Heritage Elm Grove - Elm Grove, WI

• Recreational & Social Activities
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Respite care available
  • Respite Care
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • On-site Nurse
  • Attend church/worship services
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Exercise
  • Arts and Crafts Programs

Mom's Care and Comfort

The care at this community is very nice. The staff are attentive. They have a good variety of meals. I like knowing that she is in a clean. I like knowing that she is activies with the other residents with the many activiites. I like that she is able to get around and feels comfortable in this community We would recommend the care and the value for other families.

Brenda Poppy

We are please your mother is doing so well at Heritage Elm Grove. Providing an active and comfortable community for our residents if very important to us. We appreciate your comments!

Good choice

Our loved one seems to be settling in well at Heritage Elm Grove. We have no complaints we could just envision the communication to be better. We would like to have more communication regarding how she is doing on a routine basis when we are not there. Whether it be through computer access or a monthly update with staff members who have first-hand knowledge of her well-being. It would help to give us peace of mind. The meals they prepare look very good. She really seems to enjoy the food. They have lovely white tablecloths and make the dining experience pleasant. It is a very clean facility. She has a nice large room that we decorated to look very homey and comfortable. We visit she is usually out of her room talking to residents, or listening to music. We are not sure if they encourage or how much she participates in the activities. We're just not sure what she is doing the rest of the time. She has been on one trip she happened to remember to tell us about. There is a nice enclosed patio area for her to get out and enjoy the fresh air. She has spent her life here in Elmgrove and it's nice she can continue to say she is home at Heritage Elm Grove. We would recommend this community to others.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted that you've had such a positive experience so far with Heritage Elm Grove. Providing an active and comfortable environment is very important to us. Thank you for your comments.

We have been very happy

Mom liked the food when she first arrived at the community. Since then it seems to have declined some. They offer a large variety of activities. The staff are encouraging and friendly, however once in awhile they are a little slow to respond to questions. They do keep me informed of how mom is doing. The community is very clean. They have nice courtyards and balconies. The physical therapists are doing a good job. I would recommend this community.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted you have had a positive experience with our Heritage Elm Grove community. Providing a clean, active and encouraging environment for our residents is extremely important to us. We appreciate your comments.

Clean Property!!

I had a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things went. The staff where on time to our appointment and the property was very clean when I had visited. They where very full and had a lot of residents so there was not much vacancy that I had needed. It ended up not being the right fit at the time but I would recommend it to anyone.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad that you liked the staff and environment at Heritage Elm Grove. We hope you find a property that fits what you're looking for! Thanks for your comments.

Expectations Mostly Being Met

For mom, the experience is going very well. The staff has increased her quality of life more than what we could have imagined we are so pleased with the progress she has made. The personalized attention given to the residents on the memory care side is wonderful. Life for my dad on the assisted living side is ok there are no programs set up for senior care no real activities. The food is not good it has to be temperature controlled so they serve it luke warm.
I do feel that on both sides they are understaffed. What we were told to expect in the certain area just isn't being done or not done completely.

Brenda Poppy

We are delighted that your mom is doing so well at our Elm Grove memory care community. Providing personalized attention and care for our residents is very important to us. However we’re sorry to learn that your dad's experience in our assisted living community is only OK. Quality matters highly to us, so we appreciate your input.

Ask the right questions & observe!

My mom was there in both assisted living & memory care. Assisted living was great; memory care not! There is a seemingly constant change in staff, not enough supervision of staff and activities for the memory care residents lacking. It suffers from poor leadership although a new director seems to be making some positive changes! Dont be fooled by the beautiful building- they have a way to go yet. There are some amazing caregivers that do a great job, they just need to find a way to hire and keep them!

Brenda Poppy

We’re sorry to learn that your mom's experience with in our memory care community was less than adequate. Quality matters so we appreciate your input. If you want to let us know more about your experience, please send the details to [removed].

This is a smaller community and I would recommend it.

The staff are nice, however I think they may have had some staffing issues with housekeeping. I am not sure about the security of the community as people are supposed to sign in and out. There have been times when there is no one is at the desk. They do not always stop people when they come in. Mom likes the food and the community has great curb appeal. They have many activities going on including people coming in to entertain.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad your mother is enjoying the food and that there are enough activities to entertain her. Providing a positive and active environment for our residents is very important to us. Quality matters so we appreciate your input on staffing. If you want to let us know more about your experience, please send the details to [removed].

in progress , but overall I would recommend this community

Pretty Nice Community

This is a very nice community , and they have been good work with . My mother recently passed away , but they are trying their best to help my father adjust , and take care of (1)his (2)needs . We are working together to see what is best for my father , and his needs . I do really like the staff , and they have helpful , and kind . The food is wonderful . He is a nice size unit , and everything looks good . It is a still a work in progress , but overall I would recommend this community .

Daughter of resident

Mom has been at Heritage for a relatively short time. She has acclimated well and reports that the staff are wonderful and the food delicious!
I have tasted the food myself and can attest to its being good! Everyone I have encountered from the front desk through to the the memory care area are friendly and seem attentive to the residents.
Clothing is washed, often more than once a week, and returned to the room promptly.

Excellent care

I couldn't be happier with the kind and compassionate care my mother is receiving. The staff are wonderful, the food is excellent and the administrative staff are extremely involved and hands on. I'm so thankful that Heritage Elm Grove gives me peace of mind.

Disappointing

My first impression is 'beautiful'. After my Mom moved in, there was problem after problem. Medications weren't set into place, staff doesn't always come when the call button is pushed. (As with any business, the place cuts corners and tries to run on a skeleton crew.) The staff are not CNA's, which surprised me because the cost is so high. Some of the staff are nice, others are not. Some of the staff know what they are doing, some do not. If your loved one is on oxygen or needs a breathing treatment, they'll be waiting, as these young, untrained gals stand around and wonder what to do while you watch your loved one gasp for air. It's a bit heartbreaking to say the least.
I've addressed these issues several times with the head nurses and administrative staff. They say they will take care of it. Things go well for a few days. Then something else arises and it's back to square one.

The atmosphere was very friendly, décor tasteful, menu and other services available looked great. Every area we toured was clean and well maintained. Only in one small area on the second floor did we notice a typical nursing home smell.
Our contact was a good listener, knowledgeable and empathetic to our particular needs.
We will definitely consider this location for placement.

Not the home for loved one

This IS NOT the place to move a parent you love! The care provided was dismal. Theft prevelant. Do not be fooled with an Elm Grove address. Best day we had there was the day we moved our parents out!

Not Perfect But Nice

This community is not perfect and its not home, but it is a nice place. Management at this community is fantastic, but this care staff is okay. The staff is a good staff and they are friendly and willing to help. He loves the meals and I've tried it a few times and the food is excellent. They do offer many activities, he enjoys helping out with the activities. This is a pretty good community and I would recommend it.

Review of Heritage Elm Grove - Elm Grove, WI

This facility from the moment we stepped in the door to the second we left was absolutely gorgeous nothing out of place immaculately clean however the woman who toured us around was pretty sick and showed no concern for any of the people staying there she coughed everywhere including into her hands never sanitizing and continuing to open all of the doors through the whole facility and watch as extremely concerned with the fact that they were not a facility that would make arrangements with family care if in fact you ran out of self-pay

Beware. Terrible care. Lack continuity and accountability.

My father resided there for 7 1/2 months. There is no continuity in the care received. They are in a perpetual mode of on the job training. There were 5 instances of theft. This is a real estate company that has no business being in the managed care industry. There is no accountability to the residents. What they pitch to you during the tour is not the reality they maintain. Beware.

Things are going very well there

Things are actually going very well there. I am very happy with the services there. The staff is great and they are very friendly and always professional. The facility is always clean and the residents seem happy.

nice place... not properly staffed for dementia/ alzheimers

Beautiful facility, friendly staff, however I would not consider Heritage Elm Grove if you are seeking care for a loved one who has dementia or Alzheimers ( especially if they are mobile and exit seeking) as they are not trained or staffed to take care of these people. Our family was told we needed to find and hire an independent 24 hour, one on one care taker to handle our mother in order to stay there.. We were not given the required 30 days, or any notice or time to make these arrangements. We then moved her into our home and hired a caregiver until we can get her in a facility who has enough trained staff who can help acclimate her into a lock down situation, and give her the care she needs.

so far so good!

My mom moved in about 3-4 weeks ago. She is in the enhanced care unit. Although she is still struggling with the change, it seems that the staff is doing their best to accommodate her needs and working with me to make her transition easier. Becky was very helpful in determining where my mom would fit in. Michele, the nurse is working with my moms doctor and myself, to find the right mix of medications for her to be the best she can be. The aids have been very patience and seem to be very fun and attentive. I don't know how many activities my mom has actually joined in, but hoping she will be included in more as she settles in. so far I am comfortable with the safety measures that are in place to keep the residents who need to stay in in. Apartment and building are kept up and clean.

I visited this facility on 8/7 and was very impressed. It is beautiful and very homey. Staff is great. Rooms are spacious and memory care therapies used are first rate. Assessment of my dad was done on 8/12 and he would be a fit for this community.

Beautiful, Friendly Place

Everyone we've met so far have been so nice and very helpful. They've helped to relieve some of the stress in getting assisted living for our mom.
This new building is beautiful!

The best of many

Most caregivers are excellent. Jerrie at front desk is the very best. Most of the food is good. Our love one enjoys this place.

a few things could improve...

There are some really good care givers and then some that are not so much. The reason I put my dad there is for his safety so I would not have to worry about him, and sometimes i still feel like I do. They are working on it though. I do feel like they need to have more direct oversight from the leadership. It would be good also if they had some kind of art therapy/activities for the memory care patients as that is supposed to be good for residents having memory issues.

It is a nice place with nice staff, but these are a few areas where I personally feel that they could improve.

really good place

Overall it has been a really good experience with Heritage Elm Grove. It is a nice place, the people there are super friendly, and they are really good at responding fast when you press the buzzer needing assistance with anything.

There are a couple of areas where I do feel they could improve.

For one I do feel that they could have more activities, and a wider variety. Also, their food is above average for these type places, but could be a little better.

excellent

Heritage Elm Grove really did an excellent job helping to get mom settled in to her new home. I have no complaints.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and the staff all seemed very friendly! We ended up selecting a different place that worked better for our loved one, but this is definitely somewhere we would have considered.

Found it!

I have seen many places and the Heritage Elm Grove is relatively new and they are not at full capacity yet, but so far, everything is just great. They have a friendly and caring staff. My mom and her husband both stay here and love it. I've finally found it!

My experience with Heritage Elm Grove...

My experience with Heritage Elm Grove has been fantastic. I'm happy with their services. I'm overall satisfied with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and care they provide. They're really great, and I appreciate everything.

Happy Camper

Move-in date two weeks ago: My mother loves the place we found for her at Heritage - Elm Grove. She enjoys being pampered, and is eating three meals a day, which was hard for her to do before. She is able to keep her cat, who has adjusted nicely too! Being in a new 1-bedroom unit means a lot to her.

Satisfied all around

It's a great location. very clean with a great lobby and common area. you can request assistance at anytime. meal options. professional and caring staff. great lobby. overall very happy with the heritage elm grove community.

This new facility has recen...

This new facility has recently opened. Beautiful mission style decor throughout, with very well thought layout. Welcome the common areas with skylights and plenty of windows. While touring I notice their was one centered courtyard with concrete patio for the residents to be outdoors. I use to live in this area, remembering this use to be a wetland area behind Sunset playhouse. Also train track runs behind parking area through the downtown main business area of Elm Grove. Tracks are a block away. Never received a follow-up call from this facility.

Beautiful, Brand-new and Gearing UP

This is a brand-new facility that is beautifully appointed. It offers "enhanced assisted living" apartments which offers more care than a regular assisted living facility, and was exactly what we were looking for. My parents moved into Heritage Elm Grove the first week it opened so with any new place there are some hiccups that occurred. Their wing of the facility is sparsely occupied as the place ramps up so the dining room is very empty, and activities are few or are on a different floor. However, we realize that they need to take it slow as they start filling the other units to ensure that they are staffed properly. The caregivers are wonderful and my father has said that "they take good care of mom." I can see that my father has a good rapport with some of the regular caregivers when I have been there for a visit. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. I believe it will come along as they grow into themselves. The location is great and the setting is quiet and it is nice having some greenspace around the building.

Located in the village of Elm Grove, part of bustling Waukesha County, Heritage Elm Grove is a modern 97-unit community that offers Assisted Living, Enhanced Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, allowing residents to age in place as their health care needs change. Heritage Elm Grove pairs a homelike atmosphere and unique amenities with a multidisciplinary staff and unparalleled care.
• Studio, one- and two-bedroom options
• Kitchenettes with stainless steel appliances and high-quality cabinetry (Assisted)
• Private bathrooms with walk-in showers
• In-floor radiant heat
• Air conditioner in each unit

Community Amenities Include: