Morningside House of Friendship - Hanover, MD

Overall, I liked the community and what they had to offer. Staff seemed very attentive and the residents seemed happy. Common area was pleasant and very active. Currently, they only have one room available and it is VERY small.

Very nice facility, spoke with several staff who were friendly and answered all our questions. Like that their programs seemed to be the best to engage our loved one. Best sense of family community we have seen so far. Friend placed their Mom here a short time ago and was very pleased at the care.

We loved [Name removed] , the community was clean/friendly and well staffed! The rooms were clean and we love the available options for memory care as things progress!

Mom's New Environment for care

We were in this community for the care for my mom. We did like the excellent care. The staff has been helpful. The menu and the cleanliness of the community are wonderful. My mom wanted a community that she could go to a court yard. We were happy with everything that this community has to offer and would highly recommend it to other families wanting outstanding care for the value.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

Highly recommended!

My mother loved the meals. If someone doesn't like the main course, they have other options. They have activities and the place is very clean. We are trying to get my mother to a bigger room, but it has been a very good experience so far.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us!

4-5 stars. Clean, large (103 beds) facility with assisted living, mild dementia and advances dementia floors. Physical therapy, in-house nurse. Very expensive. Only 7 medicaid beds with long waiting list.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback! We are committed to providing the best possible care for our residents.

Friendly staff!

The Morningside House of Friendship was very nice and the staff was very friendly, but we decided for another Morningside that was more in the location than we wanted. This one was nice as well, and the staff was very friendly, but the other one was more convenient for us.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your input and are delighted that you found a community that is a perfect fit for your needs!

Comfort For Dad!

My father has everything that he needs since his move into the Morningside House. The place is kept clean and very well maintained. They offer a large variety of activities which my father has not partaken in, but we know they are available for if he ever wants to. Before we moved him in, we knew people who lived there and they were very happy so it made the decision that much easier.

Great Tour

I had a great tour of this community. Everything looked great and very well maintained. The was kind and courteous. They were informative and answered my questions. The tour went great, this is very nice community. Everybody was very friends.

So Far So Good With This Home Care Agency

So far everything is going pretty well for my father with this home care agency. I don't live with him, but so far he has told me that it has been a good experience. They are taking good care of him and his needs. The care givers are kind and very helpful.

Morningside House makes me feel like we are at home!!!

The marketing agent Amanda is warm and before we even went on the tour we were talking about my moms needs. The entire staff do a very good job making sure my mom is cared for. I would give the food a 5. She participates in some of the activities offered. The housekeeping staff do a good job overall. I would definitely recommend Morningside House.

Met with Amanda [removed] and we hit it off right from the start! The facility is quaint and homey. I was impressed with all the areas they had for families to reserve for visits with their loved-ones. Although a smaller facility, I liked the fact that they have a on-staff nurse and on-site therapists. This service was not offered in either of the larger facilities I visited. They also have separate units for moderate and advanced Dementia care. The staff was friendly and the tenants seemed happy. When Amanda took me to see a vacant one-bedroom unit, she also wanted me to see how one could be customized, so we peeked in on a lovely couple who graciously invited me into their home and gave me the tour. I felt so welcomed, I am still talking about them. I could have kicked back and visited for a while!! I definitely plan to take my Mom back for a tour and a meal. Hopefully, we can visit with them.

Welcoming

The staff members are all very welcoming and I believe that the Morningside House of Friendship facility held true to what it advertised. I cannot think of any improvements that need to be made to the place.

Nice place, friendly staff

Overall things have gone very well with Morningside House of Friendship! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff are all very friendly and caring. Really the only issue I've had is that it can be a little hard to get in touch with them, the communication could use a little work.

They are awesome. There is literally not one fault.

They are awesome. There is literally not one fault. It's extremely clean. The staff is great. They are right there for you for anything. It wasn't chandeliers and marble, it was like a home. There isn't anything they said they would do, that they didn't. The missions person there Heidi is awesome. Mom would probably be mad at us if we tried to take her out of there.

A very nice setting

A Very nice setting. Overall people are nice. Food is fine. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars, I rate the Friendliness 5 stars because everyone was nice, I rate the value 4 stars, and I rate the care services 5 stars. I can't rate the activities because I have not experienced that area. As I stated above, this a very nice setting and I am very satisfied with Morningside House of Friendship!

they go out of their way to help

Morningside House of Friendship is really a very good place for my dad. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. Anything that I ask of them they do what they can and they really go out of their way to help.

respect and dignity

They are doing very good at morningside. My father is doing good there and is making good friends. Not only that, but the staff treats him with respect and dignity, which is very important. We are very pleased.

Mom's well being

It has only been a few weeks, my mom seems to be adjusting well to her new environment. The staff have been very helpful, and do keep things active.

Room for improvement.

It's been a little over a month, since my loved ones moved in. A lot of things have gone wrong, we were promised things that just weren't happening. There were a lot of things, some small, some not, like medication errors, among other things. They said that there would always be someone available to be there for my loved one, that is not the case. A lot of the issues we have had has been addressed, but some have not been resolved yet. We are paying a lot of money, but we have had to have our family there almost constantly. The people are really nice, and they have been trying to work with us. They did an assessment first and I just think they though they could do more than they could, unless your loved one is more independent, this may not be a great fit. I just don't think they have enough staff, legally they have enough, and they just added a couple of more, but I still just don't think it's enough for things to run smoothly and have everyone well looked after.

Nice place

Overall things have gone very well here! It's a nice clean facility, the staff are friendly, We've been entirely satisfied with all of the service they've provided.

So far so good

I haven't been able to visit my wife since entering her into Morningside House, one week ago; but all of my daily phonecall inquiries have been thoroughly answered, in a friendly way. Because of her dementia, she was entered unwillingly; so as of now there has been no contact between us. I was impressed by what I saw before she became a resident. I visited the premises three times before selecting it over four other facilities, and had no negative impressions. They seem to have a high level of activities. So far, after only one week ,I am satisfied.

We both liked this one very...

We both liked this one very much. A lot of activities going on in both areas. We think mom would benefit from this. We had a good feeling about this one.

So far so good. But advocates always need to closely watch, anywhere.

Don't know yet. Seems fine so far and mom is adjusting. Had to catch some pretty bad prescription med errors within the first week. Mom might not have made it unless family closely monitored that situation. But we did. Family, advocates, loved ones need to do this anywhere. Staff is friendly, things seem good so far. Wish we'd done this quicker. I am so sorry for families that cannot afford these facilities as the toll on caretakers can be horrid.

Great community, great food

If the time comes, I feel this community will be the best fit. The staff is very friendly and community is nice and clean. There are lots of activities and the sizes of the rooms were nice. What stuck out were the dining areas. I liked that there are separate areas to dine, and it is very restaurant like. They also set up food for residents during the day.

Heidi was great! the facil...

Heidi was great! the facility is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone! It was a bit large for my moms needs though.

Facility looked and smelled...

Facility looked and smelled clean. Studio rooms were on the small side. Common areas were well kept and staff was friendly. Room price range was a little high for the size of the room.

This was by far my favorite...

This was by far my favorite I fell in love with this 'home' , very warm & friendly atmosphere, residents were very out going,the staff interacted very well with residents, unfortunately they do not have a private room available and they would be out of our price range.

Lovely. 1 shared bath and 1 private.

Lovely. 1 shared bath and 1 private.

Very nice place. Has 2 dementia wings...

Very nice place. Has 2 dementia wings, 1 for mid stage and 1 for late stage. Cost is high but they accept medicaide waiver.

liked this one very much

liked this one very much

Morningside House of Friendship is located in beautiful Hanover, Maryland, and is considered the "top-referred" assistant living facility in the area. We are known for our ability to provide effective and compassionate care for seniors of all care levels. Staff members possess unique skills and traits, along with excellent training in order to provide residents with world class care and companionship. We strive to provide seniors with beautiful apartments and wonderful amenities, including routine housekeeping, excellent dining facilities, live entertainment, happy hours, as well as shopping excursions. Morningside House of Friendship offers seniors who do not require assistance with a Living Plus Plan, which allows them to enjoy all of the amenities and activities of this facility at a reduced rate. For residents who would benefit from assisted living, we offer compassionate care focused on tending to a senior's individualized needs. For seniors who suffer from dementia and memory loss, we offer a unique program that enables residents to stay active and engaged by enriching their lives with mentally stimulating daily activities. For individuals who would like to experience the amenities that this facility has to offer, a respite care program is available for short term stay. we also offer residents rehabilitative therapy, as well as compassionate hospice and palliative care services. At Morningside House of Friendship, we understand how difficult it may be to make a decision on the care of an aging loved one, which is why we strive to provide our residents with compassionate care and world-class services.