Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Just the place for dad!

Close to amenities - bank.drug store etc.

Not a huge residence- personalized

Staff excellent and caring , responsive

The Management and staff were very welcoming and the residents there seem very happy. The biggest downside of this facility is the access... the hallways are very tight and the semi-private room is small to say the least. His prospective roommate was very pleasant and tidy, but space is at a premium and with dad's oxygen equipment, walker etc there would be very little room to maneuver. Being on the top floor he would never get out if there were an emergency of any kind. The activities coordinator has a decent schedule posted and is busy coordinating costumes for their Halloween party. Sadly I don't think that Dad would be comfortable in the space available at this time.

My Dad

My father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and we needed somewhere where he could be looked after as he could no longer live on his own. When I toured Norfolk Manor I was very impressed on how happy everyone looked and how clean the place was. Once my father moved in and I visited him every day I was amazed at the care the staff gave him. On the day he passed away the staff on duty were so kind to us and let us stay with him all night.

They have been doing a great job.

They have been doing a great job. We are very happy with everything here. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I would rate them very highly and recommend them to others. We looked at a couple of different places and this one fit our needs the best.

It's really a great place.

It's really a great place. It's nice and small and intimate. They have activities all day long, they get the residents out. The food is actually pretty good. They were less expensive than the others we considered as well. We also liked the location.

It is extremely small & crowded because of the type of set-up of that community being a very old house converted. Since we were there during the lunch time, the halls are very very narrow just accomodating the width of a wheelchair. It was a very busy time & just a busy time for the residents. Mr. David Ing is very personable & we had a good time & lots of laughs & he my father hit it off right off the bat. My dad talked with residents as we ran into them on the tour which was a good thing so he was able to get some feedback about how they liked living there. No negative things were said. We saw two rooms....the one being taken in the time the tour was booked & us actually seeing it. This being a private with own bath...it was a very nice room & would be the preference for him. The other was a small private with a shared bath of 3 men...this is what is left at this time. We will pass on this one & wait for the other to come up...there is always something opening. He could do an internal move also once there. It was nice in that they provided furniture & bed if you want or not. Of course it is yours to make home. The dining room appeared to be small & no walkers allowed in there & everyone sitting at a table. It was small & cozy...they do two sittings to accomodate everyone...about 58 in total. I love the fact that it is downtown & close to all emenities....4 different denominations of churches, cafes, bistros, library etc. Its nice in the fact that they serve wine with the main meal being lunch. Also you can have your own stock in a bar which they will pour when it is opened. There is a lounge on each floor...we saw the 4th which was the "man cave" & the 3rd was Victorian & looked like the ladies "tea parlor". Overall the place is small, cozy & intimate which is nice & is pretty hard to get lost in which I like also. My dad's says the thing going for it is the location.