Maplewood at Weston - Weston, MA

• Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Laundry services
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Medical Services On-Site
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

Increasingly disappointed

When I read the "Good for assisted living, not so much for one who needs assistance" comment from October 2018, it was so similar to our experience that I had to ask myself if I had written the review but had forgotten that I had posted it already.

Recently I've become very concerned by what seems to be a lack of sufficient responsiveness from management, and difficulty executing on the delivery of care.

Perhaps what seems to be frequent turnover contributes to their problems. Many emails are address to the position, not the name (e.g. "[email protected]", not "[email protected]" That suggests to me that their turnover has been high for a while.

Nice looking place, activities, and food is decent, but I've been increasingly disappointed with the service lately. And that's really the key.

We really liked Maplewood. The tour was well thought out and executed. The facility was cozy and welcoming. The surrounding are lovely and wooded. The apartments are really nice and there is ALOT of common areas. Lot's going on, I can't imagine that anyone could ever be bored in thier room!

Good for independent living, not so much for one who needs assistance

Maplewood looks great at first glance, and there are many positive things about it. However there are some serious operational problems that I should have known about had I read more reviews and not taken one friend's recommendation as gospel.
I think it would be a good fit for a relatively self sufficient resident who is looking for independent living or assisted but with minimal assistance.
it is not so good for my loved one who needs a fair amount of prodding and assistance. Often she is left in bed for well over 12 hours and noone gets her up in the morning for breakfast unless I intervene.
Lots of management turnover.
Aides don't seem particularly happy or engaged.
Food is great, facilities clean and inviting.
Management take note.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to learn this information regarding your experience at Maplewood at Weston. Our Executive Director and Vice President of Operations, as well as other key members of the corporate office, have been notified of your concerns and we will be following up on this immediately. I would like to ensure you that our number one concern is always resident safety and well-being and we take your concerns and experience very seriously. I look forward to connecting with you if you were comfortable. I can be reached at 203/557/4777 or by email [removed]. Thank you.

Care and Comfort

The care at this community. The community is clean and maintained. We like that the staff keeps us informed on his progress. It's nice to know that he is in a clean community. The menu of meals is outstanding with a nice variety. They offer a variety of activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for the care and value to other families.

Tour for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff were nice and caring to answer the questions we had on care. The location was not good for us at the time. The community appeared to be clean and they have a nice variety of good meals. We would suggest a tour of the community for other families.

Look beyond the fancy finishes

My parents lived here for 5 years. Staff is nice but there is a lot of turnover. Location of building is good but there is no real access to outside except for small patio. Sometimes I would see residents walking down the side of the road just for a little outdoor exercise on nice days. There are no sidewalks or anyplace to walk that are longer than 50-100 feet. The response to this was to put a bench in a parking space with a potted plant next to it and call it a new garden.
There are fitness classes but they were all in the morning. The pool has extremely limited swim times.
There are no views of the Charles River from any of the public areas although some apartments do have views.
Food was very good. Often there were excellent performances in the evening.
My parents moved to another facility after they hired their 8th resident care director in a little over 3 years.

Overall I think it's been pretty good.

Overall I think it's been pretty good. It would be nice to see more encouragement to get my loved one up and walking, and to be more active. I think the medication management hasn't always gone smoothly, and for what they charge, I feel like the follow through could be better. I have eaten with my loved one on several occasions, and it has been good, and I have never heard a negative comment. Recommendations, and their pricing model, were two of the biggest reasons we chose them.

This was a nice place, it was beautiful.

This was a nice place, it was beautiful. My loved one lived there for almost ten years. It got to be very expensive though, at over five thousand dollars for a one bedroom. They had activities, but I felt like they didn't have enough going on.

Maplewood at Weston is an innovative senior living community located in Weston, MA. With an unwavering commitment to service, Maplewood at Weston offers area seniors the opportunity to experience a luxurious apartment home with exceptional amenities.

Maplewood at Weston offers a host of choices to suit the varying needs of today's seniors. Whether you are considering independent living, assisted living, or memory care, you'll find a selection of premium apartment homes available, backed by our dedication to service excellence.

Contact us today to schedule your welcome visit or for more information.