Bluemound Home - Wauwatosa, WI

• Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Companionship & Conversation
  • All private rooms
  • Extended Basic Cable TV
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • 24 hour care
  • Arts and Crafts Programs

Great Sized Community

The owner is very friendly and very helpful. I think there is an aid or two that could use some improvement - there is one that my mother doesn't really like. I think it is very valuable - I'm getting what I pay for and then some and the care is good. My mother has improved since she was in the hospital. She gets help dressing and help with the shower so I guess the real test will be when her needs are more significant and how they respond to that but, for now, her needs are taken care of. My mother is not joining in the activities. They play trivia and I'm not sure if the residents are interested in that.

My mother likes chocolate milk so I was bringing that for her and they don't have a problem serving it for her. I brought her a pie and whenever she wants a piece they will get her one. I'm not so sure that they would be willing to do that at larger places. This size of a place is ideal. They have twenty beds and I think that's perfect.

The Perfect Place! Loved the homey f...

The Perfect Place! Loved the homey feel and the care that the staff provides. Arranging for mom to live here

20 residents. owned and operated by R...

20 residents. owned and operated by RN's. care seems to be good. rooms are small with minimum furnishings. very homestyle setting. meals seem to be more "home cooked" than not. highest priced i've seen so far. can provide care until end of life

The Bluemound Home is our 20 bed home we accept residents who are both ambulatory and semi-ambulatory. Our residents can use canes, walkers or wheelchairs.The second floor is easily accessible by elevator. We offer private rooms for each resident and there are selected rooms with own bathroom. Families may decorate and bring in own furniture and belongings. We want to ensure that our residents have the closeness of home while gaining their independence.