Glen Park West - Glendale, CA

Since 1968, Glen Park has been committed to helping seniors live a life full of individuality and purpose by providing Assisted Living services and caring for those with memory impairments relating to Alzheimer’s and Dementia.

This place seemed great. The tenants seemed happy and involved and the caregivers were all very pleasant. My only concern was the cost.

Great place for mom

This is the 3rd assisted living facility my mom has been in, and it is seems, after one week, to be the best. She seems well cared for. The staff is attentive and the place has a friendly, active vibe. The environment is lovely (although I'm not sure that matters to my mom). My one complaint is that I have to pay for gloves for her caregivers. Everywhere else, they are provided by the establishment.

Memory care

We live out of state but had a reliable witness visit the memory care unit where our Mother is residing. They said the facility is clean but there seemed to be no activities and no advocate for patients with no family nearby. We thought there would be more care and personal attention.

Very pleased!

My loved one has been at the Glen Park for many years now and it is a good place, I would recommend it. It is good for people who are looking for something that's on a schedule. They have assigned seats in the dining room and they seem to really care about their residents. It has been a good fit for her.

Not Within Our Price Range

On my tour of the community I got to see a very, very nice place. It was clean but a little over our price range. However I got an excellent tour and they were good at showing me everything. It went well for the experience.

Wonderful Care

My sister is very with the care of the this community. They do offer her to participate with others in activities, but she finds it hard to interact with some of the other residents. She is happy with the variety of meals that are offered. The community is very clean and maintained. We feel that this is a excellent value and care and would highly recommend it to other families.

[Removed] was great. Long time staff, all seemed great. Clean, Good enough. Heavy on the Xmas decor.

Well kept community!

The tour my loved one and I received was excellent, the staff was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of useful information about there community as well as answered any questions in detailed we had for them. The facility was nicely maintained and very clean.

Great Care!

I would recommend this community for the excellent care for loved ones. We really like all of the staff that are very helpful. They offer a good variety of good meals. There are activities for those who want to participate.

Large Community !!

Our experience with this community during our tour was excellent. The staff was all very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of important information and details about the services they provided. I would recommend this place to any family member or friend in need of assisted living.

Home for Mom

We are very pleased with the staff, the facility and the environment for our loved one. They helped us move her in and assisted us with the parking problem by having us purchase a remote for the underground parking. That's the only problem with this facility there is not enough on street parking.

Family Owned Community!!

The Glen Park West is a small community owned by a family. The people are really friendly there. At the moment my loved one has been enjoying the meals. The meals are full meals with dessert at the end. I feel like the community is keeping them safe. I have no complaints about the cleanliness so far it has been clean. There are service dogs in the community that are loose around if residents want to pet them.

The right place for us!

They offer daily activities and the staff are good at encouraging my mom to participate. The staff are doing a good job. The food is good and they offer a variety of healthy choices. The community is kept clean and I would recommend it.

Mutual Respect and Professionalism - Love this place

Our parent has lived at this facility for over a year. We visited many facilities within a 40 mile radius including small group homes, large assisted living in both city and suburbs. We have placed other family members or had short respite stays, so we have recent experiance. The administration and management of this facility are top notch. The staff are hard working and most are kind and go out of their way. It is CLEAN ! The food is very good, fresh ingredients and a varied menu. Many of the ground level staff are not fluently bilingual in english, this is difficult for hard of hearing seniors, but their heart makes up for it. Many languages are spoken on this staff, Armenian, Spanish, Farsi, Arabic are a few I have recognized. This is an asset and helps facilitate communication. Most care facilities are understaffed or under trained with staff constantly rotating in and out due to low pay. While this is also the case to some degree here, they do a great job in hiring, managing and communicating with staff. It appears that they support their staff both in morale and financially, but there is always room for supporting the workers on the battle front wo do the most difficult and dirty work. Given the price point, it is run really well, if it were $9,000 a month we would expect more. It is clear that admn and management continue to strive to bring quality care, even in difficult and complex times and situations, be that individual or the economy at large. I also appreciate that they try to mainain a blend of guests that will gell and become community, support one another, be kind and civil. They keep a balanced ratio of healthier pleasant guests with a sprinkling of guests whose needs become greater or who who become more grumpy or less compliant.Guests are also from a wide spectrum of back grounds be that race,socioeconomic, age, health needs. We love the diversity and have found it stimulating, interesting and full of life! If you have spent any amont of time in assisted living facilities, you will especially appreciate this. Glen park Mariposa has a great feel. We have had glitches of course, caring for a loved one is complex and nuanced, , but issues and concerns are always addressed with mutual respect and professionalism. Solutions or creative compromises are found. You can't ask for more than that.

A caring, warm environment

My Mom has been amazingly well cared for at this lovely place. The staff are very caring and kind; the atmosphere is clean and inviting; and there are lots of activities. She has been much happier here than at a prior facility where she lived before. The home always decorates for every holiday, and they have tons of spirit and esprit de corp. The quality of daily life, especially for folks with memory care needs, is terrific.

Great experience overall

This facility has a very professional and efficient staff. The building is always clean and well kept. Everyone here down to the maintenance staff is always helpful and friendly. So far, the overall experience has been great.

Very Kind People

The staff is really kind and helpful. They respond quickly to every request and the place is very clean. They make a strong effort to include everyone and place people at tables with people they would get along with. They have a fresh juice bar and lots of activities. They are a great value for the money, family run and there is no corporate feel. I'm really happy with the selection.

very pleased

Overall it has been a really good experience. We are really happy with the facility and the care we have received. They have been very responsive to all our needs and concerns. We have had a much better experience with Glen Park West than with previous places we have experienced. Overall we are really very pleased.

Overall Great Experience

I have no negative comments about the Facility. Overall the Experience was Satisfactory.

My experience with Glen Park West has...

My experience with Glen Park West has been ok. Not the best, but ok. The staff, facility, and care is just ok. Still filling them out right now.

The Glen Park West was very...

The Glen Park West was very open air and everyone was very friendly. More people about. Rooms nice. Charlotte said it takes five to six months for Medi cal to set in. Charlotte also said mom could move in and we could pay the difference until it kicked in. My sister said she'd help out but I need to text her.

The whole experience has been wonderful.

The whole experience has been wonderful. My loved one is happy in her new home. We are very happy with Glen Park West.

They were the best value for the dollar.

We had some very good things to say about the staff and the facility. She was in the least secure area, and wandered off several times. She is in the more secured side, now. There has only been one escape since she has been on this side. They are pretty professional, and the staff is very nice, and they keep it very clean. They are updating the less secure side, to have better security. The people in the higher security side, is kind of depressing. They are always doing activities, they have healthy snacks. They have doctors on staff, that are very open to different treatments. They have some good people. They have helped my stress level a lot. There is one caretaker that every time I see him he is on his cell phone, I would like to see him engage with the residents a little more.

We are very happy with it.

We are very happy with it. They are very clean and friendly. They are very responsive to care needs. They call me right away if anything happens, the communication is great. They have a good variety of things to do. The food is really good, she likes it. I think they even work with the wavier program. It's great.

Can be a surprise

They will up sell you and charge you quite a bit more money than they initially tell you that they’ll charge. My loved one is there with the understanding that they had a proper memory care service. They said they would be able to care for my loved one. The memory care cost more than the regular staff - that’s fine. After my loved one moved in they wanted to add one-on-one care.

Nice facility. Family owned...

Nice facility. Family owned. Not the right fit for mom unfortunately.

I believe Brenda gave me a...

I believe Brenda gave me a very brief tour of the facility. I do like the fact that they will prepare vegetarian meals and they only serve alkaline water from a Kangen machine. I've had one for five years.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

My father fell, they didn't tell me, he fell again, and they did tell me, but the DOCTOR was the one who finally told me that there was evidence that he had fallen previously. When they called about the second fall, they said he had a small bump on his head. When we got there, he had two black eyes, a HUGE bump, and a missing tooth. While he was in the hospital, the director EMAILED me to tell me that he couldn't come back. I think they thought they could get away will all this because I lived in a different county and couldn't visit all the time to make sure they were doing their jobs. Every time I did visit, they constantly complained about how much he walked around, and I think they were doping him up to get him to stop being so active and alert. He was on 2.3 mg of amlodipine prior to coming there, but their in house doctor had put him on 10. Probably why he kept falling!!! That was just one. They got every single prescription wrong. Their physician would just come around and prescribe whatever, and they never called us about it. They kept saying they were doing us a favor by charging us $3000 a month. I was the one who paid the bill, but when I was out of town and couldn't pay on the exact date, (they don't accept credit cards via phone - and I had told them about my vacation prior to leaving) my sister came to visit, and they told her that if she didn't pay my dad would be out of there. I have nothing nice to say about them.

Good Community

Glen Park West is fine. They are a good community. They seem to be taking care of our loved one just fine. The people are nice and they maintain a clean community. So far we have been pleased with them and haven't had any complaints.

Our experience has been good

Glen Park West is an independent living facility where residents can come and go as they please, some even have cars. We chose Glen Park West because they also offer an assisted living facility Glen Park East that has more staff caring for residents. If a resident wanders outside an alarm will sound. It is nice not to have to move a loved one to a whole new facility if they require more care, which was our primary reason for chosing Glen Park. Glen Park was a lot better than the other facilities we toured, one had absolutely no activities that they offered, and the other was nice and cheaper than Glen Park but did not offer the same array of services. Glen Park is a great facility and so far worked out good for us.

She sounds very nice and friendly!

She sounds very nice and friendly!