Ironwood Health & Rehabilitation Center - South Bend, IN

overmedicate residents and horrible care

Nobody seemed to have a clue about what was going on and it was twice the cost and it was incredibly frustrating. She had gotten beyond the point where she needed skilled nursing but of course nobody told me because I was paying the bill. We were jsut shocked when we saw the conditions. The doctor prescribed a list of medications as long as your arm for my mom that were incredibly expensive and she was comotase like most of the residents there were. They sent me bills with the medicaid copay for $1500 and I questioned that so I asked for an itemized list and between the medications and the rehab what they billed medicaid was almost $10,000: 30 sessions of occupational therapy (whatever that was), 30 sessions of physical therapy (whatever that was) for 100 per session and I don't imagine they were doing very darn much. There were so many people there and everytime I visited her she was in a wheelchair hunched over, half asleep as were most people there.