for their love one is don't think a facility is top notch just because it is new and shiny. Talk to staff as well as family members of residents if possible.

HORRIBLE!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!! LIES!!!!! LIES!!!! LIES

BEWARE!!!!!! DON'T BE DECEIVED!!!
This place is absolutely horrible!!! It is not a healthcare facility and definitely not a rehabilitation center. IT IS A RIP OFF. The residents are seriously [removed] and the food for them is a joke. They are fed 3 meals a day but at least one of those meals will be something undesirable and inappropriate for senior residents to eat. Everyone always eats the same thing. There are no dietary meals. They are fed canned food very often as well as cold food. They don't offer meal choices. They eat what is given to them or nothing at all until the next meal time. Residents fall often with no nursing staff in sight. Anybody can walk right in the building past the front desk staff without being acknowledged or without having to sign in for visitation. No one ever says not one word. They say don't hello or ask you if you are there to visit someone. The call bells to the nurses are another joke because they respond when they feel like it, if at all. I was extremely disappointed with everything about this facility. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The name of this place is a lie and obviously meant as a lure to deceive residents and [removed] them blind. Please run, don't walk!!! Away from this place!!!!!

Not the place to take your loved one

If you have a loved one, please consider another facility. This facility does not care for the people. Many of the staff sit and listen to people beg to be taken to the bathroom or to their room. My mother was sick for days before they notified me. When I rushed over, I found that she had pneumonia, a bladder infection and was dehydrated. Her disposable diaper was not changed often enough and she had a rash. She died four days later. The one thing I can say in a positive note is that I never saw or heard anyone being verbally abusive.

By far a even a good facility

Rude management and aides, not offering assistance on where to go or who to speak to, do not provide nursing staff that I would want to take care of my family member

It feels like with the change in leadership, the resources have changed

They have gone through a management change and there has been a high turnover in staff. I have noticed a drop in the quality of care. It feels like with the change in leadership, the resources have changed and they are doing what they can with what they have. I also feel like there isn't enough staff. Their online reviews with the state went from a five to a two, but I would give them a little more than that. Their physical therapy has been renovated and they are getting a lot of rehab patients. The head of nursing, and the head of dietary have been fabulous. When she got sick they were trying so hard to work with her on timing of her medication and the foods that she can have. They do try, they have happy hours and socials, and church services a couple of times a week. I can be there to keep an eye on things but it's important for the staff to stabilize.

At Oakmont Healthcare and Rehab Center of Katy, our goal is to meet the unique needs of each patient and resident. We treat everyone with dignity, respect and compassion, while providing the best care possible.