Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor West Allis - West Allis, WI

Avoid at all costs!

Mother was not watched, found with broken wrist, black eye, bruises on the side of her head. Staff claims she did it herself, I claim she was wheelchair bound. Then she went into a coma and died, Avoid!

Comfort For My Loved Ones!!

The Mitchell Manor AL & Meadowmere West Allis is kept cleaned. The staff is friendly and communicate very well. I feel that my loved one is in a safe place. One thing i really hope could be changed are the meals. My loved one is not enjoying the meals very much they don't have a good taste and should be presented better. Overall i would recommend this place just need the food taste updated.

The staff was very informative, caring & friendly, very involved in raising funds for Alzheimer's research; activities seemed well planned & residents enjoyed concerts; residents could be in mixed or memory care units and walks & meeting other needs for my father seem to be readily available. Rooms & hallways seem to be a little narrower but clean & pleasant. Dining & outdoor garden area nice; Cristina was very friendly & informative and they run specials on room costs.

friendly staff

The staff is nice and friendly. The food is average. The facility offers different activities that everyone likes. The staff really cares about the residents.

Considering it is the same company as the one in Oak Creek, it is very different.
I like how they distribute the meds. The common areas are much larger...the overall place is almost too large. The chapel is a real church. They have a brand new rehab center. The location isn't as convenient, but for mom's sake it looks like a great possibility.

Do not go to Mitchell Manor

I have a friend who is at Mitchell Manor. The staff are not friendly, and every time there is a problem I always here the same response, "We are short staffed." I would NEVER place a loved one in this facility. I have been going there since before their renovation. The new company made it look nicer but the same problems remain of staff with "snippy" attitudes and the constant complaints of being short-staffed. Please do not send your loved one to this home. Check out the website and Medicare.gov for more information about nursing homes before deciding on one to go to. Their overall rating is a "2" which is below average.

Best place ever

My Mom didn't want to move out of her home. All she kept saying was I'm not moving into a nursing home, so we felt a lot of guilt. My family and I have been so worried about her living by herself that all our free time was spent cleaning and cooking for her. Finally after 2 falls and leaving the stove on we got her to go out and look. Let me tell you, Assisted living is NOT a nursing home. Its a community with your own private apartment. Our favorite was Meadowmere West Allis as it was so beautiful and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and we were even invited to lunch and discovered the food was delicious. Mom still didn't want to move but the Executive Director had a great idea. She suggested a Respite Stay. My family went on vacation so Mom signed on to stay for a short period while we were gone. When we got back, she didn't want to leave! She made so many friends and was involved in many activities, she actually had a social life again. Thank you so much to all the staff at Meadowmere. they have been a godsend, We love you!!

issues with medical department, good otherwise

It is nice that maintenance will help put things in and assist where they can. The facility is very nice and clean, and they have excellent activities. Most of the time my mother says the food is ok.

My biggest complaint is that the medical department does not get back to you. If you ever call the medical department, you will be talking to an answering machine. If I ever do get a hold of someone, I tell them where I feel they can improve, and nothing ever comes of it. I have expressed this concern to numerous individuals at various levels but to no avail.

I am not so satisfied.

I am not so satisfied. The administrative process has been the biggest issue. My mother was admitted in February to the memory care unit. Before today, my father was scheduled to go into another area of the facility. They called his current community, and cancelled the move in date, with no clear answer as to a new move in date, just a maybe Friday, and didn't even give me a call or an email, and when I called them I can't get a hold of anyone. You can't ever seem to reach anyone there, this seems to be an ongoing problem. They don't seem to have adequate staffing, and it takes days for people to get back to you. It's great as far as being clean, but when a terrible virus went around they weren't taking any extra cleaning precautions. The day to day care staff is good, but I would not recommend this place to anybody.

Five Star Reviews

I would like to thank you for your candid feedback. At Meadowmere West Allis, we continually strive to improve every aspect of operations and overall resident satisfaction. I would also like to thank you for entrusting us with the care of your parents – this is a decision we don’t take lightly.

I have researched the matter, and sincerely apologize for the breakdown in communication, which I addressed with my team. As you know with regard to your father’s move, the admission paperwork was deferred by others outside our organization, impeding the original move date.

I’m just happy we were able to work together to resolve the paperwork issue, and that your parents are doing well – they are delightful! I have taken appropriate steps with my team to ensure better communication in the future.

I can assure you that we are staffed appropriately and have made every effort to minimize the spread of illness – at and beyond state requirements. Please know you can always call me directly if you have any concerns.

Sincerely,
Cori Parker,
Executive Director

THIS IS FOR MITCHELL MANOR ONLY--
My dad was on the 3rd floor of Mitchell Manor nursing home after being transferred upstairs from the Rehab to Home section on the 1st floor. (The Rehab to Home staff was wonderful). After being in Mitchell Manor for approximately 3 weeks, my dad had to use a cell phone we had given him so that he could call 9-1-1. The staff was usually non-responsive to his call light and/or complaints about not being able to breathe (even though he has had COPD for years and they were aware of that). He was taken to a local hospital where they immediately admitted him and placed him in ICU. He had an eye infection, pneumonia, sepsis and MERSA (not sure how that's spelled) when they admitted him. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THIS NURSING HOME FOR A LOVED ONE, DO NOT SELECT IT. FIND ANOTHER PLACE!!!!! If you are considering a nursing home in the State of Wisconsin, please check this website [removed] where you will be able to search by county (and city) and can find ratings for each facility. Wish we had done that BEFORE my dad was placed at Mitchell Manor.

I wish I would have found them before.

I wish I would have found them before. We didn't get to be here very long. I really liked them. They were very professional. I could relate to them pretty well, I really liked the staff here. They treated us very well while we were here.

We really liked them, they were very good.

We toured this community as we were looking around. We really liked them, they were very good. Nice and clean, with a very friendly staff. They just didn't have memory care here, and it turned out that is what we were going to need. Very nice though, we might have chosen this one had our needs been different.

Early Impressions.

I'm a new comer to this campus. Had lived east of here in past for over 30 years. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Like location of my apt next to laundry. Am disappointed storage area is so far away but do like security for it after I learned how it worked. Attitude of activity director is much more pleasant and inviting toward the residents than the previous assisted place I was at. Privacy is better respected here. Overall things seem to be going well so far.

Meadowmere West Allis

My Mom moved into Meadowmere in May. The experience has had its ups and downs. We toured the facility first before deciding to place Mom there. Our tour guide was informative and very helpful. We viewed several apartments which would fit Mom's needs including financial position. Unfortunately, shortly after Mom moved in, the management changed. The Director and Sales Manager (our tour guide) were gone. There was no communication to my Mom or our family of this. Now our contacts at the facility were gone and we did not hear of their replacements - still have not received any type of communication. Services at Meadowmere have been slower since then also. Staff remarks to my Mom include "I will get to you when I can, we are short staffed."
Overall, the facility is clean and staff is friendly to my Mom. There could be better communication to family when a major change occurs - like the new contact numbers for the replacements.

All Levels of Care

My parents are in Meadowmere, not Mitchell Manor. It expensive but everyone over charges. I'm paying $9,000 a month for two apartments.

My parents like it very much. They said the food is good.

I chose this community because they have care at all levels. The have assisted living and nursing care and memory care as well. My father has Parkinson's and that can turn into a memory issue. My parents can move there and live there for the rest of thier lives and that was very important to me.

Lovely place. Was given a wonderful ...

Lovely place. Was given a wonderful tour and even accommodated us when we asked to see the nursing home area. Has a beautiful chapel that Mom would enjoy.

I met with the director yesterday and...

I met with the director yesterday and she was so helpful. She gave me a lot of information and a very nice tour. Mary also invited both Mom and I back for a luncheon or dinner. She was super nice and a joy to meet with. She gave me so much useful information that i will study this week. Very impressive facility.

Have an appointment 3/20/12Got e-mail...

Have an appointment 3/20/12Got e-mail. she said separate assisted living apartments. Have balconies.

Has a assisted living group home buil...

Has a assisted living group home building and a nursing home building. End of life care would not be a problem. Nurse on staff 24hrs. Small rooms with minimum furnishings. Did not care for the community "room" an open area near the front door with a reception type desk. Kind of pricey for what is available for the assisted group home.

Bright, Very Helpful tour, Rooms spac...

Bright, Very Helpful tour, Rooms spacious & Bright- Cost high-side but more inclusive of service and utilities included.

Thank you for considering Meadowmere Assisted Living Apartments and Mitchell Manor Senior Living Community in West Allis! We offer a full range of health care services to promote healthy living.

Are you tired of being cooped up by the cold winter weather?
Ask about Meadowmere’s Winter move in special to help ease the transition from your home to your new apartment. Our community offers spacious apartments which you can personalize with your own furnishings and decorations. Lunch Outings and Shopping trips are just a few of the events our seniors look forward to with our Healthy Generations Calendar each month. Join us for lunch and a personal tour to experience the warmth of Meadowmere.

Step back in time as you enter the luxurious Mitchell Mansion, childhood home of General Billy Mitchell 125 years ago. Mitchell Manor offers a community based residence with a designated area for memory care as well as skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services. Three delicious meals are served daily featuring homemade soups and bakery, entrees and desserts. Private dining rooms are available for family and friends to enjoy a meal together or celebrate special occasions.

Mitchell Manor Adult Day Services offers a warm, welcome place for older adults to socialize and keep active during the day. They enjoy a delicious breakfast and lunch each day from the Meadowmere kitchen.