Brightview Catonsville - Catonsville, MD

Please do your homework for your loved one

in the last week
Please do not let appearances full you!
My family member just moved out yesterday. Had they not moved out, we would not have known that they were not fully cared for! During their medical evaluation at the facility we moved to, it was brought to our attention that their ears were caked and terribly blocked with wax! His dental hygiene was poor, which tells us teeth were not being brushed!
What I do know is that Brightview never cleaned the room thoroughly! Food crumbs left for weeks in the room, no dusting and the bathroom disgusting! If my family member had an accident, they would just use a swiffer mop...well, we know what that does! Any soiled clothes would go in the hamper, which permeated out into the room! The Swiffer mop was always left in the bathroom.
When Brightview wanted to implement a strategy or plan for my family member, it was short lived!...maybe one week! So, when things weren't working, the blame was directed towards my family member when they were the ones not keeping up with the plan.
My family member was there over three years. We asked multiple people to please give the room a fresh coat of paint... never got done. They all said, "We'll let Buster know". I was never told that it couldn't be done, either.
Just FYI they are extremely expensive... it's not worth it!
There are plenty of caring, decent assisted living facilities out there. We are much happier now that they moved. A tremendous difference in care!
Do your homework! Don't be fooled and be prepared for denial about my review!

[Removed]

Brightview Senior Living

Diana, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your family member’s stay at Brightview Catonsville. We too were disappointed that after three years, your family member was no longer able to stay with us – especially since his wife still lives at Brightview. We are glad to hear that you are happy with his new home, and wish you and your family all the best.

Everything just clicked!

My loved one's stay is going just great! The facility is very nice and the staff are sure to take care of my loved one. She really likes the menu, as well as the many activities that they have to offer. This was also a very affordable choice for us. When we saw Brightview Catonsville, everything just clicked!

Brightview Senior Living

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that everything is going well for your loved one. Good food and abundant programming are important features of senior living for residents and their families. Brightview's chef-prepared meals are delicious. There are many choices for all appetites. And the calendar at the community are always full. Something fun and engaging is always going on!

Great option!

Brightview Catonsville is a wonderful community. The transition was great for my mother. We were very satisfied with the care that they provided. They were extremely friendly and easy to work with. The community was very nicely kept and clean throughout.

Wonderful

Outstanding in every aspect. I cannot say enough about this facility and their staff.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Karen. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review and feedback. We think our associates at Brightview Catonsville are exceptional too!

Very nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was a little on the older side, but well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another Brightview community located closer to family, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Friendly, attentive staff

I thought they did a very good job overall at Brightview Catonsville. The staff here just seemed very aware of each and every residents and were very attentive to my loved one's needs. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and in a very convenient location for my family, we're very pleased with our choice!

She's happy, so we're happy

My mother-in-law has been here several months, and we are very happy with the quality of care, the attentiveness of staff, and activities offered to residents. We've heard some complaints (from her and others) that the quality of the food had gone down since the new Director came on board. However, I have not personally noticed that, and I think that might be residents who grumble about anything. Brightview also schedules special meal events (like Mardi Gras, Easter), specifically to encourage families to visit. My MIL especially enjoys all the music performers. My one criticism is that Brightview lacks activities especially suited for male residents. All in all, we made the right choice in Brightview.

Brightview Catonsville, MD

My mother has been at Brightview Catonsville for a little over a month now. It has been a difficult transition for her. She is adjusting but still complains about the , Fortunately, the housekeeper came in to her room to empty the trash and took my Mother down to dinner. Since my mother eats very little, this is a big deal. I have had to call a few times to smooth the way. Also, her religion is very important to her and at least on two occasions they have "forgotten" to take her to Mass.
I noted the clothes washer and dryer were old and dirty. They should be replaced.
When I have called for my Mother my concerns have been addressed in a professional and courteous manner.
Thanks for your follow up.

Lovely palce to call home.

Brightview Catonsville is a great community. We have very good interaction with the Sales Director Alan. Top choice for us based on size and what is included in care. Everyone speaks highly of Brightview Catonsville that we were just drawn to it.

We were very impressed with them.

We were very impressed with them. Beyond friendliness I just felt like people cared, it didn't seem like just a job, it felt very genuine. They had a lot of activities, lectures, trips, happy hours, exercise classes. The food was plentiful and well balanced maybe a four. What impressed me a lot is that anytime I saw something, I spoke to someone or wrote to the director and it was taken care of immediately. We liked the setting with trees and nice lawns, we liked the outdoor seating areas. We liked the staff, it smelled good all through it, you could tell they took a lot of care keeping in clean and nice, we spoke with the residents. Thank you to A Place For Mom too. The advisor who helped me Carolyn Young, she was so helpful and did a wonderful job, she gave me places to look and followed up with me and really kept in touch. She was great!

Very nice, welcoming, close...

Very nice, welcoming, close to son.

Everything would be a 10

When it comes to Brightview everything would be a 10! Everything is just great.

Very friendly staff. Gigantic place....

Very friendly staff. Gigantic place. Felt like a hotel at OC, or a dormatory. Lots of activities & services. Guests seemed very happy.

A staff member told us right off the ...

A staff member told us right off the bat that this community didn't seem appropriate for my parents, but she was extremely helpful in pointing us to very good resources. She also called other places for us to see if they could give us a tour. She also pointed us to a group that helps families submit applications for Veterans' benefits (for free.) Brightview, itself, looked like a lovely facility and the staff (not just Ms. Harms) was very friendly. It impressed me as a very nice place to live.

absolutely loved the care staff and e...

absolutely loved the care staff and especially the warmth and loved shown by staff to resendences, Monthly fee on the hgih end, however, unable to manage the sliding scale.

Their memory care section sounds good...

Their memory care section sounds good. Would be in a studio apt. without a kitchen area. Phone and cable tv are extra.

Located in a lovely and historic residential neighborhood with easy access to Baltimore, Howard and Anne Arundel Counties, Brightview Catonsville is unique in the area, offering Assisted Living residences with personalized care and service as well as award-winning Alzheimer’s Care in a secure residential environment known as Wellspring Village.

Unparalleled services and amenities are central to the vibrant lifestyle of Brightview Catonsville. The community enjoys an excellent reputation among our residents and our staff, as evidenced by consistently high satisfaction scores. Each resident’s individual needs are carefully considered so a personal assistance plan can be developed just for them. On-site staffing 24 hours a day with nurse available as well as emergency response pendants add an extra measure of support.

While we take care of the driving and the chores, there is always something to do and someone to enjoy things with at Brightview Catonsville. Delicious meals shared with friends, creative projects, discussion groups, ability-appropriate exercise classes, hobbies, happy hours, volunteer opportunities and more.

Choose from a variety of apartment styles in this friendly, comfortable setting that reflects Catonsville’s distinctive architecture. Brightview Catonsville’s community roots run deep, sharing its campus with St. Johns Church and Overhills Mansion, and, conveniently located near restaurants, physicians’ offices, St. Agnes Hospital and two colleges.

For Alzheimer’s Care, the secure Wellspring Village neighborhood at Brightview Catonsville offers an award-winning program of care techniques that encourage self-reliance and foster a sense of belonging. For assisted living or Alzheimer’s care, Brightview Catonsville is an unmatched value for your dollar.