Avista Sun City West - Sun City West, AZ

• Secure Memory Unit
  • Memory Care Services

New Dawn

I would recommend this facility to others. Overall I think they do a good job caring for the residents. I have to remember however that it is "assisted living" and sometimes feel like a little more help could be provided. I feel like I have to be vigilent at all times to make sure he receives the proper care. This would probably be the case anywhere, however, as no one else has your loved one's best interest at heart as much as you do. I do think that the people at New Dawn are compassionate and caring and do strive to do a good job.

Best Memory Care Resource EVER!!

Six months ago I had to place my relative in a Memory Care Center when they wouldn't allow her to be admitted to the hospital because they couldn't find anything physically wrong with her; but after a stay in the psych unit, she had forgotten how to walk and I couldn't lift her. At that time I was very grateful that an "ambulance-chaser" came into the ER and helped me arrange respite care and ultimately long-term care for her since I lived out-of-state and wasn't familiar with what services were available. Now that she is stabilized on meds, she expressed a desire for more privacy, less like she was "in prison", and more independence. A Place for Mom found 3 facilities that would meet those needs in different ways. After touring those, we knew when we set foot in New Dawn we had found a new home her. She has a private room, there are only 12 clients in each cottage (instead of 78 in one facility), she has her own furniture, can keep a stock of her favorite foods, have her own TV and watch shows she wants to watch, and yet have meals and social interactions with others she has formed friendships with. And New Dawn was willing to negotiate prices we could afford.
She is so much happier, and I am very grateful to have found a facility like New Dawn. The fact that it is within walking distance of her condo is just "icing on the cake"!

Met w/Travis 12/5, really n...

Met w/Travis 12/5, really nice facility, only one year old & great open concept gathering room for activities with dining room adjacent, very nice friendly vibe from staff & residents, staff/resident interaction was kind & friendly as they assisted or redirected, MUCH more expensive than others seen at this point (approx $7-7.5K vs under $5K for others) but they say they're willing to negotiate so we'll see, they are worth more than the others but this difference is not in our budget, on my hot list but not if we can't agree to much closer to $5K

Amazing Staff

They have some of the best staff working there as I've ever seen.

Avista Sun City West is a dedicated Memory Care community serving the residents of Sun City West and its surrounding areas. Built as three separate and secure cottages with 16 apartments each, you receive a smaller neighborhood feel while also sharing a common large backyard space for walking and enjoying nature. Each cottage has been designed with amazing dining, living and activity spaces to help make each day a meaningful one!