Glynn Taff Assisted Living - Catonsville, MD

Glynn Taff Assisted Living offers compassionate, experienced, quality care in a restored turn of the century Catonsville mansion with beautiful grounds and a deep, relaxing front porch. One of our residents’ describes our community this way: “This is as close to home as you can get. It’s cozy and help is always available.” In addition to assisted living, we offer Alzheimer’s, dementia and end of life care, and can accommodate long and short term stays for our residents. Our family managed business brings over half a century of experience in respecting, supporting and caring for seniors. We are located in charming Catonsville, MD, ranked #49 out of the top 100 Best Places to Live, by Money Magazine.
We offer a menu of services and amenities, including daily activities and excursions, an onsite beauty salon, meals and in-house laundry service, and arranged speech, physical, occupational and rehabilitation therapy on our campus. Please schedule your tour today. We look forward to serving you.

Nice Community, and My Tour Was Nice

I had a very good tour of this community. Everything went well. The community appeared to be well maintained. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and welcoming. They treated my family and I well. There were many factors that played into where to place my mother, and location was one of them. This community was a little to far for us to travel. Overall it is a nice community.

Review of Glynn Taff Assisted Living - Catonsville, MD

Level of care at this place is not what my father would need. The staff is very friendly and the place has wonderful character most clients here are level 3. My father is still a level one and still very independent. Was not a good fit for our family.

Glynn Taff - Hidden Gem in Catonsville, MD

Glynn Taff is, in my opinion, a hidden gem in the Baltimore area. The facility is spacious, cozy, and very well kept. The dining area is bright and cheery. The facility is decorated according to the holidays and the seasons and is never boring. The staff is pleasant and easy to deal with and treats the residents with respect. I cannot believe the difference in my mother since she has been living at Glynn Taff. She is no longer withdrawn, no longer looking like a homeless person. Instead mom is interacting with everyone, enjoying the various activities, eating three nutriti ous meals a day, and dressing well with the assistance of facility staff. My mother is 92 and acting like a 70 year old!

Friendly, kind, caring and competent

On our first visit, we knew that Glynn Taff was the place we would trust to take care of Mom. The place was clean, with no offensive odors, but most importantly, everyone seemed happy - the owner, the staff, and especially the residents. Mom has only been in Glynn Taff for a little over a week, and she seems to like it, even though she did not want to leave her home. The staff are friendly, kind, caring and competent. She is pleased with the variety of choices for her meals. Her room is not very big, but she was able to take her favorite chair, and TV and a couple other items from home in addition to the bed and dressers provided by Glynn Taff. In just a week, she has had her hair done by one of the hairdressers on staff, has played Wii bowling, gone out to lunch, played word games, and shared meals with other residents. Mom looks and sounds better than she has in years. Moving her to an assisted living facility has been one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make, but Glynn Taff has made us feel that we made the right one.

It might be a place I would...

It might be a place I would consider in the future but the residents seemed to be way more advanced with Alzheimers and wouldn't be very stimulating for him.

My mother has found Glynn Taff to be ...

My mother has found Glynn Taff to be a delight and a pleasant surprise. Having to move from a home she spent many years occupying, she now is still in proximity to her church and family with little disruption to her life. Her room is spacious and clean and the staff is very kind,, courteous and helpful with any needs or concerns. I highly recommend this facility and am grateful for it.

Like the community, they ha...

Like the community, they have a private room available & so far this would be the best 'affordable' option. Residents seemed content but were not as outgoing as Morningside.

I visited and was shown a r...

I visited and was shown a room, but not a full tour. The lighting was rather dim in the main lobby and not very cheerful. All of the workers seemed very busy, yet no one was at the front desk to greet me when I entered. I had to wait awhile to be seen. The pricing, while just barely in our budget, was rather high for what I was shown. However, someone might visit on another day and get a different impression.

Liked on list of maybes.