Woodside Senior Living - Springfield, OR

Woodside Senior Living - Springfield, OR has yet not published prices.

They. We're wonderful and helpful

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for the kind review!

Not a good place for your parent or loved one

I put my 101 year old mom here a year ago when she needed assisted living. I wish I had not. The place is dirty. Apartments are not cleaned regularly. Dust was deep in her room until today when I spent over an hour cleaning her bathroom, dusting everywhere, and vacuuming. We are paying for this service. The staff has changed several times while she has been here. We were told there would always be an RN or an LPN on duty but that is not true. Today is Sat of the Labor Day weekend and there is no one of authority on duty. I have contacted the State Ombudsman who was already aware of the problems here. Don't bring you parent here until there is a big change.

Samantha Alcaraz

We are very sorry you had this experience at this community. We are currently under new management and changes have been made to better facilitate and accommodate the needs of our residents and our families. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at [removed]

Good, but Did Not Suit Our Needs

I toured Brookdale Woodside while looking for a community for my mother-in-law, but we found that it did not meet our needs. They only have memory care there, and it seemed to me that it was for people who can’t come around, those that have advanced needs, and I didn’t think she would want to live there. She wanted to feel independent. We wanted the same; we didn’t want her to feel like a prisoner there, so we chose to move her elsewhere.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience, we appreciate the feedback.

Wonderful activities offered at this community!!

I have to say that I am very happy with everything this community has done for my mother. She has acclimated very well into her new living environment and has really made her self right at home. The food they server is wonderful. She attends all three meals a day and really enjoys her dinning experience. They also offer a great activity program including bingo, crafts, and movie theater field trips. I have had a pleasant experience and would defiantly recommend this place.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear about your experience being a positive one.

Lovely place. Met by the Sales and Marketing Manager on a Saturday. Small enough to be able to get to know most other residents. Great menu. Best of all the 1 bedroom is roomy enough to feel comfortable. Staffing is dependent on needs of residents, not the number of residents. That is a really good thing.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for the 5 star review!

A Place for Mom

I found out about Brookdale Springfield, Woodside, from
A Place For Mom.
I would NOT put my mom, anywhere I would not want to be.
My mom has lived with me, for seven years, and is 93 yrs. old. Because of my health I needed to find, an assisted living for her.
I was very impressed with the staff at Woodside. All of them
are professional and CARING. Sometimes, they are short
staffed, during dinner time. My mother is engaging into
the lifestyle, and doing many activities, and looks forward
each day, to visit with her friends, during her meals. She is happy, and doing better than I expected, which is a real
comfort to me.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you are pleased with this community.

Friendly Staff, But Needs More Experience

The staff members working at the Brookdale Springfield Woodside are all very friendly and helpful and very nice. However, they do need to improve on the competency and the expertise of the care givers.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are currently under new management and appreciate the feedback to make necessary changes. Thanks again.

Nice staff, going through growing pains.

On care services, I am getting too many phone calls. I'm getting a little tired of it. They seem to be going through growing pains. I know they're trying to get coordinated. I get medicines for my mom and I will drop it off and then the next morning will get a phone call saying they need her medicine. Their communication is off internally. Their staff is very helpful and very nice and nice to my mom.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are currently under new management and changes have been made to improve the service and communication to better accommodate our residents and their families. We appreciate the feedback.