Morningside of Dalton - Dalton, GA

Stay away!

Worst place I have ever toured. Short staffed & the Executive Director was one of the rudest people I have ever met. Looks & smells like a nursing home.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am sincerely interested in your comments. Our goal is to provide a warm and inviting residence and I am sorry you did not feel that during your recent visit. To reassure you of our care and hospitality I would be delighted to connect you with residents and family members who can tell you about their experience at our community. Please contact me at the community and we wish you the best as you look at senior living options.

Highly recommend

I had never been to Morningside before last year, and I have no connection to it other than my mother's 9-month stay there. I did a lot of research when looking for a safe, dependable place for my mother as she was approaching her 100th birthday. I asked several of my Dalton friends for recommendations, then I looked at four different facilities in the Dalton area and visited all four several months in advance so the transition would be smooth. I was worried that my mother would rebel when I took her for a temporary stay following a fall. Within three days in Morningside's "respite room" she was already telling me she loved it there! The following month we moved her into a permanent room and she quickly made friends and felt right at home. The staff was wonderful and seemed to genuinely care about all their residents. They were very patient with my mother and I witnessed the same with other residents who were much less self-sufficient than Mom was. It was clean, the food service was very good and the front lobby/visiting area was very nice. It is a relatively small facility, so the residents get great personal attention. Lots of activities and scenic bus rides available. It's located at the foot of Dug Gap Mountain with immaculately manicured landscaping. Ken is a great director and Toni, the activities director can't be beat. Easy to understand base rates with no surprise fees. I highly recommend Morningside!

Doing a good job here

They're doing a fabulous job here so far, I'd give them top marks across the board. We've had my loved one in a few different place,s and this is our favorite so far. Dad can be very hard to deal with, but they've handled him well so far. He had very good things to say about the food!

Located on twenty-one acres in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains, Morningside of Dalton is conveniently located off I-75. We offer several different styles of spacious apartments with twenty-four hour care committed to excellence. We are home to many seniors who value their independence and take great pride in calling Morningside their home. To join them and begin living life to the fullest, we have a room with a view waiting for you.