Mount Helix Manor Elder Care - La Mesa, CA

I just didn't feel like this was a good fit for us.

I toured here when I was looking for options for my loved one. The outside was very nice, but the way some of the things were set up on the inside didn't seem like a good long term set up. It was clean and the people were friendly, the residents all looked happy. I didn't care for the shower set up, they had plywood ramps that looked wet, and like they were starting to mold. I just didn't feel like this was a good fit for us.

My aunt is very happy at Mt Helix - a surprise to me since she always wanted to be in her home of 58 years.

I put my aunt in Mt. Helix thinking that she would not like being away from home. I was surprised when she stated she loves it there; sunlite rooms, good food, and dedicated individual assistance.

I find the staff very responsive to her needs but just as importantly they are open in their communications regarding my aunt's status. The staff always seems to be upbeat and attend to her needs quickly.

I am also surprised that my aunt actually participates in group activities; such as a birthday party, art projects, music, etc. Obviously, with the social interaction at Mt Helix she has come out of her introverted shell.

Her room is alway tidy, clothes are washed often and my aunt is always in a clean and looking 'sharp.'

My final comment- she stated that she has made friends with the other residents.

Bottom line is that after proclaiming on multiple occasions that she just wanted to spend the remainder of her life in her home of 58 years, the transition to Mt Helix has been easy.

Finally, a place for Mom!

With the help of a Place for Mom, I think we have found the perfect home for my mother in law. She has only been there for two days, but, having done our research, in the past with my father in law, and now with my mother in law, we can tell. What staff we have met so far, far and away exceeds our expectations. They are truly caring and patient. My husband and I can relax now knowing his mother is safe and cared for.

Come See How Small is Beautiful

FACILITY. STAFF. PROGRAM. Measure us on any one of these criteria and we are confident we will exceed your highest expectations. As professional owner-administrators, we care for physical, cognitive, and emotional needs. Our established grounds are perfect for afternoon strolls on safe pathways, or for passing time on a shaded bench. Visit one of our exquisite homes to discover the difference of a small, beautiful environment.