Ida Culver House Broadview - Seattle, WA

Welcome to Ida Culver House Broadview, an Era Living community. Ida Culver House offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory and Skilled Nursing care.

Located in the Seattle neighborhood of Greenwood, Ida Culver House has breathtaking views of the Olympic Mountains and is close to parks, shops, and Seattle’s finest attractions. Ida Culver House has 245 residences, along with a 74-bed Skilled Nursing Health Care Center. A variety of floor plans are offered, including private cottage residences with garages.

Residents of Ida Culver House experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness, aquatic, and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

In addition to Independent Living and Assisted Living, Ida Culver House Broadview's integrated campus offers specialized care for residents living with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and those seniors needing rehabilitation or skilled nursing services. From 24-hour rehabilitation nursing staff to physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and structured activities based on a variety of cognitive levels, Ida Culver House's 74-bed Medicare-certified Health Care Center is one of the top-rated skilled nursing communities in the area.

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.

Nice Place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints about the experience we had. I was looking for something for my father and the staff did a great job with the presentation. I liked the great amenities that had for the residents as well as the open floor plan. This place just did not have a spin down program with medicaid that we would have needed for the long run.

Jacob Almo

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear that our staff left you with such a positive impression. We wish you the best in finding the right community for your father that meets his long-term needs.

We will be moving into this nice community. We lived the staff. We were very pleased with the meal we had on the day of the tour. We love the dining area that has beautiful to see. They had alot of great activities. We will be happy to let others know of the good care and value of this nice community.

Jacob Almo

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We wish you a smooth transition and look forward to having you as part of our community.

Tour for mom and dad

We toured this community for the care for both my mom and dad. The staff was helpful and caring. The community was clean and the menu looked appealing. We liked the list of activities that are offered to the residents. We would suggest that families your this community for care for a loved one.

Looks good at first

Not impressive. Appears nice initially. The up front sales team excels. After that the staff is below average. After taking a week to evaluate my parent, they have taken over another week to give us back the $5000.00 deposit they cashed (even after repeated emails telling them we need the money).

Here is the topper: The person evaluating our parent was borderline brash with us over the phone setting up the assessment BUT when she called to tell me our parent was declined- she was sickeningly sweet with so many compliments (BTW this time she was on speaker phone with her boss in the room). Disgusting and Not professional.

This was not our first encounter with rudeness with this company. When our parent was discharged from the nursing rehab facility...the staff showed absolutely zero empathy or concern. I thought the assisted living part of this facility would be different. I was wrong.

Empathy and customer service at ERA Living (the parent company) must not be a something they instill in their employees.
I would look elsewhere.

Jacob Almo

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Frances. I understand how stressful it can be when you are trying to find the right community for a loved one. Our goal is to provide each resident with an environment in which they can thrive, so we do thorough health assessments to determine if we can meet their needs.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not feel like you received empathy and strong customer service from our team members. Our values of Respect and Integrity are important to us, and we would love to understand your experience more completely. Also, we would be happy to offer you referrals to other communities that might be a better fit based on your parent's current needs. Please contact our Executive Director, Brittany Peterson, at [removed] to discuss this further. Or, if you'd like, you may setup a time to contact me by emailing [removed].

VP, Operations

Mother's Care

I like this community for the care that my mother is getting. The staff is caring and very friendly. We like this community for always being clean and maintained when we visit. The meals are outstanding with a nice variety of healthy meals. I like that she is offered to participate in the activities. We would recommend this community for good care and great value to other families.

I took a tour!

When I toured Ida Culver House Broadview, I thought it was a nice place. Ther staff were all friendly and gave me a lot of good information. I had a good experience touring, but it did not for my loved one's needs as good as other communities.

First visit above and beyond expectations!

This is a note to thank [Removed] for service ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty! Please ask her boss to give her a big raise :-)
On New Year's Eve, my husband and I brought my 89-yr-old mom for her first visit. First, we were treated to a wonderful lunch, and then [Removed] took us on a tour so that mom could see the place (it's gorgeous, especially with the HUGE Christmas tree in the foyer!). [Removed] spent all afternoon patiently showing us various rooms, and then helped us get mom settled into one of the guest suites where she was going to stay overnight.
Well, the bed was too high for mom (4-10", 90 lbs), and she aggravated her already-wrenched back trying to sit up on it. She was in great pain and getting pretty upset, and I thought we were going to have to give up and just take her home.
Next thing I knew, [Removed] had literally kicked off her high heels, and was down on the floor taking the bed apart! She and my husband were able to take the frame off and put the bed on the floor, making it the perfect height for mom! She decided to spend the night after all, and [Removed] arranged to have one of the residents to pick her up and escort her to dinner, which she enjoyed very much.
Phew!! I couldn't believe it worked out after all, thanks to [Removed] willingness to try whatever it took! (Mind you, this was supposed to be an independent overnight stay, not a free assisted living experience!) We are on the waiting list now and mom is looking forward to moving in!
THANKS SO MUCH!!!
[Removed]

Roxie was a very big help for us when we visited with her. She listened to our situation and took notes. She told us that this place was not a good fit for our dad. She continued talking with us and gave us terms that we should be thinking about how to go about looking for someplace good for dad. Really nice visit and a big help for our mom.

friendly and attentive

My mom has been here for three months. The people are friendly as well as attentive. Great place!

We chose Ida Culver for our Mom's dementia care after having her there for rehab following an unwitnessed fall and hospital stay. The staff in Memory Care are numerous, everyone busy all the time, always filling needs. The activities staff (June, et al) are amazing and patient with everyone; the nurses and caregivers are the best we've seen and never close the office door, even during quick meetings, so they remain aware of the residents at all times. An LPN and an MD are there weekly from Harborview to connect care and a swarm of high-quality licensed services are available as needed. They take such good care of Mom here.

So far, so good here!

We're still in the adjusting period, but it's gone well as of now. The staff does very well and the food is very good.

My mom really likes it there at Broadview.

My mom really likes it there at Broadview. I would recommend it. The staff is friendly, and it's kept clean. It's a nice place, and I don't have any complaints so far.

Trustworthy place with kind staff

While a sad period in my life, I was extremely grateful for the care Ida Culver took of my Grandma in some of her last days here on earth.

The staff is extremely friendly and kind. I have gone back on several other occasions to visit others I know and have always been treated extremely well. They even found jumper cables after hours when my car battery had randomly died while visiting someone there.

Focus on Long Term Care Needs

Ida Culver is an excellent Independent living facility. If you have a loved one who is mobile and sharp, it's a wonderful place. However, as your loved one starts down that inevitable path of decline -- physically or mentally -- you will find the transition less than accommodating. The so-called "wellness center" seems more intent on revenue generation than flexibility in addressing family needs, and may well pile on unnecessary costs. So before considering Ida Culver, focus on the long term issues of care, rather on the short term, immediate benefits this facility provides. If you do not, you may discover you are forced into a transition to another facility at a time when your loved one needs the most care.

Good community just needed more care

Ida Culver is a good community we just needed a higher level of care that they offered. For individuals who can still find there way around and are mobile this would be a really good community. But if you need more care and are a fall risk then it wouldn't be the right fit.

My sister visited. I heard that as t...

My sister visited. I heard that as the level of care changes, my parents would have to move again

I like this place - pivate pay only -...

I like this place - pivate pay only - do not take medicare - going for dinner 5/5