Mountain View Alzheimer's Center - Claremont, CA

Mom's final days

My Mom was only there for 4 days in hospice and I wish we would have placed her there earlier. She got wonderful care! The nurses and other assistants were always happy and you could tell that they enjoyed their jobs. It all made for a wonderful atmosphere. So happy my Mom spent her final days in such a caring, clean, happy, peaceful facility!

I just wanted to take this time to say THANKS to the staff of Mountain View Center for the hard work and dedication they have for their residents.
My husband was admitted to Mountain View Center on March 28, 2014, and this place has been a blessing for him and our family. Mountain View caregivers really do care about the residents here. They treat them with love and respect and believe in doing what is best for the resident at all times. In otherwards, Mountain View Center's residents come first.
I also want to say a special thanks to the following caregivers:
LAURA
COCO
JUAN
DEMITRY
These individuals are the caregivers who care for my husband.

My mother, has been a resident of Mountain View Center Alzheimer's Care Facility for 5 years. She came here at the age of 92. She has dementia and the general difficulties that come with aging. We had her at another facility, but mom loves to walk and would often wander off. My brother and I visited quite a few places and were not impressed with the services offered. After visiting MVCenters, it clicked with our needs and the rest is history. What I like most is how easily accessible the care staff is. All my questions get answered and that really puts my mind at ease. All in all, my mum is happy and that makes me happy to know that whatever is left of her time is going to be peaceful. They treat her so nicely, and everyone is so sweet!

Contented Daughter!

Thank you!

My sister/sister in law, lives here at Mt. View. We are very satisfied with the overall love and care she receives from this staff. The Staff at Mt. View truly loves and cares for each of the patients. We are truly blessed to have found this location for our sister/sister-in law.

Thank you!

Mountain View Center was the best solution for my husband's condition. The set up is ideal for freedom of movement inside and outside. The large outdoor patio area and grounds, coupled with the open doors, encourage a great amount of walking and outdoor activities. It is also secured and very difficult for a resident to escape the compound.

We researched a lot of facilities before deciding on MVC. First we placed Bill in a lovely place that promised proper care for his specific type of needs. Two weeks later he was evicted because the staff there could no longer manage his aggression, and his ability to escape from the compound. Because Bill had exhibited aggressive and combative behavior, and because we wanted to find the most appropriate residence. We were guided to Mountain View because they have the physical environment and the skilled staff to handle Bill's needs.

The big plus for the residents of Mountain View Center is the love and attention the caregiver's give to residents and their visiting guests. The caregiver's shakes hands and hug the residents. They play games wit them. Music is a big part of the atmosphere. They sing, dance, and participate in Karaoke. Anytime I walk in, I may find everyone chasing balloons around the living room area, or tossing soft snowballs around to each other. Often when the medication is dispensed, the caregiver will dance over to the resident who is receiving the mediation. After the medications are taken, the caregiver will kiss the resident to add a playful, light atmosphere and a soothing touch. The caregivers at Mountain View Center exhibit a calm and careful attitude in all situations involving the residents.

In summary, there are two wonderful, positive factors about the Mountain View Center experience. First, I like the feel of the loving and caring caregivers. Second, I think the open doors in-and-out feature of the facility building is a freeing experience for all the residents there. I highly recommend Mountain View Center for anyone seeking good care for their loved ones.

Mountain View Center

Great to hear your feedback!

I am looking at options for my aging grandma who is prone to episodes of forgetfulness. It was a fun facility to tour. I toured this place on Jan 7th 2015. I met with the administrators and owner - Smita. The location is perfect. The facility was clean, spacious, well lit and rather homey. I got to meet a few residents. My visit wasn't scheduled, so what I saw is what I got. I liked that the staff was involved, the residents were very chatty and that was encouraging. The grounds were neat and well kept. There was a man who really wanted to get out and kept knocking on the door. The staff were very good at redirecting him and very patient. This I found to be a plus, no one want to worry about how their loved one are being treated. The rooms were comfy, at the end of the day this is not a 4 seasons, it was just like home - Comfy and affordable!

I liked this location because it is close to me. I noticed family coming in and out to visit their loved ones. I am told some come daily, so that was encouraging to know I can visit when I want.

It was snack time when I came, so people were busy eating and it all looked good. I had a piece of fruit too :). The pricing was very good too, much more affordable at $3700 than other places I have seen that cost $7000 plus per month!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. It is not an easy decision to make, but it is good to know that there are good facilities out there.

Mountain View Center

Thank you for addressing the affordability. We aim to keep our care costs at a competitive level.

A Suitable Place and A Free Concert To Boot

On Friday Jan 23rd 2015, I had the opportunity to tour Mountain View Centers. I visited 5 locations, one in Claremont, Covina and 3 in Diamond Bar. I am doing the legwork for my my out of town parents, who need to find a place for my Grandma. First I must say the visits were impromptu, no fair warning. It was rather organic because she had been to each of these facilities earlier in the day, so they were curious about the double visits. I found that the administration very accommodating and knowledgeable. I was lucky to find the owner, Smita and she is the one who took me around. I found that the facilities were rather clean, no strange smells, the residents were rather friendly, I got to chat with a few of them. One shared her love for God, another wanted to know just about everything she could about me - who doesn't like that? The residents were quite chatty, I liked that a lot. In fact at one of the Diamond Bar Locations I was regaled with piano concert by one of their Downs' Syndrome residents. He played Moonlight Sonata. It was remarkable. I can't play the piano. I was impressed. The Staff were quite engaged with residents, you could tell that the rapport was good. At two of the places, family came at will and took their relatives on a walk, I liked that very much as I would like to visit granny too, and it needs to work around my schedule.

The only thing is that the facilities are dated, but that probably works well for my grandmas generation because it's all stuff they are familiar with. Truth be told, it looked like my granny's place. I am sure that the Claremont location will suit our needs very well.

Thank you!

At Mountain View, the positive outwe...

At Mountain View, the positive outweighs the negative.

Our loved one has adjusted well to Mountain View and is thriving. They are happy, singing and more importantly bathed, dressed and clean. We visit at various hours of the day during the week and “pop- in” unannounced regularly. The staff appears to be loving and kind to each resident. We have visited during meal times and the food is delivered directly from the kitchen to the dining table. We have witnessed residents giving staff a difficult time and the staff handles the situation with patience and kindness. Our family has taken the time to establish a relationship with each of the care-providers in order to work together as a quality care-giving team. This has definitely achieved a more positive outcome.

Our family member has been a resident for over one year. In the beginning it was difficult. Aesthetically the place is not the best. Clothing and personal items get mixed up, damaged and lost for a variety of reasons; one reason is partly due to the countless symptoms of the residents’ affliction with Alzheimer disease and dementia. It is upsetting. However, those things are not as important compared to the quality of care, affection and nurturing your loved one receives at Mountain View.

Mountain View Center

Thank you for those kind words. Our staff focuses on loving the residents, rather than medicating them and ignoring their human side. We believe that love heals all!

not good

I had been there months ago. The place is poorly taken care of. The only thing that was a positive for the facility was the Administrator and her staff. Come to find out lately that she is no longer there. Being a visiting nurse I stopped by and I immediately realized the changes. The current staff is rude, no re pore with visiting vendors (You have to take a gift to get in) The nurse is gone and they have someone running it with no nursing degree. I would never place my loved one there now!

Lacck of care

I got a call my husband died there. It was an overnight thing. I know that he had a form of dementia but to go so suddenly with a decline, was just to soon. I believe they did not care for him correctly. They used to have a nurse and I found out she is no longer there. Very sad.

smelly place

Toured the place... No! will never place my grandmother in that place...the nerve to charge as much for such a run done place, It smelled..

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing new policies and procedures to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant experience at all of our facilitries.Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
MVC Marketing Team

not a good place

Horrible, the staff is ignorant, do not speak english. The place is dirty and run down, furniture is old and used, smells like urine, the med tech is a liar, and the owner does not care at all. I feel sorry for the administrator for putting up with it.

Terrible place

Horrible! My grandfather has been there almost 6 months. We finally pulled him out. He has had MRSA. Which is highly contagious and was not treated. He was also around the other residents there which puts their health at risk. He was constantly dirty. We found him with other people's clothes on, which didn't fit. Dried feces on the bottom of his feet, which were covered up by socks. And when we insisted he receive medical attention, he was brought into the ER dirty and wrapped in the filthy bedspread they had on his bed in the facility. We have been paying almost $5000 a month out of pocket with no help from them for Veterans. His food was always cold. The facility itself is dirty. We ourselves unplugged a toilet for them! I have seen resident's hit each other, and seen many of them with huge wounds from falling. One man, Bill, was left outside in the rain and fell and had a huge gash from the fall. I have seen my grandfather fall when I was walking in and no one was around. His clothes and blankets are missing. He is now home with us. Do not send your loved one here. We were there with my grandfather 4 hours a day so we saw a lot. This place should be inspected by the health dept and in my opinion, shut down.

Hi Cynthia,
I am writing to you in regards to the review you wrote for Mountain View Centers regarding your grandfather's stay at our facilities.
First, let me apologize for any inconvenience that you family member(s) may have experienced at MVC care center in Claremont, CA.

I was hoping you could provide me some more details about your grandfather's experience with our staff, and possibly the conditions your grandfather was in prior to becoming am MVC resident.

We are trying to enhance the resident and guest experiences here at Mountain View Centers. Any input you have for us would be greatly appreciated.

MVC Marketing

Shame, Shame, Shame on your staff at Mountain View , Claremont CA

Our Father nearly died in the hands of these inexperienced people.
This place was recommended not only by a counselor at Kaiser hospital but by a person from Sunrise Senior Center.
Our Father in our opinion went through total Hell. His personality changed drastically for the worse and we could not figure out what was causing this. We did notice that his grooming was poor, unkept hair, nails, teeth and asked every time we visited to step up on that, he stunk from soiled pants and every time we saw him he was usually wearing someone else clothes / shoes, or no shoes at all. Contrary to all their advertising "We are skilled to handle any behavior from Alzheimer it soon became apparent that the care givers could not care for our father. Soon we found him strapped into a wheel chair banging his body into walls or anything he could reach, extremely agitated that he was being restrained.
We became very concerned about his nutrition and water intake as when we visited, every one else was "trying to eat the best they could" but not our father. If he was not restrained in a wheelchair they had him outside, alone, walking in the hot sun, no hat, no protection, no water.
This didn't take very long until we got a call that he was transported to Emergency. No explanation, no follow up no sense of concern. The diagnoses was EXTREME DEHYDRATION, and had a staff infection which kept him in the Hospital for three days. He was so dehydrated it caused his heart and pressure to rise so high that we almost lost him.
What care place can't even give a dying man a cup of water??
After the release from the Hospital, we moved him to Inland Valley Christian Center in Ontario. He is a totally different man, he still walks, paces all day/night but he gets feed good, lots of fluids, he is groomed and he talks (okay rambles) a bit. The people from Mountain View would not recognize him if they saw him now.
Mountain View needs to be checked out by a competent person. This care center needs to have their care support checked out / retrained, the center itself needs a deep BLEACH cleaning. If you care and Truly LOVE the one that needs this type of care this is NOT the place to consider, listen to that voice in the back of your head asking many times a day when you are away "I wonder how they are caring for my loved one today" this should be an alert to you as it was to all of us (5 Kids) that this place is NOT up to the standards for adequate care for our loved one.
If you "need" to put your loved one in this facility you need to look deep,, you need to see past the bull and realize you are just a "funding" to them, you need to come at breakfast, lunch or dinner time and observe the care givers enjoying their meals while the patients roam.
Please look long and hard before choosing this care facility.

Hi,
I am writing to inquire about a review you posted for Mountain View Centers online listing page. We are in the process of implementing new policies and procedures to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant experience at all of our facilities.Your input would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, MVC Marketing Team

Didn't Like Anything

I was not impressed at all with this one. I didn't think it was that clean. The place was depressing. I didn't like anything about it.

Hi,

I a writing to inquire about your tour experience at Mountain View Centers. I you can provide us with the name of the person that conducted the tour for you, what they covered, and any issues of cleanliness yo might have found at the facility.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.

MVC Marketing Staff

Toured April 29. Possible ...

Toured April 29. Possible place for both mom and dad.

Mountain View Center

We are here to welcome your parent's whenever they are ready. Thank you!

Mountain View Centers is an assisted living community in Claremont, California specializing in memory care for Dimentia and Alzheimer's patients. Our specialty is the patient care system we have developed over the 30 years we've been in the assisted living and care business.
Our facilities are residential homes with qualified staff, that applies special attention to each resident, and their Dimentia condition(s). We train our staff to focus on individual care, while engaging in physical activities, and cognitive stimulation for our residents. The resident's families are always appreciative of the level of care their loved ones receive at Mountain View Centers.
Mountain View Centers has provided a caring environment for dementia and Alzheimer's patients for 30+ years. We specialize in managing difficult behaviors like agitation, aggression, sun-downing, and wandering, with reduced psychotropic medications. Our Claremont, CA facility has secured perimeter to allow indoor and outdoor access for the residents, and provides a necessary balance between safety and freedom for Alzheimer's patients.