Muskoka Hills Retirement Villa - Bracebridge, ON

Caring is not at the upper management level

The building is great. Bright and cheery.
The nurses are amazing. Friendly and caring.
The food is good. Home cooked and fresh.
It's only because of these three aspects I am giving it one star.

The administration - HORRIBLE. Don't even expect to actually talk to the Executive Director, [Removed] especially when they are in the wrong. Like when important paperwork is not filed thus causing grief and turmoil for the family.

The owners are totally hands off and don't really seem to care what happens at the retirement home as long as they are making money.

If you are considering a place for loved ones I would NOT select Muskoka Hills if you are looking for a caring community from the top down. The top doesn't care - they are just in it to make a dollar. When they make a huge error and won't even provide you with a phone call or email to say "we are in the wrong and we are sorry" it really isn't good business.

The only reason to go is to let them know about their poor attitude and service.

If you want to see your kids again - don't go here.

Muskoka Hills barred my mother from wishing her father (my grandfather) goodbye as he was being moved out of the retirement home to another location. They do have the right to tell people to get off their property but they were two-faced in this matter - one moment allowing us to visit and the next minute telling us to get off the property. If they deny that they did this my uncle has proof that we were ejected from the property for trying to see our grandparents / parents. My grandparents are no longer at Muskoka Hills (I do not currently know where they are) so there is no point going there. But I do recommend that you don't visit this place or convince your grandparents / parents that this is a good retirement home. You may not be allowed to visit them. [Removed] is the office admin there and she is a two-faced piece of work.

We toured the location with our family and they gave us a complementary dinner in their Muskoka dining room. We were very impressed with their service and staff. Our father will love it here. The rooms are economical.