It just didn't work for us

Lone Oak is a very nice place, I would rate it at about a 4 for most situations. For us, it did not work, and I had to move [Removed] after about 1 month.
The staff are incredibly kind and helpful, but it is a living situation meant for someone who can be more independent than my sister; the staff are available to help with physical limitations of residents, but it is a small staff for the size of facility. They also missed one medication dose during her stay there (and my sister needs 3 administrations of medication per day to prevent epileptic seizures – she was given that dose, but late). The front desk is not always staffed, so my sister was able to walk out one day and she got lost while trying to access the stores a block away (because of her brain injury). After 2 more attempts to leave, the head nurse informed me that my sister needed a sitter to guarantee her safety and that I needed to move her into a memory care residence.

So I loved Lone Oak, but it did not work out for our situation.

I was disappointed in this facility which looks great from the outside. When you walk in, you enter the dining room, and the floor was not clean. The hallway carpets really need replacing and the overall feel was uncomfortable. The staff was friendly and informative, but pretty much talked to only us and not my mother in law. I got the impression the #1 here was not the residents, but the business. While I understand this IS a business, we are leaving our loved one in your hands, you need to take care of their needs and not just your profits.

Frontier Management

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in the care we provide our residents. If you'd be willing, we would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Lone Oak moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

I took a tour!

The person at Lone Oak gave a good tour. They did an excellent job of following up. The facility itself was nice, but it was not the best fit for my loved one at the moment.

Four-Star Overall

The numbers for the ratings are really the only thing I have to say about the facility at the moment. Lone Oak gets a four-star overall rating from me and I hope everyone finds my ratings for it helpful.

It's more independent

It's lovely looking. The dining is nice and light. The day to day staff are friendly and caring and nice. They have a very rigid meal schedule. They are very light on the assisted part, it was almost independent living. That was kind of a disappointment. We had one incident with some confusion and they asked our loved one to move out. They were not very flexible and accommodating, they didn't even try to come up with a solution or see if it was an isolated incident.

Overall it's working out.

It's very clean. The food isn't too bad. Communication with family could be improved, knowing what's going on from the communities perspective. There doesn't seem to be a lot of follow up, if I have a question. I liked that they weren't right on a really busy road with a lot of traffic noise. We really liked the design of the building, very open spaces, and a lot of windows.

Everything You Need to Feel at Home. Whether you’re active and on the go or need some help with activities of daily life, Lone Oak gives you the means to live life fully. For those seeking choice and independence, you’ll find a variety of creative, engaging and stimulating programs and activities designed to enhance your lifestyle. Our licensed assisted living care services are personalized to help our residents maintain active and comfortable lives while supported with dignity as their needs grow and change.