Assisted Living of Potomac - Potomac, MD

So far so good

This place has been exactly what we had hoped for - at least so far. Dementia has claimed my sweet, shy, considerate mother and replaced her with an unhappy and often unpleasant old woman who tries one's patience. Rajinda has been a model of patience and kindness in helping my mother adjust to new surroundings. She has come from an assisted living institution which could no longer deal with her behavioral problems. Yet Raj is optimistic despite a rocky start. She keeps us (the family) informed and is always available to speak to us or to mom's doctors. We are all hopeful that mom will adjust under the kindly and capable guidance here. We know she loves the food!

This is a clean home and the caregivers were lovely!!!

Mom was only at this care home for a short time. I do not think they offered enough activities for my mom. This home has 3 floors and a chair lift. Unfortunately , mom was not able to use this. This was a nice care home it was just not a good fit for us. You don't really know about a place until you get in there. We did find a place where she has more interaction with other residents.

Nice place, great one on one care!

I think they're doing a great job at Assisted Living of Potomac. It is a smaller community, there are only about 8 residents total, and my loved one is getting a lot of one on one care here. It is not as noisy or busy as some of the larger communities we looked at, and seems to be a great fit for my loved one. The staff here are all very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean!

Unacceptable

I removed my mother from this home as the care was totally inadequate. My mother fell several times and was sent to the ER by herself when I was out of town. There was not a reasonable ratio of aides to residents. The owner will not return the money she owes me. I plan to take her to court.