Arden Courts of Potomac - Potomac, MD

Shining Stars

Aunt fell and broke kneecap for which she was taken to hospital for surgery. Was moved to ManorCare and Uncle was taken to ArdenCourts. [Name removed] was instrumental in helping us secure ManorCare for aunt. She stayed with us at hospital one night until 10:30 helping us go through the process and getting a placement for uncle. [Name removed] was instrumental in helping us through all the paperwork and processes for uncle. Both of these ladies were remarkable in all they did to assist us. When you are in crisis with elderly family who have no children, these are the kinds of people you need to help you through it. My brother and I very grateful for all they did and they kindnesses these two women showed us through all the processes that were needed. Thank you [name removed] and [name removed]. Kudos to you both!

For the best in a Memory Care Facility

I want to give an unequivocal shout out to Arden Courts Potomac. Five years ago, when my partner was diagnosed with dementia, I did all the reading I could, and attended all the seminars I could to understand that life sucking disease. I knew that at some point a care facility was a strong possibility. But, the thought of having to find a facility, and to move her there was daunting. When my partner took a sharp downward turn this past summer, I knew it was finally time to move her to a facility, and that I needed to move her in as soon as possible. Arden Courts had a room available, and I was able to get her in within three days. The efficiency of the process was a miracle, and the caring and supportive staff made the transition easier to bear. From the nursing staff, to the program director, to the aides, to the folks at the front desk, I truly feel that Arden Courts cares about the residents and their families. They review my partner’s care plan with me on a regular basis, and we work together to figure out what’s best for her. I highly recommend Arden Courts as a Memory Care facility for your loved one who is at the point of needing professional residential care.

Diamonds in the Rough

Our first experience was in Suburban Hospital where our aunt was taken after an injury. My uncle was with her. [Name removed] was excellent in keeping us calm and providing us with information to facilitate the needs of both aunt and uncle. Her needs were taken care of by the Hospital staff but his needs needed to be addressed also. An aide was pulled off the floor to assist with his safety. Our uncle was able to stay with our aunt for two nights (with his aide) but after two nights, he needed to be out. [Name removed] was fabulous. She kept calming and reassuring us that she would stay with us and guide us through paperwork and decisions that needed to be made. She stayed one night until 10:30 pm with us until our uncle could be checked out and transported to Arden Courts of Potomac. We were so relieved. Our aunt stayed a couple more days until she could be transported to the Manor Care for physical therapy.

Caring home

I have just been visiting a relative at Arden Courts Memory Care (not my first time), and I still remain very impressed. I come from and live in Montreal, and we have no such facilities that don't make me think " institution" when I enter. It feels and smells like a home, and the caregivers are seemingly caring and attentive. The activities are well-planned, even if not all residents are capable of participating. The stimulation is so important. I thank [names removed] for making me feel welcome and comfortable, as a visitor.

Trusted Memory Care Provider

Arden Courts of Potomac feels like home. The staff is caring and will go above and beyond for each resident. They not only have experience, but heart. They maintain open communication lines with families and professionals, which gives peace of mind to all. Dementia and memory care are difficult, but the team here maintains a positive perspective. They are ethical and honest. Residents and community smell clean and are well-loved. Look no further. This is my preferred memory care provider for those needing dementia services or care.

Ruined my dad

ruined my dad's life. over sold. Lead nurse never prepared and didn't have any up to date information regarding my father and what was happening. demanded that we supplement "care" there as well and my father continuously went hungry. we will never have him back to the way he was when he entered. do not trust this facility with anyone.

Lousy care

Smells of urine an feces. The poor residents look painfully sad wandering around. Appears to be little care given other then medication to keep my mother knocked out. I understand a 5 star assisted living facility will be built right next door. Can't wait to leave this sinking ship. Say away!

Assisted living standards need to change

My 5 STAR RATING IS BASED ONLY ON THE NEW DIRECTOR CHARLENE. They are on their 3rd director since my loved one has been in this facility. My opinion is they finally hired the proper director. She is experienced in the operational side and has worked in many areas. She is educated and committed to the residents care. Charlene has a strong sense of family and community. She communicates effectively to family members and staff. She is hands on,and spends quality and sincere time with the residents. She has a keen sense of the residents and staff. What more could one ask for in a director. Charlene's wisdom and inner as well as outer smiles are easily absorbed in the facility and among family members. She is easy to approach. Hopefully she will be recognized for her dedication, authenticity and work ethic.
My experience in the past 2 and half years at this facility has been less than average, due to lack of trust with the head of the nursing,and difficulty dealing with corporate( a help line doesnt get me to the proper people, and they remain behind the scenes collecting paychecks , not concerned about the customer thats paying big bucks).I
would like more money spent on music therapy which is a proven to enchance the spirits of my oved one. Everything is corporate, and by the time corporate is involved I have hired my own music therapist. In all fairness they did begin music therapy 2 x /month, which is not enough. Marketing threw a lavish reception for drs and social workers, with 4 valet parkers on site. This sent me over the edge. Food is horrific, all canned and frozen. Apparently there is a dietician, whom ive never seen.

Arden Courts of Potomac, conveniently located on a campus with ManorCare Health Services skilled nursing and rehabilitation, was designed exclusively for individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and related forms of dementia. Arden Courts offers all the services normally associated with a memory care community, however, the services have been modified to take into account the unique needs of the memory care resident. Special attention has been given to physical building layout, safety and decor. Modified activity and food service programs focus on preferences, abilities and, most importantly, maintaining independence for as long as possible. Residents are encouraged to continue whatever activities they were used to doing at home - setting the table or preparing for dinner, doing laundry, gardening in the backyard, or going out for social and community activities. All this is accomplished in a warm, friendly, familiar and safe setting supervised by people specially trained to care for those living with memory loss.