Foothill Retirement - Tujunga, CA

Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood surrounded by the Glendale foothills, Foothill Retirement offers Independent and Assisted Living as well as a Memory Care Community specializing in Cognitive Disorders and Dementia.
We have a variety of suite styles available with options for private or companion living.
Foothill provides a gracious and charming setting that is designed to make life comfortable, free from everyday chores that often become burdensome as one grows older.
There are inviting community spaces with spacious seating areas, large flat panel televisions, a library and comfortable places for friends and family to visit.
Foothill is on over an acre of beautifully landscaped grounds with courtyards and patios, rose gardens, fruit trees, fountains and unobstructed views of the surrounding mountains.
A rich array of social, cultural, physical and purposeful activities are provided daily. Sustaining our residents wellness is the goal at Foothill Retirement.

Friendly staff. Building looks more like a private home thin an assisted living place. Great backyard.

There was a waiting list

This community would have been my first choice, the staff did a great job with my tour, they took their time showing me around and answering all my questions and I felt that this would have been a good fit for my uncle. But there was a waiting list. I would recommend you do a tour of this community.

Review of Foothill Retirement - Tujunga, CA

My husband has been here for several months. I am very impressed with many things. The caregivers are positive, compassionate, helpful. Management people are totally competent and professional. Food is well planned, nutritious, and presented nicely. Recreational activities look like fun and they are frequent. The facility is always clean and smells good! I have NO complaints.

Review of Foothill Retirement - Tujunga, CA

I have my father here and I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff are so caring and they treat my dad as if he were their own dad. He is always clean and checked on throughout the day. He has been here for over two years, and I have no plans on moving him. Excellent grounds, Keep up the good work!

Review of Foothill Retirement - Tujunga, CA

Fantastic Place! We brought our mom here to the memory care unit. She is doing so well here! The food is fantastic, very tasty. The medical staff is always on top of mom's physical needs. the rooms are clean and decorated for each holiday! Everyone on the staff is kind, caring, and nurturing! We love it here!

Review of Foothill Retirement - Tujunga, CA

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this facility. The staff truly care about their residents, and they are very attentive to my mom's needs. When I have a concern, the staff really works with me to find the best solution. They have many wonderful events and programs for the residents, and the building is always neat and clean with fresh flowers. The staff is the best and always greet you with a smile.

Such a wonderful place. I looked at other communities, and Foothill was the place by which I judged all others. The staff is friendly and attentive. The facility and grounds are always immaculate. The location is amazing. I didn't hesitate to place my mother here. I know she's being well cared for.

Foothill Retirement

I visited Foothill looking for placement for my mother. They don't have room availability now and I can see why -- friendly staff -- clean -- water color class going on when I was there -- beautiful building -- reminiscent of Santa Barbara. LOVELY!

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Foothill Retirement. My loved one seems to be settling in well! They've been very accommodating throughout the whole move-in process. They were able to take her in, as well as both of her pets, which was very important to her. I don't get to visit often, as I am out of state, but I hear very good things from her!

They are excellent

We moved my mother here from another facility and we have been very pleased. They are excellent at communicating, always keeping us informed of how mom is doing, and very good at responding to our needs. I am very satisfied with how they are handling her medications. The grounds there are lovely. There is a lot of good outdoor space and it is very open. They also have much better activities here than they did at the previous place she was at.

extremely friendly and helpful

They are extremely friendly and helpful. They have everything up on a wall where you can see exactly what is going on, what is planned, etc. They have a lot of really good activities, which is great because my mother likes to stay busy. She likes to work in the beautiful garden they have there. It has really just been a very positive experience all the way around.

Review of Foothill Retirement in Tujunga, CA

Excellent surrounding, courteous and efficient staff! 5 star overall rating! I will probably end up here myself.

great

From the initial evaluation, to the check in, all the way up to now, everything with Foothill Retirement has been great. Everybody there has been very professional and courteous and they are taking really great care of my dad. It has been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend them.

Small and quaint, but rooms are small. Feels isolated.

wonderful!

They have just been wonderful! The experience that we had with them was very good. I had my uncle and his dog that I was trying to find a place for and they have the best setup for him and his dog. They made sure that the place and the yard for the dog was secure. They have just been super nice and incredibly helpful. They could not have been any nicer and accommodating.

Nice looking place, overall!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options. I thought this was a very nice looking place! However, when we toured a second time the room they had available would have been too small.

A Foothill Retirement Review

The facility was always clean.
The Staff was very friendly and in constant communication with our family.
The staff was extremely proactive with their care.
Foothill Retirement also provided transportation which was a big help.

If there were 10 stars for a business, I would give them 11.

If there were 10 stars for a business, I would give them 11. They are a great facility with great people. It's the kind of place that you walk into and know, this is home. End of search. We are very happy and love it!

It was good, very nice. We are pretty happy with it.

It was good, very nice. We are pretty happy with it. There isn't anything that I can think of that needs to be improved or done better. It is working out so far.

Looking for the right place for your parent

I couldn't be happier. I needed to find a place for our father after he was being released from a skilled nursing home. So I gave "A Place For Mom" a call and spoke with the nicest lady that gave me some wonderful information and advice on what to do next, she also checked availability and the different options we could do for our father after having a stroke. She arranged with many facilities in our driving range to call me so I could set up appointments at my convenience to go meet with the different homes/Assistant Living and Care Givers. Our father has been placed in Foothill Retirement for now in the hopes to bring him home down the road, but for now this place is the perfect fit for dad. I just have to say the staff at Foothill Retirement are wonderful, genuine and honestly care about the people they are taking care of and he is liking the food too and the grounds are very well kept. Keep up the good work "A Place For Mom" and "Foothill Retirement"!!!!

Good, but read the contract.....

The care is great, my father in law also loves the food, lol, that is important too!
They really worked with us to get him into a room that he felt comfy in as well.
The only thing I'd caution is to really read your contract, we had told them from the beginning that this would be a 1 to 2 month stay, we didn't realize that they ALSO needed a written 30 day notice so now we have to pay for an extra month and Dad wants to go home.....
Someone there also told him he needed a Dr's OK to leave, this is not true, he signed himself in and can sign himself out and that's what his Doc said!

Beautiful old world charm. ...

Beautiful old world charm. Well maintained and clean. Lots of activities and a wonderful caring and knowledgeable staff interested in their residents well being.

Food and care seemed good. Director w...

Food and care seemed good. Director was very helpful.

Best for singles; not really equipped...

Best for singles; not really equipped for a couple. A bit funky, but in a nice setting. Accommodations are humble.