North Woods Village Edison Lakes - Mishawaka, IN

Beautiful Garden!

I was able to go on a tour here and we really enjoyed ourselves. They have a nice facility here and what we really liked was that they have a garden in the central part of the community for the residents to enjoy. The residents can also walk around outdoors. The main entrance offers sitting for people to enjoy the whole community.

I have been very pleased..

I have been very pleased with the care that they have been giving my father. They have really been right on any problems or changes in his eating habits. They keep me up to date on him. They make decisions together with me. The friendliness of the staff and concern for their patients is exemplary. The North Woods Village Edison Lakes is an excellent community. It has been a great experience. It's a nice place.

Very nice place!

They do a great job at North Woods Village Edison Lakes! The people here are friendly, and they do a great job keeping a clean and pleasant environment. The residents here seem happy and friendly, and the food is excellent! I would high recommend this place!

Nice looking place

We toured this facility when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought this was a very nice looking place overall. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff seemed friendly.

Northwoods is by far the best in memory care in South Bend, IN

My mother is in good hands at Northwoods. It is on the higher end for cost but 100% worth it. Family can come/go as we please with a simple code and the facility is amazing. Very clean and all of the aids are well-trained and give the best care for my mother. The night staff seems to change quite a bit, as I think she has had 3 changes since she moved in, in september, 5 months ago, which is not ideal. But, I have liked all of the staff that has helped her to date. The place does not appear to be a nursing home at all. It is very well-maintained and really looks more like a fancy hotel than anything. Patients can do what they want, and are encouraged to be out doing social activities that go on all day. The place is amazing and youll want to reserve your spot as its filling fast!

So impressed!

We have been so impressed with every aspect of North Woods Village! From our first contact they've been understanding of our family's unique situation and have worked hard to make us feel extremely welcome and well taken care of. Dad has been there a month now and is clearly understands that he is in a nice place, surrounded by kind and patient people and the food is good! Most important to me is that he feels involved and safe. I couldn't be happier with the decision we made to put him in North Woods Village, they are doing a much better job than we were, caring for his specific needs.

Would NOT recommend

Our experience with North Woods Village has not been a good one. My loved one was only here a short time and fell multiple times. They do not watch their residents closely or take care of them nearly to the degree that they claim. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Review of North Woods Village Edison Lakes Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Mishawaka, IN

This is a brand new (as of February 2014) place with a beautiful setting in the woods. The rooms were big, the staff was nice, it was beautifully decorated, clean, and specialized for all levels of Memory Care. Any one would feel their loved one was safe. I loved the enclosed courtyard; and 4 different 'four seasons' porches. Four neighborhoods of 18 residents each, seemed very manageable.

Senior Care

Beautiful facility. Rooms are small, but appears to be the norm in all facilities I toured. Definitely appears they have the staff needed for the number of residents. For the most part, all seem to maintain an upbeat temperament and are good with the residents. With this being strictly memory care with total lock down, I feel much better knowing my family member will not be able to leave the building. Residents are kept active throughout the day. At this time, I am very happy with the living arrangements.