Mountain View Assisted Living and Memory Care - Ukiah, CA

Located in the heart of Ukiah and nestled in the Yokayo

Valley, Mountain View Assisted Living and Memory Care

Community offers a lifestyle that meets your unique needs.

With proximity to Mendocino County’s redwood forests,

wine country and restorative hot springs, this peaceful

and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home.

Featuring Assisted Living and In Touch® Memory Care,

Mountain View provides a nurturing environment designed to

support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.

Everything You Need to Feel at Home

Blending assistance with activities of daily life and supportive health and well-being programs, Mountain View offers specialized services to fulfill your individual needs. Our licensed assisted living care program helps residents maintain active, comfortable lives, supported with dignity as their needs grow and change. And, for residents requiring special care, our award-winning InTouch® Memory Care Program assures personalized attention tailored to bettering the lives and experiences of our residents and their families. At Mountain View your comfort and well-being always comes first.

Management and caregivers are great! The community is very clean and the residents are very nice. Food is great and they have gone out of their way to make my mom's transition very smooth. Congrats to the whole staff from [Removed] the Director on down.

Nice tour

We had a nice tour of Mountain View Assisted Living and Memory Care. The staff answered all of the questions we had. It was a clean and well-kept community. It seemed a little too quiet for what we were looking for, it didn't seem like there was enough staff interaction with the residents.

Corporate should be ashamed!

I have lived in Ukiah for 30 years and have worked in the medical community for over a decade, I am well aware of Mountain View Assisted Living. Being the only of its kind in the area, Mountain View has struggled; I know of three families now that are looking to relocate loved ones! While the staff that works there for the most part are wonderful people, the leadership of Corporate America needs some work. They seem to have a very difficult time keeping leadership in the building. The end of last year they were making head way in the community. Mountain View was lead by a woman named [Removed], that was making strides in the perception of the community. She was not "corporate", she had a genuine love for the building and the residents that occupied it. This was the first time that the medical community had taken note! She had taken over a building that was in serious distress locally, and began to make people re-think their stance. At some point this year she disappeared. I have heard through the grape-vine it was a "corporate" decision. They apparently don't know what they had, because since then they have fallen more from grace than ever before. Mountain View is lovely, the people that work there are angels; but whoever is responsible for that territory doesn't know how to mentor its leadership, and see the gold through the shadows. I hope they can find an equivalent replacement someday, or they are going to continue to see a harsh community perception. For [Removed]; I hope she has moved on and found a place that prizes community, respect, resident first mentality, and a corporation that can see the forest through the trees. For a building that prizes their website on resident satisfaction and community; they perhaps should find/keep leadership that promotes and lives that philosophy.

I would recommend this community.

They offer a daily exercise class that dad likes to participate in. They have outings to some places including stores, dinner or the movies. They have a house dog and the residents are also able to have pets. The community is well maintained and very nice. Dad seems to like the food. They offer transportation to doctor's appointments. The staff are friendly and attentive.

Great care

This is a excellent community with good care. The staff is great and very caring and patient. They do a little activities. The community is very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this good care to others.

Average Community

Things have been going pretty well for my sister and her husband since their move into this community. This community was the only memory care place in town, and based off their website I chose to move my sister here. So far things are going good, my sister has participated in a few activities for the residents and has a nice two bedroom apartment. Food has been a small issue because my sister is a cook and she can be picky. This community is not too fancy looking, but overall it is a nice community.

Unbelievably Helpful

The big is that when we were looking for a place, they were unbelievably helpful. They were positive and upbeat in a tough situation. They gave us all the information we needed and they walked us through the process and got my loved one settled and it was a blessing to have them.

We toured the facility. Drew was our tour guide she shows the studio & 1 bedroom units. But our loved one passed.

beautiful place

I really like Mountain View Assisted Living and Memory Care. I am currently moving my mother out solely for financial reasons as we can not afford it on a regular basis, but they have really been great. It is a beautiful facility. The staff there is incredible. I plan to move her back in there at some point when the additional care they offer is needed, and I would highly recommend them.

This is an excellent place

My father-in-law has only been at Mtn. View Memory Care for a week, but he is happy, even told my husband it was the right thing to do to place him there.

The staff, from admin to aids has been wonderful.

My only low rating was on cleanliness, because the bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned before we moved him in. The cubbies and the bathroom counter had some grunge on them. The floor around the toilet didn't look to clean, but it might be staining, so I would not claim that it was dirty.

Even with that, there is no urine odor throughout the entire facility - that is a MAJOR plus.

cannot afford memory care cost a this...

cannot afford memory care cost a this time. Good choice if can afford.

The main facility was lovely but the ...

The main facility was lovely but the memory care section was depressing.