One Kenton Place - North York, ON

Very impressed. Will seriously consider.

Terrible Experience!!!!!!

This place is not your grandmother's retirement home. I suggest hiring a live-in aid is better than putting your loved ones in a nursing facility like so. Staying in their home in a familiar place can be a much more positive experience for them until they are in need of palliative care.
Staff at this facility are unpleasant.

Review of One Kenton Place North York, ON

One Kenton Place is a nice facility. The staff is caring and very accommodating. There were a few minor issues in the beginning, but nothing that was bad at all. Overall, we are pleased with the care provided here.

A true blessing

One Kenton Place was a blessing to our family at a time when we were overwhelmed and truly stressed.

Although our mother only spent one week at One Kenton Place before she passed, the staff was wonderful, supportive and understanding at all times.

It was our hope that mom would have had more time, and we were confident that One Kenton Place was the right facility for her.

Our only regret is that we did not find One Kenton Place sooner.

Greatly disappointed!

This facility is really not equipped to deal with my Dads health issues, tracheotomy and feeding tube. The day nurse was resistant to training. There's not enough staff to care for his issues. They rely heavily on CCAC psws for his care despite the high fees they charge. Personal care and toileting have to wait for the visit of CCAC. Although cleaned for normal use they do not provide the extra daily cleaning needed of washroom facilities or hand washing needed for preventing the spread of bacteria for a tracheotomy patient. There was little effort to meet with us to set up a care plan and in the end the care plan was designed to suit the facility NOT the needs of my Dad who was forced to change a daily regimen he had for 4 years. Instead of working with us the Care Director would instead argue with us and try to implement her own idea of care. Some staff very good kind people but poorly organized system with great variances on a day to day basis of how residents are cared for. Poor training for psws, the few they have as most are students or CCAC.
They seem to have a problem with supporting proper hydration for residents. They lied to the dietician about how much water my Dad was getting in an effort to reduce his water administered despite the fact he has kidney stones and requires a good water intake. Other residents get one little glass of juice with meals. I had to bring in a water bottle for my Mum to try to enforce her getting adequate water.
Overall I am worried about my Dads care there and feel they should not have mislead us into thinking they could provide the proper care levels he needed. My Mum is now getting CCAC help in the morning and evening so they are providing very little care for her.
Overall very expensive and not worth the money. Also an environment of dishonesty in dealing with them.

Pleasant environment with a personal touch

From the first time I visited One Kenton Place, I knew that it was the best home for my mother, who suffers from dementia, and I was never disappointed. I'm most impressed by the staff who treat all the residents with kindness and patience. The environment is calm, clean and bright and, most of all, whenever I visit, my mother is cheerful and content.