|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
National Lutheran Home is very nice.
National Lutheran Home is very nice. It's a very large building, I think something like three hundred rooms. The food was excellent, and they have a huge cafeteria. You can go and eat there yourself, it's not just for the residents, and it's kind of like gourmet food. I had one loved one who lived here for five years and another loved one that came for rehab. Which is also very good.
An amazing hidden gem
My mother moved in to this community (independent living) over a year ago. We love it! I cannot say enough good things about this place. The full time admin staff are engaged, enthusiastic, and respectful. Very accommodating, too, to the many "hiccups" we've had with my mom. Of the 12 palces I researched and/or visited in this area, this was the best in terms of buy in price (low compared to all else), quality for what you pay (on par with places 3 times more expensive), and true independence. There are no required meals, no paying $4,000/month in fees on top of buy in price for things you may not use. It is all very a la carte. Monthly fee we're paying is approx. $400 - unheard of any place else I checked. Yes, some of the buildings and rooms are older, but they are truly doing a space to space renovation. The new facilities are modern, top line. The independent living units are being remodeled from carpet to tiles to cabinets. The landscaping is established and filled in, not just newly planted seedlings, so the neighborhood feels like a neighborhood, not a facility. There are clubs, activities, and events for everyone. The residents all do seem to get along well and are a lively bunch. My mother is one of the younger ones there, but she still feels at home. There is a hairdresser and general practitioner office on site. The cafeteria is newly renovated and fine for the incredibly low price. Not gourmet dining, but certainly has options and is nutritious. I highly recommend this community, at least based on our independent living experience!
I have driven my Dad and my wife thro...
I have driven my Dad and my wife through the village and we all thought they were very nice, especially the cottages on the golf course. I need to get my Mom over there. I will contact them to determine what the availability of cottages.
The National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville . . . a century of helping, healing, caring.
NLHV is committed to providing excellent healthcare and quality of life for people 65 and older. The Health Care Facility addresses the needs of people seeking long term care; short term rehab to return home; or a trusted environment for caregivers needing respite assistance. Situated on a 30-acre campus nestled in a wooded landscape, NLHV is located in tranquil, beautiful and residential setting easily accessible from a major highway and 5 minutes from a local hospital.
The 300 bed facility features 80 percent private rooms and excellent rehab care. We only serve residents 65 and over so we have exceptional expertise in the special care needed for geriatric rehab. The independent Maryland Nursing Home Family Satisfaction Survey reports that 99 percent of our families would recommend our services to others. Open to residents of all faiths, NLHV offers a tradition of caring rooted in a century of ministry serving the Washington, D.C. and Montgomery County, Maryland community.
Rockville, Maryland, part of the Baltimore/Washington DC metropolitan area, is home to more than 61,000 residents. It's better than average walkability score, temperate climate, and abundant services and housing for older residents make it an ideal choice for seniors.
- Walkability score: Rockville has a walkability score of 54 and a transit score of 55, based on the city's excellent public transportation system.
- Median age in Rockville: The median age of Rockville residents is 38.7, with 14 percent of the residents being 65 years or older.
- Number of senior housing facilities in Rockville: There are more than 500 senior living facilities in Rockville.
- Average weather: Rockville is known for its hot, humid summers and cool, dry winters. The average high temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 85 in July.
- Veterans facilities in Rockville: There is a U.S. Veterans Outreach Center in Rockville as well as an office of the Commission on Veterans Affairs.
Rockville has an excellent public transportation system, with plentiful buses and trains that connect various parts of the city as well as connect Rockville to Baltimore, Washington, and other area cities.
- Buses: Maryland Transit Administration provides public bus service between Rockville and Baltimore/Washington International Airport and other points in south-central Maryland.
- Trains: Washington Metro's Red Line has two light rail stations in Rockville and provides service from Rockville to Washington and other parts of the greater DC area. Baltimore Light Rail also provides light rail service to Rockville.
- Taxis: Three taxi companies--Action Taxi, Montgomery County Taxicab and Taxi Rockville--serve Rockville residents.
- Ride Shares: Uber and Lyft are both active in the Rockville area.
Health and Safety
A relatively low crime rate and easy access to quality medical facilities give Rockville seniors a sense of security.
- Rockville hospitals: Shady Grove Medical Center is located in Rockville. In addition, world-renowned medical facilities, such as MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, are just a short drive away.
- Crime rate in Rockville: The crime rate in Rockville is 45 percent lower than the national average.
Sports and leisure
Rockville residents have a choice of numerous activities and fitness complexes to help keep them active.
- Nearby golf courses: The greater Washington DC area has scores of excellent public and private golf courses. There are three courses within the Rockville city limits--Red Gate Golf Course, Woodmont Country Club, and Lakewood Country Club.
- Nearby tennis courts: Broome Athletic Park is one of more than 100 places that offer tennis facilities in Rockville.
- Senior-friendly fitness centers in Rockville: Rockville has more than 50 fitness centers, the majority of which offer senior-friendly, low-impact exercise options.
Shopping and entertainment
Rockville residents need never be bored. There are plenty of things to see and do within a short walk or drive.
- Rockville attractions: Rockville attractions include Rock Creek Regional Park, Brookside Gardens and the Brookside Nature Center .
- Rockville grocery stores: Rockville is home to Food Lion, Safeway and a number of ethnic markets.
- Rockville clothing stores: Rockville offers a number of clothiers, from Uptown Cheapskate, a resale shop, to Target to Old Navy.
- Libraries: Rockville Memorial Library, Twinbrook Library, and Priddy Library are all located within the Rockville city limits.
- Luby's in Rockville: There is one Luby's location on Rockville Pike in Rockville.
- Other Rockville restaurants: In addition, Rockville is home to a myriad of restaurants, offering everything from classic American cuisine to Mexican food to Thai cuisine.
- Movie theaters: Regal Cinemas at Rockville Centre offers a multi-screen complex.
The majority of religious denominations are represented in Rockville.
- Churches in Rockville: There are 20 churches in Rockville, including Christ Episcopal Church, St. Mary's Catholic Church and Rockville Presbyterian Church.