Palermo Village Retirement Residence - Oakville, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Palermo Retirement Residence

Could not be more pleased with the Palermo Retirement Residence. My Mother's transition was seamless, primarily due to the outstanding staff and friendly residents. Her apartment is very well appointed and kept clean. The meals are excellent, the facility has everything she needs. I would recommend this facility with no reservations.

Nice and clean, friendly, bright... very good amenities. We had lunch and we both enjoyed immensely...

" I JUST LOVE IT!!! "

After research and visits to 6 residences, I narrowed the choice to Palermo Village and 1 other home in Oakville which I thought would best meet mom's needs. After bringing her to tour both, she immediately decided that when she was ready for a move that she would choose her next home to be in Palermo Village in Oakville.
Her decision was based on the friendly welcome she received from both the staff and residents and how impressed she was with the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere (There is definitely a special energy at Palermo Village!), brightness throughout, décor and the beautiful suites. She also enjoyed the delicious meals served at both visits.
Mom has lived at Palermo for 2 months now. Her move and transition to her new home have gone very smoothly.
When we left mom the first night, we experienced that same feeling when you take your child to school for the first time; however, our concerns disappeared quickly , knowing that mom would be receiving excellent care and attention, especially throughout her first few days at Palermo. The entire staff have been very accommodating and helpful and the residents, very friendly.
When her suite was set up to her liking, it looked and felt like home! She enjoys all the light that pours into her suite through the large bright windows and doors and she especially enjoys her view of fields and the escarpment which she can see from her spacious balcony as well as from her living room, indoors.
Since her move to Palermo, Mom has become more active both physically and mentally. With mobility issues, she is enjoying not having to tackle climbing stairs and loves the freedom to wander both inside and out, taking short walks and enjoying the fresh air. She also enjoys participating in the variety of activities offered, as well as the social interaction with her new friends and family at Palermo.
Any issues (very few) encountered were related to miscommunication and were rectified quickly.

Knowing that mom is very happy in her new home, makes the entire family happy and gives us peace of mind.
In summary, I think mom's own words say it all! When asked how she likes living at Palermo Village Retirement Residence, Oakville, her response is always - " I JUST LOVE IT!!! ".

Home away from home

Very friendly and helpful staff made moving in easy. The choices on the menu in the dining room are really varied, so I enjoy the meals here. There are many services offered in the building, such as hairdressing and pedicure, so that there is no need to go out at all.

Excellent facility, loved it. The only negative for me was that it isn't in Burlington

Head and shoulders above the rest!!

When I was looking for a place for my mom, I found Palermo Village to be head and shoulders above the rest. It is a very clean and inviting environment. The staff and residents are very friendly. The food is excellent (especially the soup). Palermo Village is truly an all inclusive community.

The difference I found with Palermo was the overall environment - It's just the right size, staff and residents are welcoming, it is bright, staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. My mom said she would never, ever go into a retirement residence. Her health issues gave us no choice, however, she is now thriving there. This is the best move we could have made for her.