Oak Park Place Wauwatosa - Wauwatosa, WI

Nice place to place your loved ones.

I toured this facility it was very nice also a lovely place to place your loved ones. The staff are very helpful and professional I give this place 5 stars.

Bad Neighborhood Nearby

We toured here, and thought that the community itself was nice. However, the neighborhood nearby is not good. The residents windows overlook the town dump and the police station, which just didn't seem very comfortable to us.

toured thursday, 9/14 at 9:30 a.m. nice facility. [Removed] very helpful and informative.

No availability

I was given a very nice tour here, the staff were very friendly and took their time showing me around and they answered all my questions. The community was very nice, spacious and clean and offered nice amenities for the residents. At the time of my tour, they did not have any availability.

A good tour

This community looked clean when we visited. They do not offer transportation. They did have nice size rooms. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the floor plan and thought they had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

Management staff was well informed and tried hard to meet our needs. However, the care staff did not appear to be as conscientious. We identified my wife as an extreme fall risk from the very beginning. During the short time she was there, she had five falls. In the case of the last fall, she was allowed by a care staff to wander into a vacant room while she was in an aggitated state and she fell, resulting in a laceration on the back of her head and a concussion, which resulted in a six day hospitalization and three weeks in a rehabilitation center.

I toured this community for my parents, and their needs. All

Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my parents, and their needs. All went well, everyone was very kind. The community looked nice, and well-kept from what I saw. The staff I came across was friendly, and nice. The experience was a nice one. My tour of this community went well.

Not what I expected..

When I toured the Oak Park Place, I wanted to like it. It's close by to my home. When I got there, the person that was supposed to give me the tour was not there, so another person took me and it was not their job. I was not comfortable with choosing this place for my mother.

Very nice, however we need two bedrooms and would want to have our little dog with us.

A good tour.

The community seemed clean when we visited. The staff at this community seemed nice. I would have chosen this community if it was in a better location for us. They allow cats at this community.

More of an Independent Living!!

There are very few activities offered to the residents it would be nice if they could add more. The meals are good and the environment is gorgeous. I really like that the director is attentive and very professional. The layout of the community is more suited for someone who is more independent. The interaction of the staff is very limited to the residents. The cleanliness of the place is exceptional.

Did not meet expetations.

Overpriced and continues to go up every year due to what they stated as not a competitive price. Actually overpaid for services not received or received poorly. No fault of the employees. Just no housekeeping staff per se. Apartment floors and rooms extremely dusty-1/2 " thick dust on floor in bathroom and shower. Toilets not cleaned. Rugs need cleaning. Laundry gets mixed up with other residents. Mother got other people's clothing after laundry service. Food atrocious--unappetizing. Not only looks unappealing but tastes old, dry, and like mush. Mostly carbohydrates served--little protein. Not a good or balanced diet. Dietary department needs to be headed by someone qualified and who CARES. New director does not return phone calls and listens to complaints without caring through on results--having no solutions to the problems. Very disappointed in the facilities. Family and patient is at a disadvantage since resident is acclimated to the facility and would be uncomfortable in going to another place. That is what OPP Management counts on. This is only a money making scheme for them. This saddens me. Very disappointing. The new director is clueless and not qualified to accept the challenges and changes OPP needs to make to make it a first rate assisted care living facility. Housekeeping duties and dietary offerings are poor. Laundry done of resident's clothing and bedding gets mixed up with other resident's. The food is another subject. Choices are inappropriate for senior citizens and often unappetizing, cold, lacks any nutritional value and consists mainly of carbohydrates (cheap and easy to make). Seems like management's goal is solely PROFIT orientated. Activities are lacking and staff does not seem to encourage residents to attend. Cannot get staff to check Mother's mailbox. Have been trying for two years now. Bills and special occasion cards go unopened. Issues are not addressed by administration. Complaints are listened to at times but not addressed or resolved. Need to find an organization that will act as a resident's and family's advocate. I would not recommend this facility. There are better ones out there. Too bad we are kind of stuck. Administration knows this and uses it to their advantage.

Food not that good

If there's a professional chef here, I'll eat my hat.
My mother-in-law has been here 2 years and whenever we're there the meals are not that good and don't even LOOK appetizing. Mom eats hardly anything. For the prices she's paying she should be served gourmet food.

They're All The Same

When we moved our father to Oak Park Place, we were promised several things prior to signing an agreement that never materialized and truly altered the mood of the move.

There was some minor finger-pointing at who should have said what, who should have known what, etc. But that's all in the past.

There has been a great turn-over of employees but I find that it with all facilities. The pay doesn't make it worthwhile for employees to come to work 100% of the time.

There were a lot of problems with the cooks / chefs for a while and that seems to have settled down some.

For the services that our father receives, it doesn't warrant the outrageous monthly fee considering he is able to feed himself, toilet himself, walk himself, etc. In the less than 3 years he's been there, the monthly fee has gone up at least 4 times. It's easier to pay it than to look for something less expensive.

This is the norm as my mother-in-law is in another facility about 20 minutes away and they have the same staffing, chef, turn-over, and price issues that I just mentioned.

There was a director of the facility that left several months ago. Again...lots of talk and no action. I heard good things when the new director arrived and now I'm hearing the same stuff about her. Lots of lip service and nothing to back it up.

If you're looking for a place that's nice, relatively new, clean, and safe, then this is the place.

Great Experience

Everything is going great for my mother since her move into Oak Park Place. The community is well-kept and very clean. The staff is great, they are very nice and helpful. My mother loves the food. There are activities offered here for the residents. Our experience so far has been a good one and I would recommend this community.

Review of Oak Park Place Wauwatosa - Wauwatosa, WI

Looks like a very nice facility. The day we were there we could not tour the memory care unit because there was a GI infection going round with the residents. Stacy was very apologetic about it. She gave us a tour of what she could and asked us a lot of questions. I felt she had a good understanding of my moms needs

Happy with our choice

Assisted living unit is very nice, good closet space and generous bathroom. The unit had not been cleaned as promised. Baseboards were covered in dust, drawers in kitchen and bath were not clean.

The leasing agent was very nice and informative, but there was very little discussion of the billing process, payment dates, etc. and I had to email to get accurate information.

Overall it is a nice residence with lots of common space and friendly residents and staff.

communication could be improved

The communication could be improved at Oak Park Place Wauwatosa. The communication between the workers and the family isn't good. There has been a lot of turn over of the staff. I think due to that things aren't running as smoothly as they should be. The staff are nice it's just sometimes they don't take enough initiative with the residents. Mom reports that the food is good and the facility itself is nice and organized. I would just like to see that communication improved.

Used to be a good place, not anymore.

When my loved one moved into Oak Park Place, I thought it was a wonderful place. Nine months later I have many concerns. The housing director left, the activities director was fired, the new doctor with the Bluestone physicians, was put on the wayside. No one is in charge. The nurse is, I suppose, but she is spread so thin. And why they have not replaced the director is of serious concern. Lots of new staff and patients. [removed] I would not recommend this place.

Impressive place

Oak Park Place has been a heaven sent for my 87 year old friend. The ladies taking care of her in the memory care section are wonderful and caring. From a physically weak woman who was sleeping most of the day she has turned into an alert 'walker'. Everyone at Oak Park is friendly and welcoming and it feels like family.
The other positive point I have to make is the cleanliness of the place. It smells and feels like a 5 star hotel! I am exceptionally pleased with Oak Park Place and can only recommend it to anyone!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but in general Oak Park Place seems nice. We're still in the settling in period and things have been a little rocky. We've had some issues with the caregivers not following through on aspects of the care plan, which I hope is something that gets worked out eventually.

A great facility

I think overall, the Oak Park Place is a great facility. I think they should add more varied activities and outings. Everything else has been okay. The food is good most of the time. It has it's days. The location is good. It is very serene and peaceful. The communication with the staff has been good. I would recommend the Oak Park Place Wauwatosa to anyone. It is a great place overall. My overall rating is Four Stars.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Oak Park Place. My loved one seems to be settling in well, and she says she likes the food and her apartment. The people here seem friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. However, although they have a decent amount of on-site activities I would like to see them do a few more trips and outings.

Not too bad

Oak Park Place has done pretty well for us overall; the only thing mainly is I'd say communication between staff and families could be better.

I think they try hard.

I think they try hard. I do think that they misrepresented their selves a bit, As far as level of care. In the common areas like the hallways, they could improve on the cleanliness. Other than that, It has been a pretty good experience. Everyone has been really friendly and nice. The staff has been friendly and helpful. I can't rate the activities because my loved one did not participate in them. It is not applicable.

happy and comfortable

Overall Oak Park Place Wauwatosa have done very well. They have responded to everything that we have asked and have done everything they can to make things easy on dad. Any time there has been an issue, they do everything they can to take care of it. They are always very friendly and have got my father in law feeling happy and comfortable, which is quite an accomplishment!

Very nice place!

We've had a good experience with Oak Park Place so far! The facility itself is nice looking, clean, and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. They really went out of their way to help her get situated and settled in, which I really appreciate. They are an assisted living community, but they have no problem helping out with some minor memory care needs, like reminding her to brush her teeth, etc. It's a very nice place, and I would recommend them!

My great aunt moved to Oak Park Place in November. The staff is very kind and caring. I go to visit her about 3 times a week. She is always well groomed and room clean. It feels like a home. Less institutional compared to where she was before. The residents are a joy and the staff very attentive. It is small and they don't have a nurse 24 hrs. But one that is available on call.

This was a very nice place. Because it is only 2 years old it still has that new smell and look. One draw back is they are a RCAC accredited facility unless you are in the memory care unit. That is a CBRF. Unfortunately I don't think this is the right place for my father.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. It was fabulous! It is a very very nice looking place. It has everything that my father would be looking for!

Oak Park Place is a safe haven and a happy place.

Mom has a comfortable apt. with large windows so she can
see what is going on around her. She is very well taken care of which gives me peace of mind. She enjoys the meals
and the caregivers take the time to know what she likes and doesn't like. It is a beautiful facility with an outdoor patio
and covered balconies on each floor with tables and chairs for resident use. There are lots of activities for those who need help and games and puzzles for use at anytime.
We are very happy with Oak Park Place and very greatfull
for A Place for MOM.

My parents have lived at Oak Park Pla...

My parents have lived at Oak Park Place for 14 months now and we are all so impressed with the outstanding care they receive. They both are on medications that are given to them daily so we do not need to worry about them forgetting to take them or over taking them. Mom loves Wednesdays, she get to have her hair done. Thursdays they both enjoy going to church and partaking in a lot of various activities. My sister and I looked at many places before we found Oak Park Place, nothing we looked at came any where close to how friendly, clean, and safe it felt to us. The staff is always willing to help my parents with anything, they talk to them as if they were family to them. We feel so good to know they have a nurse there to help with anything that comes up. If you are looking for an Assisted Living complex for you loved ones this should be on the top of the list to look at. Thank you Oak Par Place for making my life easier knowing my parents are safe, happy and enjoying there later years in life.

A Wonderful New Home

My parents have been at Oak Park Place for more than a year now and we are all very happy. My parents are safe and looked after. Their meds are administered daily, they have new friends to dine and visit with. They could have their laundry done, but my mom still likes to do it for herself. The staff is friendly and very responsive to our requests or questions. Our need to move them in was very immediate and it was handled professionally and in a friendly manner. I sleep better at night knowing they are living there.

Attractive Place With Poor Management

I was told cable and housecleaning was provided in monthly fee. Only basic channels, not even our local PBS is included. Then they give you a # to call to upgrade. There is no regular cleaning schedule. An aide came once after I complained. He dusted and vacuumed. The bath hasn't been cleaned since she moved in 3 weeks ago. My relative fell because the aides were standing around talking. When she asked for help, they ignored her. She's supposed to be getting a higher level of care and isn't getting it. They are forgetting to come and get her for meals. There is always a shortage of aides. One morning at breakfast, there was no milk for cereal on the floor. Another morning, no coffee because someone forgot to make it. Some of the aides are poorly trained or don't seem to have any training. My relative can't eat some of the food they serve. The manager said she would have the dietician meet with her. That was over 2 weeks ago and that hasn't happened. It's an attractive place. I never thought we would have all these problems. I don't know what to do. I hate to move my relative, but I may have to if things don't improve. I have to be there all the time to make sure my relative is okay. We are paying extra to help her get dressed, bed made and be escorted to meals. Today, no one came. She called and the aide said she was busy and would come as soon as she could. She never came. So my relative had to get herself dressed and go to the dining room by herself. She is at high risk for falling. That's why we pay for the higher level of care, which she is not getting. My relative is very unhappy and so am I.

Very Friendly

Friendly 5+

The friendliness of the whole staff is wonderful – I’ve been in the industry a long time and staffing this good is rare. We haven’t had any trouble with the laundry service. My loved one hasn’t said anything bad about the food and that’s a little surprising. There is an outside area for residents and there is enough parking.

Nice facility, good staff r...

Nice facility, good staff ratio

Nice looking, very new community

We toured this located when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place was very nice looking. However, Dad would have been one of their first residents as they were a brand new community. We weren't entirely comfortable with this and wanted somewhere that was already established, and a bit more populated.

Jasmine Rogness

Come see us again--we only have a few units left in inventory!

Top Shelf Care

This is the very finest we could hope to find. Thoughtful attentive supervised competent staff.

The modern architectural design is first class as well is the food and dinning room service is great.

Mom is so happy and in not time at all. Everyone went out of their way to help her adjust.

What a relief

Oak Park Place is a brand new, well designed facility with an excellent staff. What a relief it is to know mom is in now in great hands, and is as comfortable as possible with her mid to late stage ALZ.

Beautiful new residence. On...

Beautiful new residence. Only viewed 1 time with brother. I would need to bring rest of family before choosing. Although the location of this place is not what we are looking for. It is too far south east. But we loved it...

Beautiful. Brand new build...

Beautiful. Brand new building. No skilled nursing. This is a concern since Mom has so many health needs.

A new beginning awaits at Oak Park Place in Wauwatosa. It's centrally located just west of Milwaukee off I 94 and the U.S 45 freeway, close to anywhere and everywhere in the Milwaukee metro area! Our nursing home is great due to the amenities, the staff, and the friendly, cozy community environment. Being in a nursing home doesn't have to be the end of the world; but rather a new start in life and a feeling of family. We have freshly prepared meals cooked by an expert chef; not the pre-made food most nursing homes offer to cut costs. The residents' personal medical information is kept private while all meds are in a locked storage for peace of mind. We encourage any questions from both the residents and their families. We have a variety of indoor and outdoor activities such as knitting, bingo, yoga, and many others. Or maybe a resident wants to do something outdoors, such as the world-famous Milwaukee Museum of Art, or see a sporting event such as the Brewers or the Bucks. Shopping experiences are plenty. Friends and family can visit from anywhere at any time; General Mitchell International Airport is only 20 minutes away! The apartments are fully furnished with all the amenities one would expect at home; internet access and a private phone line are available, we only use the best bedding brands for comfort. A TV is also available. We adhere to the highest standards in personalized care and attention. Contact us today!