Morgan Estates Assisted Living - Geneseo, NY

My sister and I were very impressed with Morgan Estates and think its a perfect place for our Dad. [Removed] was awesome also. We are trying to figure out how to afford what is necessary in order for him to live there.

Morgan Estates is the best place for your loved one

could not ask for a better place for my mother-in-law
the level of care is above and beyond
all staff is wonderful
beautiful facilities
nurse and medical staff very efficient and easy to work with
food is excellent

Morgan Estates Memory Care Unit

Morgan Estates is a beautiful physical facility. My mom was in the 18 bed memory care unit for about 5 weeks before we determined it was not a high enough level of care for her. It is a secure facility, which means after 15 seconds of being pushed, the doors do open and an alarm goes off. Mom's behavior came to require a locked unit.
Mom's medical needs also increased so that skilled nursing was more appropriate. If she fell and cut herself, the county had to be called in to care for her or she was taken to the hospital. Changes in medications required a paper chain to her primary care Dr and too much time.
My biggest frustration was with communication. When they needed something, or there had been an event with mom, they were good about letting us know and even asking for suggestions and help. But when we finally moved mom to another facility, it took several phone calls and trips to obtain things like hearing aids, her coat and medications that belonged to her but had not been available at the time I cleared out her room. There seemed to be a breakdown among the staff. At mom's placement, I took great pains to document her behavior, needs and habits for them. This seemed to never get shared as needed.
As I said, this is a lovely place. I would just caution that, with any placement, you ask many questions to assure all the needs of your family member can be met, and to what degree they will be adjusted as changes occur.

Review of Morgan Estates Assisted Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Geneseo, NY

Visited September 26th. No wander guard system at the assisted living level.

Private rooms with kitchenettes Walk-...

Private rooms with kitchenettes Walk-in showers 24-hr staff Medication management Emergency call system 3 delicious meals and snacks Housekeeping, linen and personal laundry service Recreational and social planned activities Scheduled transportation On-site beauty salon

Morgan Estates is nestled above Geneseo, NY overlooking the fertile Genesee Valley. This pastoral setting of rolling hills affords our residents with a vital lifestyle. We offer a range of living experiences, from independent apartments to assisted living. The Morgan Estates community offers you a place to grow your independence. Our residents enjoy the freedom to come and go as they choose. The exceptional care 24 hours a day, the State-of-the-Art Fire and Safety Alarm System, Housekeeping/Linen/Laundry Services. All the other services provide you with the independence to grow your life. You are free to join in any of our many scheduled activities that interest you. Families are encouraged to be a part of their loved ones lives! We are here to help you too! We encourage each resident and family to become actively involved. The greatest assets at Morgan Estates are our residents and the priceless friendships they build with each other and our caring staff. These relationships create our unique “home” environment.