Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Likely the most truthful review.

I took my loved one out within the first six months of being there.
The food was was very well prepared and my love one enjoyed the meals provided.
It’s location is very good and easy to get to.
If you speak Portuguese, you have a good chance of being able to communicate there. There was no attempt to have my family member to integrate with the english speaking residents. My family member ate meals with residents who he could not speak with.
Activities were limited. If you want to join others to pray the rosary, it was done in Portuguese only. Exercise class was offered a few times a week. Other than that, there wasn’t much else going on.
The PSW’s on staff were very friendly. Very difficult to distinguish who was a PSW and who was a nurse.
They have no idea who is coming and going into the building, you can’t always find someone to talk to when needed. I actually moved my family member out of the room without anyone noticing as they were all in the basement.
They did a lot of renovations so it appears like a nice place initially but after a while if you spend time there, you notice that the quality is merely superficial.
Some non certified staff members have over stepped their boundaries with residents. This was eventually dealt with by the owner but only after I had gotten upset by what I had learned. I was told my family member was “losing it” and they defended their staff member instead of protecting my family member until their liability was at stake.
From that point on , my loved one did not feel welcomed and was disrespected. After losing so much so quickly due to a stroke, I was not prepared to have his dignity and self worth compromised so we ended our contract immediately.

Review of Vila Nova Place

Staff is very friendly and very helpful. Place is kept very clean.

Review of Vila Nova Place

Staff is very friendly and helpful

Very clean, Great people

Had a tour with my parents, we were very impressed the staff were very nice the rooms were over large compared to any others we had visited. The one bedroom suites were very updated with a queen bed and sofa sitting are. Spoke to the dietation and nurse on staff and we were very impressed with the food menus and the activities provided. Also met some long term resident's who only had pleasant comments about Vila Nova. Will definitely be coming back

Had tour...no communication and not satisfied with accomodations

Not a good place, very unorganized!!

First of all if you can get them to call you back you are lucky. I tried several times to get through at the listed number. When someone finally did set us up to see the place it was very disappointing. We walked right in a side door and saw nobody but patients sitting around. Not sure how much help they have here but none were seen. We went by front lobby where we met with a lady who said Maria could not meet with us but she would show us around. She showed us a semi room and a private room both had people in bed when we went through. The prices given were not the prices I was given over the phone! She also showed us where they eat and that was it! Never told us about activities or care or anything else. Will not give this place any consideration!!

Our family thinks it's just wonderful.

Our family thinks it's just wonderful. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's clean, and it's comfortable. The food is good, and the care is fantastic. My brother is so challenging, and they are so kind and caring, and patient. I don't think there is a lot of programming, and it's not fancy, but it's fabulous. It's lovely, the administrator Maria is second to none and she has wonderful people skills. We were assured that they could handle behaviors, and they were right. We knew it was the right place as soon as we walked in. We are so happy.

My first impression is that it was very nice.

I toured here with a friend. My first impression is that it was very nice. It was clean and lovely, and the staff were friendly. I didn't really have much to do with it past that point, but it made a good first impression.