Dundas Retirement Place - Dundas, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Keep on searching

Dundas retirement residence is no the place if you care about your family member. Very dirty, food is sparse, staff change more often than the bed sheets. No registered nurse on staff at night and on weekends. Residence are charged for medication delivery every other week, have to use their pharmacy. House doctor was never seen yet requested several times. This place needs a through cleaning and new management that care about their residence.

a place for everyone

i was so pleased with the family oriented place this place had to offer. freshly painted rooms, cleanliness was great. the staff was and is very helpful to my mother and father. a great place surrounded by lots of little shops, what a beautiful little town. so peaceful

Not a place to go if you love your family member

The Dundas Retirement Place made a lot of promises when mom came to a time that she required assistance to continue independent living. We waited a over a year and a half for her to see the house doctor and finally found a family doctor on our own. The staff kept saying they would put mom on the list to see the doctor but never saw them. The "weekly" cleaning of mom's room was lucky if it occurred once a month. we ended up cleaning the her room and bathroom on our own. The bedding was to be changed and cleaned weekly but only got done if we went in and changed it ourselves. Mom's laundry would get done weekly but only if she took it down and reminded the staff to do it. Mom required a walker to get around but for some reason her relatively new walker was lost and the staff replaced it with one that had no brakes. We contacted the administration with our concerns and were either ignored and got no response or lied too. Mom was self medicating using weekly blister packs but Several times mom's medications were not given and when we asked about them they had been left in the medication room or the blister pack was given to mom without any pills in it. I could continue with many more problems we encountered but will leave it there and highly not recommend this place for your loved one.

I had my mother on there and I was extremely happy with the service provided to her. The room was clean the building clean and staff was attentive to her needs. I stayed for dinner one evening and was very impressed with the meal.

If you don't have too, don't do it.

This place is understaffed and does not follow through with any of the things that were promised. Never see a doctor(been living in residence for 3 months) promise not fulfilled. Can never find anyone working cuz they only require 2 staff members. Was told there would be a nurse on staff, another LIE. She's a Psw not a nurse. I could go on and on but ill stop there. Very disappointed. [Removed] SHOULD REALLY RETHINK SUGGESTING this retirement home for your loved ones.

OUTSIDE OBSERVATION

Was in Dundas unit (MAIN ST) last week and noticed no recycle containers. Took peanut butter jar and water bottle to kitchen and staff threw in "GARBAGE". Also 2nd floor has strong " URINE SMELL" as you get off elevator. A new inmate([Removed])has hearing aids in constant repair and sometimes temporarily lost, missed his Friday supper of fish and chips(his favorite) and they would not provide any meal. For people with hearing problems can the staff please contact [Removed] and others when they do not show up for dinner after checking the sign out sheet? Maybe just for first 3 or 4 months. Also only cereal @ toast for breakfast. Sometimes the girls make porridge What ever happened to [email protected] and or pancakes ?good protein start for the day or ? I know this is "expense" assisted living but most people there, make this there home. Please advise on rumour that the home has new owners and service will improve. Regards

Not a brand new building, but units were clean and well kept. Staff was excellent to work with.

AVOID!!!

AWFUL. Do NOT let your loved one live there. No one contacts you or returns calls and they have had completely irresponsible staff (the one with whom I had experience has since moved to another home... beware). Of course, many were also quite lovely and professional but they work in a [removed] residence.

Great place to retire.

I was not certain how my mother would take to being in a retirement home, but after seeing her go to dinner with many of the other seniors I noticed a solid improvement in her appetite and general health.

I think that Dundas Retirement Place is the kind of residence that I would not mind being placed when my time comes.

[Removed]

I Couldn't Imagine Us Here

They were lovely but the place looked run down. I'm sure they would have good care. the tour was fine and they did everything they cud to make it look appealing. It could use a fresh paint. It had an overwhelming smell like bleach. The eating area was in basement that was very dark. The people who were running it were lovely. The hallways were narrow and I couldn't see my parents walking together, I couldn't see them there at all.

Worst Place Ever

My father was there for 2 weeks. When we met with the owner she showed us a private room that my dad would have. When I arrived with my dad that room wasn't available and he had to share a nasty room with another resident. I also found out a couple of days later from [Removed] that the place has bed bugs. The place smells really bad as soon as you walk in the door as well as the basement where the dining room is. The owner pretty much called me everyday complaining about my father. We was wandering and they were concerned for his safety. I get the part of them being worried but he always came back. I believe he was a burden for them and didn't want to deal with a little extra care. My father went by ambulance from the retirement home half way through the month. I asked for half the rent back and they were going to look at it and get back to me. They also said that normally it's a 30 day notice. Well we didn't ask to leave you basically kicked him out. If my dad doesn't get his money back I am definately contacting social media and others to get this resolved.

I cannot really provide a review.. My mom only spent 4 nights there .. She was then hospitalized and passed away.. It was a very short stay.. I can say however, the the manager Sophie was a god send, and a very sweet kind soul .. She is the reason I chose this home