Normandy Park Assisted Living - Normandy Park, WA

Very nice and clean. Friendly staff.

The studio apartments are actually pretty big

There didn’t seem to be many people around when we took our tour. The residents that we did see were in the lobby, not talking, and it seemed like they were just parked there. However, we found out it was so empty because they had taken most of the residents to a Mariners game. The staff was very, very nice and the landscaping outside was wonderful. The inside was clean and the rooms they showed us were actually really nice too. They were studios but they were really big and bright. It was definitely a place that we could see Mom living in but the location itself just wasn’t ideal.

Had Considered Them Before

When I needed options for my dad we had looked at this community and really liked it but based on his care level needs at the time I didn't think this would be a good fit. But now this is the perfect place for my mom and her care level needs. She enjoys being here. The staff is very helpful and patient.They encourage the residents to attend different things that may be going on but they don't pressure the residents. They have medical staff on site. The food seems to be to my moms liking no complaints.

Offered a variety of food

When you enter the staff welcomes you in a pleasant and friendly manner. The community appeared to be clean and well maintained. We didn't have a meal here but I did look at a menu and it seemed to offer a variety of foods most of it appeared to be on the softer side. The staff seemed friendly and looked well groomed and professional. The location was good only a short drive from my home.

A community for care

This is wonderful for care. The staff was outstanding and friendly. They offered me a beverage. The cleanliness is outstanding. We liked the environment. Families would like the menu of the meals and the activities that are offered to the residents. We would recommend the care and the value for a loved one.

Great so far...

My mother moved here and things are going well. They meet her care needs and we are happy with this choice.

just okay. didn't seem compassionate. Seemed more about the business than the person.

Grandmother Is Happy

Everything is going very well for my grandmother. She has adjusted very well to the community. They are caring for her very well. I am pleased with everything they have done for us. They offer nice activities and good food. Overall I would recommend it.

Smaller facility which I liked, very convenient location. Newer building but there were cooking odors. Staff seemed friendly, couldn't tell about the residents. Did not appear to be very diverse.

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Normany Park assisted living has been a good one so far. I don't get the chance to visit often as I live out of state, but I have heard good things from my family members. I do really appreciate that they communicate openly and frequently about the status of your loved one.

A Wonderful Experience

My father passed away recently and we were looking for a good assisted living community for our mother. We contacted "A Place for Mom" and instantly we received a phone call from an advisor. She was very helpful and gave us 3 places to start with and recommended we look at Normandy Park Senior Living on 1st Avenue. She has heard very good things about it. We took mom there for a tour and she loved it. Everyone was so friendly. It was really clean and the halls were really wide. The Director at Normandy Park (Jill) was very nice and mom asked questions and she explained everything so mom could understand the benefits of living there. We had lunch in their dinning room while we were there. The food was wonderful. We still had to look at the other 2 communities but mom decided she didn't want to look at the other 2. She was really impressed with Normandy Park Senior Living. Mom has been there for 6 weeks now and she is very happy with the decision she made. We really didn't expect to get everything done so fast but everyone was so compassionate about our mom's situation and walked us through the whole process. We don't have to worry as much about our mom. We know she is in a safe environment and she loves it. We want to send them a Thank you so much for everything they did for us.

Cheri Duffey
Marcella Wilson (Mom)

Very light and bright. Safe...

Very light and bright. Safety rails line both sides of the halls but look like decorative molding. All the bars in the bathrooms are also grab bars. There were no noticeable odors. Memory care is available if the need should arise. Friendly staff and residents. Jill is very knowledgeable about the facility and senior housing. She answered all of our questions and invited us to call anytime if we have more. Plenty of activity for participation. The facility itself is a nice manageable size. Not overwhelming as some we have visited. Overall impression was that this facility is on the list to be of serious consideration. I'd like to give it 4.75 stars, but was not able to do so.

Normandy Park Assisted Living

Normandy Park Assisted Living was very helpful in getting my mother into a safe and nuturing environment after leaving a rehab facility and was no longer able to live indepedently. They worked with the family and made a placement for my mom immediately with the least amount of hassles. They were very helpful.

Look closer - sub par care

We had the same first impression as the previous reviewer, and actually did place our loved one there for awhile. Everything seemed great when the resident doesn't really need their "assistance" Very much. Then everything changes and they just want to get rid of the problem. I think it stems from the top. The director there seemingly just wants to deal with any issues by making them go away - as in telling the resident/family they should leave. We were also not impressed with the care supervisor (I think they call it wellness center). Medication charts were not up to date, there was confusion amongst the staff. The individual care givers were nice enough but training seems to be lacking. I understand they are building a memory care/expansion now. I hope the wellness center supervisor isn't in charge of that. Those residents have even more needs, and I think it would be a disaster. We are very happy that Dad is out of this facility.

The staff here was just awesome. The...

The staff here was just awesome. The rooms and the hallways were very large and the most space for the buck of all the spaces I have seen. The grounds are really nice and I was excited to see a nice number of male staff. I think that would be helpful for my Dad. This choice is at the top of my list.

An Independent and Assisted living community dedicated to promoting each
resident's independence, rights, choices and individuality. We believe
in providing our residents with the highest quality of life. Supporting
each area of their life with assistance as they request and allowing
them their independence as desired.