Brookdale Eugene Alpine Court - Eugene, OR

Brookdale Eugene Alpine Court - Eugene, OR has yet not published prices.

Kind and accommodating staff!

I really like the positive atmosphere that I walk into at the Brookdale Eugene. The staff is all very accommodating and friendly. The only thing that concerns me a little bit is that they are short staffed. It's nothing terrible, but it is something I hope gets fixed soon. Other than that, the place is clean for the most part, and my loved one is being well taken care of.

Loud Music!

My tour of the Brookside Eugene Alpine Court did not go very well. The whole time I was touring, there was this very loud music playing, and it was very distracting. Also they did not have any openings at the time.

the care has been good and I am happy with it. The meals are suitable but not quite what my husband likes. It is definitely a clean community. They offer activities for the residents. They have a small library but it does not seem to have interests for my husband so I provide him with books. The caregivers help him get dressed. The community has a light and airy feeling.

A 5+ Community

This community is awesome and I would recommend them and use them again if I needed to return. My mom is doing fine here. They have been so good to my mom and I am pleased with all they did. the caregivers and nurses are wonderful staff. Sherry is so helpful and understanding. A Place For Mom was helpful and made the experience more helpful.

Settling For This Community

The community is kept clean and they have activities but at times they don't inform all residents. The staff could improve on being more informative and caring. My mom says her meals are 50/50, and her main complaint is being left in the dining area for 2-3 hours. She eats but has to wait to be returned to her room, this frustrates her. I believe they do provide care and safety.

Going well

Absolutely. . .things are going well at Brookdale and we are doing just fine there.

Personal Touch

I thought that the staff really get to know the residents and do try to offer a personal touch and connection with them. There was a lot of turnover though, but we got to know the new people and they seem caring and kind. The billing was always screwed up, but at the end of the day we were just glad she was in a safe place.

Overall It Is Pretty Good

I would say that overall it's pretty good, but there is no activities director, which is really a bummer. It's taking a long time to get a new one. The food is not always very good, it's not made with the healthiest of ingredients. Some of the workers are really great though and the cleanliness is pretty good.

helpful and cheerful

They give mom good care at Emeritus at Apline Campus. They give her a shower twice a week. I do wish they would have more activities in the afternoon, about all they have going on is TV. I also think my mother needs more attention when she is dressing. Sometimes she is wearing someone else's clothing, it seems to get mixed up. The floor is sometimes sticky at this facility. The staff are very helpful and cheerful here.

If you are looking at Alpine Springs for your parent keep looking. The food is disgusting. After complaints the management nothing has changed. If you eat there take plenty of water to wash it down. They are definitely not resident oriented. There are NO activities. They could at least have Bingo.

Not A Bad Experience...

We have had some problems with some things being stolen from my mom and had some problems with the staff there in recognizing that she has dementia and often times things are misplaced, but things have definitely been taken and the way they deal with that has not been well. On a positive note I have spoken to the director and I believe things have been resolved in that area. The activities have not been consistent, but they have a new activities director so things will start to stabilize.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you have connected with management. We will share your other comments with the management team as well.

My mother in law moved into this facility several weeks ago and we are currently in the process of moving her out. The first three weeks living there, no one had removed her garbage so she's placing it in the hallway just to have it removed. She was advised to do this by other residents. Also, she asks for a shower since she's unable to shower unsupervised and she has went a full week without. [removed] As a diabetic, my mother in law is insulin dependent. When she missed her evening shot because the employee in the medic room didn't know what to do, she reported it to another worker. She was told, "oh well." This place has been, to say the least, a horrible experience. Cannot move her out soon enough.

friendly staff, but understaffed

The staff is extremely nice. However, they are very understaffed, and that makes a difference. It takes a while at times for things to get done, and the care services can sometimes suffer a little because of lack of being adequately staffed, etc. The food there is also not so good.

Not a bad place, and certainly wonderful people, but I just think they need more staff.

It's going okay, it's pretty clean, and the staff is friendly.

It's going okay, it's pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. They are attentive, and have lots of activities. I will give them a four for food. We chose them over some of the others because the location was good for us.

Very nice place, really need to work on the food though

For the most part everything at Emeritus at Alpine Campus has been great! My Mom loves the apartment, and they put in a brand carpet and paint when she moved in. The services and amenities they offer are very nice as well. The housekeepers do an excellent job, the maintenance men are efficient and always happy to help, and she loves the on-site hairdresser!
The biggest problem is that the food is terrible. I've heard complaints both from my loved one as well as many of the other residents. Mom has started doing her own cooking again, as she just can't stomach what they serve. That was a big disappointment to us, since not having to cook anymore was one of the big draws to an assisted living community.

It's beautiful

It's beautiful. A very nice place. I really liked it. It was either assisted living or memory care. They didn't have that in between level of care. We needed something that could bridge that gap. Still a very nice place for those that are a good fit.

Emeritus at Alpine

food could be better.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We invite you to address any concerns you have regarding the food with our Dining Services Director.

New Owners

They just got bought out by another company, so it’s all gone downhill. Things have changed drastically. The staff has turned over a hundred percent. It’s just not the same place that it was and I’m not feeling optimistic.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry that your experience with our community is not meeting your expectations. We understand that having changes in the staffing of our community may cause undue stress for our residents, but please rest assured that we are working diligently to hire many new staff members to ensure that our seniors are receiving the high quality care they deserve. We are pleased to announce that under the management of our new Executive Director, we have welcomed a new Maintenance Director to our family, and look forward to welcoming a new Wellness Coordinator soon.

Bright and sunny Facility,lots of daylight! great food.

We feel that Alpine Court is the best Facility in Eugene-Springfield.The rooms are larger then at other places and what's considered semi-privet is allmost as good as a privet room.
How ever,.it was not " A place for mom" that took me to visit and check out Alpine Court but Rod Holst from ADULT SOLUTIONS . He took me to 5 Facilities including Alpine Court and arranged a meeting with Shana,who explained the ins and outs of the Facility.
Rod Holst deserves the credit for us deciding on Alpine Court.

So far so good.

So far so good. The only thing is the food program, there is a lot of gravy and chicken, there aren't a lot of healthier options, other than the salad bar. I think the professionalism of the staff is what really stands out about them, they are so nice and really seem personable. Whoever is taking care of the maintenance is also doing a good job, it is always clean and well kept.

Response to Inquiry - Niles

We moved our mom to Alpine Campus from another Emeritus venue last summer. She was becoming more unable to care for herself and had started wandering outside the venue. At Alpine Campus she has a lovely room, attentive staff and can roam all four neighborhoods no matter what time of day or night. She seems so much happier given the freedom she has and the higher staff to resident ration. Being able to get up during the night and see a friendly face and have a cup of coffee has really diminished her anxiety and she is more relaxed and comfortable.

Never a consideration

Too far away and too darn costly, they're all expensive but this one especialyl and this was never a consideration. My daughter and I interviewed these people together and it never clicked with either of us.

At Alpine Court our goal is to provide the highest quality-of-life for each of our residents. Alpine Court is dedicated to our life engagement philosophy of social, psychological, spiritual and physical well-being of every individual.

This dedication is reflected in every effort our community makes in caring for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementias. Our intent is to allow each resident to function independently at their level of ability, while providing care and assistance where needed.

Our Life Engagement programs are developed around each person’s specific interests, abilities, past history and routine. Engagements flow throughout each day to promote cognitive, sensory, creative and physical skills.