Morris Glen - Alexandria, VA

The manager [Name removed] was not aware that I was coming. No one inform her of the appointment but she saw me anyway. [Name removed] was very friendly and very nice. The place was clean but smaller than Manchester Lakes but I loved it. She was not able to show inside the apt. complex but what she did show I could amazing what the inside of the apartments looked like and that would be big enough for me. I did like the place and was very glad I went to check it out

Very Familiar With This Community

This community is located right across the street from where my mother in law used to live and this was her first choice because she wanted to stay in this area. However, the community had a long wait list. We had called for a tour to see the apartments but they never seem to have any open to show

Nice place!

Morris Glen was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community because it was close to my daughter.

A Place For Me....

I have lived at Morris Glen for 13 years and love it here. The property manager is very helpful. Location is great. Love my apt. Grounds are kept nice. Friendly neighbors. Lot's of activities. Just the right place for me. Also, affordable rent.

Did not like the look of this one

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. We were not a fan of the aesthetics here, although they were priced very competitively. My loved one did not like the way the property was entirely fenced in, he thought it looked like a prison. The inside of the facility seemed dark, and all of the decor was old.

The apartment is lovely!

The apartment is lovely! I am very happy with my experience. I am so glad that A Place For Mom and Laura Estep helped me find them. I would recommend them to anyone. After considering several locations, I am very happy here.

Did not like this site very...

Did not like this site very much. While extremely affordable for those on a limited income, unfortunately the property reflected that. Rooms are extremely small, common area furniture is very old and they were so full that we were not able to see what the rooms looked like. Bars on the outside made my father feel caged in. Perfect example of you get what you pay for.

Long Wait List

I have been looking into this community for a long time because they have a very long waiting list, last time I checked it was about a year long. All of their apartments are on the first floor and it is low income community so the rates are really good. I currently do not qualify because of my income. I was speaking with a resident of Morris Glen and she was telling me she has been living there 11 years, apparently no body want to move out. They are conveniently located and have plenty of activities to do. Everyone there seems happy so I guess that is why they stay there.

really loved this place. sent first a...

really loved this place. sent first application in..hoping to be put on waiting list for moving anytime after Christmas.

Independent Living with help. Low in...

Independent Living with help. Low income.

Morris Glen is an affordable Senior Retirement Community for those who are 62 years of age or older,and of low-to-moderate income. We offer 60 one-bedroom apartments,available in four (4) sizes; which all utilities are included in the rent, a community building for programs and activities geared to the residents interest; emergency pull cords; birthday parties, twice a month trips to grocery shopping, bi-monthly trip to Walmart, bingo twice a month and daily card games.

Section-8 Vouchers and Catholic for Housing subsidy are all welcome.